We came across interesting new jobs at Proletariat, Illuvium, Crystal Dynamics, and Black Shamrock – and they’re looking for a Principal Audio Designer (MA, US), Audio Technical Artist, Unreal (Remote), Audio Designer (CA, US), and Junior Audio Designer (Ireland).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Resolution Games (Sweden), Interactive Speech Audio Designer at Archiact (Remote, Canada), Trainee / Junior / Regular Technical Sound Designer at Audiokraft (Germany), Trainee / Junior / Regular Creative Sound Designer at BOOM Library (Germany), audio talents at Soundcuts (Remote), Audio Designer at 31st Union (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Sega Europe (France), Sound Designer at Red Storm (NC, US), Audio Senior Manager at Pipeworks (OR, US), Video Games Sound Designer at Thinkspace Education (Philippines), Head of Premium Music Content at Twitch (NY, US), Audio Director at Firesprite (England), and VO Designer at Gearbox Software (TX, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at PUBG San Ramon (CA, US), Post Audio Mixer at Apple (CA, US), Assistant at Trevor Morris Music (Remote), Sound Designer at Undead Labs (WA, US), Dialogue Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (England), and Sound Designer at Santa Monica Studios (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Leslie Shatz discusses the subtle sonic choices on Maggie Gyllenhaal’s directorial debut The Lost Daughter
• Here are all the 2022 Oscar BEST SOUND Nominees – and the stories behind their impressive sound
• Steve Fanagan and David McCallum discuss sound of near-future technology, emotion, and creativity in Swan Song
• Go behind the sound for all the BAFTA 2022 nominees in the SOUND category
Location: Boston, MA, US
Proletariat is seeking a Principal Audio Designer who can flex their creativity and problem solving skills across a diverse set of projects. A Principal Audio Designer at Proletariat identifies, creates, and ensures the quality of audio content and its integration as a gameplay element. They work closely with project stakeholders to establish a vision for the game’s audio,and will supervise audio production to make certain it is in keeping with that vision.
The right Principal Audio Designer may be asked to mentor more junior Audio Designers, and qualified candidates with interest and experience in building and managing a team may be considered for an Audio Manager title. Candidates will be asked to provide a current reel showcasing relevant work with details on individual contribution. Qualified candidates may be expected to complete a small audio test.Responsibilities:
- Produce and supervise audio production from the artistic and technical perspectives
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs as necessary
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, design documents)
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the appropriate sources
- Work with other creative stakeholders to identify and communicate audio asset needs
- Set the musical direction of the product
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers/technical directors to ensure proper integration
- Determine project resource needs and set out the budget for audio group with production
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data
- 8+ years of experience in audio production for video games;
- Extensive knowledge of WWise
- Film or TV post production experience is an asset.
- Ability to communicate a vision;
- Good communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Excellent sense of aesthetics;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software;
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset.
- Management or mentorship experience a plus.
We are looking for a Technical Audio Artist to implement and mix the audio assets (SFX, voices, ambiences and music) provided by the Audio team to create and promote Illuvium's AAA NFT RPG game and auto-battler, and open-world RPG experience. With our AAA Art teams, you will implement sounds and code functionalities and mechanics in Unreal within a multidiscipline environment, alongside the Audio team, which uses Audiokinetic Wwise.About Illuvium
Illuvium Labs is an independent game development studio based in Sydney, Australia. We develop blockchain based games for the Illuvium DAO. We have developed a strong culture of independence with our team, preferring candidates who can articulate their own vision and goals. We operate almost entirely remotely, so each team member designs their own hours and work schedule. In the end, all that matters is the delivered product. We hire based on people's abilities to adapt and change quickly, valuing underlying core abilities above specific skill sets.Responsibilities
- Take the SFX created by the Audio team and bring the immersion/feedback to the player by building elaborate AAA implementation techniques
- Create blueprints, develop tools, automate tasks and all post-process materials in Unreal Engine 4
- Assist the Audio team in implementing Interactive Music in the Unreal side (game calls)
- Mix the game's audio assets before launch
- Quickly solve issues related to Audio
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Be proactive in being aware of all of the aspects of the game (game design, level design, art, animation, 3D objects, environment, AI, scenario, etc.) to understand the game's needs as they relate to sound
- Expert in Unreal Engine: experience creating blueprints, developing tools, automating tasks and all post-process materials in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with programming in C++
- Experience in audio pipeline development and Sources Control workflow
- Strong interest in sound and music
- Ability to talk to programmers, artists, producers, and designers and explain technical issues in a clear and approachable manner
- Experience with Audiokinetic Wwise API in Unreal Engine
- Background as a Sound Designer
- Experience with Git
All of our jobs are 100% remote and we are looking to find the best talent globally!
