We came across interesting new jobs at Ridgeline Games, Sony PlayStation, Pinewood Studios, and Life Beyond Studios – and they’re looking for a Senior Voice Over Audio Artist (WA, US), UX Designer for Search & Voice (CA, US), Junior Re-Recording Mixer (England), and Sound Designer (France).
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at Rev Rooms (UK), Sound Designer at Clean Cuts (Remote), Senior Manager of Sound at PlayStation Global (QC, Canada), Senior Technical Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (England), Audio Designer at The Gang (Remote), Producer at Team17 (England), Producer at Criterion Games (England), Technical Producer at thatgamecompany (Remote), Customer Care Expert for Media Composer at Avid (Multiple), Audio Lead at ProbablyMonsters (WA, US), and Senior Sound Designer at Ridgeline Games (WA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Freelance Audio Engineer at Swann Studios (Remote), Audio Designer at Haven Studios (QC, Canada / Hybrid), People & Culture Manager at Beatport (Remote), Mid / Senior Sound Post Producer at Mighty Sound (NSW, Australia / Hybrid), Audio Engineer at One97 (KA, India), and Mix Tech at Wild Woods Pictures & Sound (CA, US).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Company: Ridgeline Games
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.Role Overview: You are a Senior VO Audio Artist supporting our Voice Over/Narrative team. This will involve assisting the Dialogue Lead in recording and editing voice assets, document and asset management, and the technical aspects of asset integration in our 3D editor Frostbite. For this position, we are looking for an experienced Voice Over Audio Artist. This is not an entry level position.
- Help our Audio Team create a world class Audio experience
- Use a DAW to edit, name, process and organize voice over sound files
- Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize voice over assets for in game playback
- Participate in voice over recording and performance capture sessions
- Test and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Organize and update script documents, design documents, and voice over .wav files
- Manage studio recording schedule while communicating with external partners
- Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior VO Audio Artist, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Recording Arts.
- Prior work experience on a AAA Game development team.
- 3+ years of experience with scripted and systemic voice over.
- Knowledge of \ experience with Performance Capture voice over workflow.
- 3+ years of experience or Knowledge of common voice over microphones, microphone placement, and recording studio setups.
- Basic knowledge of audio theory and audio editing practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins.
- Proficiency with audio software \ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic.
- Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, Soundtoys, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors.
- Basic technical proficiency or knowledge of 3D editors. Knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
- You must be committed to growing within your craft, and improving your skills as a VO Audio Artist.
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with a resume.
- Provide a web link on resume for online Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required).
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs. BASE SALARY RANGES • California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $95,450 – $141,800 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $89,200 – $141,800 • Jersey City, NJ: º $105,250 – $141,800 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $89,200 – $118,550 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $89,200 – $130,750 Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Company: Sony PlayStation
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA
The Search & Voice team is responsible for evolving fundamental features of PlayStation products that help gamers find content and perform tasks in a rapid and seamless way. This group focuses on text-based search, sort, and filter across gaming consoles, mobile apps, our web properties, and more. They also define the future of the PlayStation voice agent, a useful assistant for all sorts of gaming tasks.
You are an expert UX designer with a portfolio of products shipped to consumers. You solve design problems by understanding their larger context and developing a consistent system that solves an entire class of issues at once. You're a diplomat among cross-functional partners, comfortable balancing product requirements, design solutions, and technical constraints.
You will join our UX Design team in San Francisco and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization while exploring innovative concepts and technology.Responsibilities
- Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand and services.
- Quickly produce multiple and distinct UX/UI concepts.
- Ideate innovative solutions with inputs from key partners.
- Build flows, wireframes, prototypes, and corresponding documentation.
- Craft and apply design patterns, processes, and best practices.
- Rapidly iterate on design solutions based on engineering or other constraints.
- Communicate design ideas in a compelling way, encouraging partners to accept new solutions and concepts.
- 4+ years of experience building user-centered interactive designs.
- A portfolio that showcases thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale
- Experience crafting web and mobile products
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts
- Experience working with research and insights
- Experience designing to Product KPI’s
- Ability to work unsupervised in an agile environment
- Very high level of proficiency with Figma, including components, auto-layout, prototyping, tokens, animation, plugins, etc
- Experience working with decentralized or global teams is a plus
- Experience working with A/B testing is a plus
- Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Experience with consumer gaming or media products is a plus
- Conversation design experience is a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$118,600—$177,800 USDEqual Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Company: Pinewood Studios
Location: London, UK
Reporting to the Senior Re-Recording Mixer within the Localisation team, the Junior Re-recording Mixer role delivers services across two key areas within Post Production. The first is being responsible for delivering foreign language version mixes to the extremely high standards our clients expect and within challenging deadlines. The second is to identify, prepare and support the smooth running of Mixing and Recording for domestic sound dry-hire clients from a technical perspective. They would support Re-recording Mixers to ensure they are experiencing the first-class facilities that they expect.Principle accountabilities
- Mixing Foreign Versions to a very high standard within set timelines
- Responsible for keeping central database up to date that drives both the scheduling of the team and the reporting delivered to the client
- Performing ad hoc editorial tasks including: Incoming tracks QC and Preparation (“Loads”), QC & Deliverables creation.
- Responsible for the set up and technical support of any mix theatre used by Dry-Hire clients using Engineering Team resource as appropriate.
- Working with Engineering Team to address any technical issues that arise throughout sound mixes in the theatres.
- Ensuring Dry-Hire clients receive a high level of customer service.