Company: Crystal Dynamics
Location: Redwood City, CA, US
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options.Position Summary
Crystal Dynamics is looking for an experienced Audio Designer with knowledge in multiple aspects of audio design and implementation to join our award-winning team. In this position you will collaborate with the design team to create, record, edit, polish, and implement assets to create the audioscapes that rise to the high aesthetic standards that Crystal Dynamics is known for, while directly contributing to incredibly immersive experiences for our players! This is a centralized team, and you will work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, implement, synchronize, and tune sound effects in a wide variety of characters, creatures, and objects
- Implement and tune animation-based as well as physics and particle-based sound events
- Script interactive music and ambience throughout the game environment
Assist with the recording of VO (Voice Over) and the implementation of dialog in the game
Participate in field and studio recording for audio assets
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, artists, and producers to identify audio needs
- Work independently to complete assigned projects on time with limited supervision
- Help improve internal tools, process, and communication.
- Work with external sound designers as necessary
- Capable of establishing/working within a given style with a strong understanding of audio processes and techniques
- Strong command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- The ability to work with a wide variety of ever changing and evolving tools and responsibilities
- 2+ years industry or related experience with audio (ex. sound design, music)
- Knowledge of video games and/or innovative media and entertainment
- Understanding of current console generation and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- A good ear and a passion for quality audio
Previous experience with scripting and the technical ins and outs of audio integration
Proficient in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company: Black Shamrock
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Black Shamrock is seeking a Junior Audio Designer to join our Dublin team and work on a variety of exciting projects and collaborating with teams across the globe. Candidates will need to demonstrate a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis and experience in the field of audio design. They will be expected to contribute across the audio design process while improving their own skill set under the mentorship of senior staff.
Our ideal candidate would have a high level of enthusiasm for creating and mixing audio assets and the ability to share this enthusiasm and contribute as part of a team, or work under their own direction as necessary.
A love for games is a big plus, but all candidates will be considered!
Black Shamrock prides itself on it’s diversity, and are proud to say we are an equal opportunities employer.What you will do
- Recording, editing, and designing sound effects using industry standard methods and tools.
- Contributing to all aspects of sound design, post-production and implementation as required.
- This applies to both linear and interactive content, and across multiple audio styles and game genres.
- Working closely with the Audio Lead to establish unique sonic identities for all projects. Efficiently action feedback from department Leads or clients to suit project scope and timelines.
- Efficiently handle asset management tasks and assistance in documentation where needed. (Asset management is a team-wide effort!)
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on designed content from your team and discipline.
- Design exceptional audio content to create fun and engaging player experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in audio editing, asset synthesis, processing and mixing skills (particularly with SFX and dialogue.)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with one or more current DAWs (Pro Tools / Logic Pro X / Reaper a plus) and software/plugins (ie. iZotope, Waves, Kontakt etc)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and quickly adapt to/manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge of one audio middleware (Wwise, Fmod)
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to work independently to get the job done under your own initiative.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A good work ethic and a positive attitude.
- A Quality demo reel/portfolio.
- Understanding of the game development process.
- Experience working with the Unity/Unreal 4 Engine.
- A passion for all things gaming.
- The chance to work as a part of multidisciplinary team on endlessly interesting projects.
- Flexible Working Hours.
- 5 paid Sickness days + 5 paid Wellness days.
- Project Bonuses.
- Laya Healthcare.
- Training and Skill Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Initiatives and Workshops.
- Charity Events, Social Events, and Participation in Community Engagement Schemes.
- Travel Cards, through the TaxSaver initiative.
- Bike to Work Scheme.