- Responsible for the set-up of ADR sessions, including individual/group sessions and Source Connect / Skype / Zoom sessions
- Managing the creation and distribution of final mastered audio files to our clients on completion of a job leveraging in-house Sound Editorial and Digital Asset Coordinator resources as appropriate
- Acting as the first point of contact for Dry-Hire clients and Sound Teams when assigned to a Dry-Hire project ensuring any issues are escalated to the relevant managers as appropriate
The role of Junior Re-recording Mixer is split into two disciplines within our Post Production department.
The first is completing Re-recording Mixer services for our clients in one of our state of the art mixing theatres, mixing foreign dialogues for theatrical releases across many formats including Dolby ATMOS, IMAX, 7.1 and 5.1
This process would closely follow Department’s well-established workflow; however, the incumbent would be expected to use their flair and expertise to know when to go outside of the usual process’s parameters.
They would work with company’s major clients in the creation of the foreign language mixes, within a department dedicated to offering its clients the highest possible level of service and using the latest available technology. The final mix would go through an extensive QC process before being delivered for mastering.
The mixer would be given the project they are working on week by week, with the planning and coordination of the team done centrally and with assumption that all work is under strict deadlines for completion (for example, the client delivers final domestic mix elements for foreign versioning 2/3 weeks before the release worldwide, which is a confirmed date that cannot be changed). This adds considerable pressure to deliver on the role holder.
They would require good knowledge of Mixing and Editing using Avid Pro Tools; good knowledge of Avid Control surfaces including Icon and Avid S6. They would also require good knowledge of mixing dialogs for theatrical release in formats including 7.1, 5.1 and ideally some knowledge of Dolby Atmos and IMAX.
Content security is key – the role holder would need acute awareness of this and carry working practices and behaviors that naturally protect the intellectual property of the films they are working on.
The second part is operating as a Mix Technician for our domestic sound dry-hire clients. This includes being the first and last technical point of contact for a client working in our Mix Theatres. They would deal with client queries and escalate to more experienced members of the team when applicable.
They would work with the Engineering Team to make sure the Mixing Theatres are setup and appropriately equipped for the particular client’s requirements and ensure any technical issues during a mix are resolved as quickly as possible to minimize downtime.
They will assist the client with creating the final deliverables for their project working with all relevant internal stakeholders (Management, Scheduling, Sound Editorial, Digital Asset Management) to ensure timely and correct delivery of all required assets.Skills and experience Essential:
- Experience Mixing and Editing using Avid Pro Tools
- Previous experience of working in audio post production
- Knowledge of using Avid Pro tools control surfaces including Icon and Avid S6
- Knowledge of mixing dialogs for theatrical releases in all sound formats including 5.1, 7.1
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to strict deadlines
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A ‘good ear’ with the ability to analyse a mix and make appropriate corrections.
- Able to work some evening and weekends as required
- Able to travel and to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis
- Audio related degree
- Music related degree
- Experience in music mixing
- Knowledge of Mac OSX
- Basic IT knowledge
- Understanding of foreign languages
- Role location: Shepperton Studios
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- 10% annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
Extensive competitive company benefits package including:
25 days holiday plus the option to buy 3 additional days
- Comprehensive private healthcare cover from Bupa
- Dental and optical cover
- Access to 24/7 virtual GP service from Babylon
- Gym and retail discounts
- Daily canteen subsidy
- Free film screenings and staff events
We provide free transport from nearby tube and mainline rail stations to the studios. Details of our shuttle bus service are available on our website.Closing date for applications is the 28th May 2023
We are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.
Company: Life Beyond Studios
Location: Paris, France
Life Beyond Studios, a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, is a game studio founded by veterans of the AAA games industry that is currently developing the play-and-earn sci-fi MMO ”Life Beyond”.
The core team includes Benjamin Charbit (game director Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag), Marc Albinet (game director of Assassin’s Creed Unity and Dying Light 2), Christian Bravery (art director of Black & White and the Fable series), Samuel Kahn (tech lead for Ubisoft’s Snowdrop Engine and Crytek’s Cryengine) and Vincent Marty (head of marketing Ubisoft EMEA and VP at ESL Gaming).
Together they lead a multicultural team with offices in Paris, Barcelona, and London, composed of passionate people whose collective mission is to pioneer the next generation of high-quality online multiplayer games. At Life Beyond Studios, they strongly believe in the positive power of online video games to create meaningful, interactive, and social experiences.
Life Beyond is a gaming metaverse where players embark on a journey to build a new civilization on planet Dolos. In this sci-fi world, powered by NFTs and a player-driven tokenized economy, players-citizens can decide who they want to become and the role they want to play in Life Beyond’s complex and many-layered society.
Life Beyond Studio is looking for a skilled Sound Designer/Technician to join our team and help create a captivating audio experience for our upcoming video game project. Your role will involve the following missions :Responsibilities
- Creating and integrating sound effects, music, and voiceovers into the game
- Maintaining and optimizing audio systems to ensure they are running efficiently
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure audio needs are met throughout production
- Working with external audio vendors and overseeing the acquisition of sound assets
- 4/5 years minimum of experience as a Sound Designer or Sound Technician on video game productions, preferably AAA or AA titles
- A degree or equivalent experience in sound design or a related field
- Experience in creating and implementing audio assets for video games
- Proficiency in audio software tools such as Pro Tools, Reaper, or similar
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for video games and a keen understanding of how audio contributes to the overall experience
- Fluent English
- A competitive salary (based on experience) + discretionary bonus
- 35 days off per year
- Flexible working hours without time tracking – we trust you to deliver on your work commitments
- Choose where you wish to live! The company has hubs in Barcelona, Paris, London and support hybrid work
- Attend in-person events with the entire LBS team multiple times a year