We came across interesting new jobs at WayForward, PlayStation, Phoenix Labs, and Disney Publishing – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (CA, US / Remote), Sound Designer (US / Canada / Remote), Audio Lead (BC, Canada), and Remote Audio Intern (Remote).
We also found openings for an Audio Director at Gameloft, Part-Time Audio Producer at Audacy (France), Product Owner of Professional Audio at Sennheiser (Germany), Senior Manager of Audio Production at SiriusXM+Pandora (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Freakonomics Radio (NY, US), Audio Engineer at CBS Interactive (CA, US), Staff Game Audio Engineer at Dolby Laboratories (CA, US), Sound Designer via Motion Recruitment (FL, US), Sound Engineer at Independent News & Media (Ireland), Assistant Voice Over Designer at EA DICE (CA, US), Audio Development Support at Rockstar Bengaluru (KA, India), Contract Audio Designer at WarnerMedia (QC, Canada), Sound Design Manager at Facebook, Composer (electronic/pop) at Hexany Audio, and Technical Audio Designer at Ubisoft San Francisco (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lecturer in Music Technology at Coventry University (England), Senior Sound Designer at Epic Games (NC, US), Remote Sound Designers for Pod People / Wondery, and Technical Sound Designer at Epic Games (NC, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Can you guess what’s making this sound? If so, here are your chances to win BOOM Library sound effects worth up to $1000! The 2021 MPSE Award winners have been found – here are the sound stories behind 10 of them. Chasing the rare sounds of Aurora Borealis, and other fascinating sounds of Lapland, with Niklas Eurén.
Location: Valencia, CA, US / Remote
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 30 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more!
Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon.
Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.
WayForward is seeking an experienced Sound Designer to join our audio team on a full time basis. The ideal candidate will have proven skills designing sound for multiple genres and a demonstrable understanding of the game audio pipeline. They will have great communication skills, a flexible skillset, and the ability to work well with other team members across multiple disciplines.
Core responsibilities include designing and creating sound effect assets, creating FMOD events, working with programmers to implement FMOD events in game, following naming conventions and best practices, and working with the audio team to create cohesive and immersive audio experiences for multiple titles.Qualifications
- A portfolio demonstrating high quality and versatile game sound design
- Experience designing audio for games, and a knowledge of the specific challenges and considerations for non-linear audio
- Mastery of at least one major DAW
- Significant experience using FMOD Studio in all stages of the game design pipeline
- Significant experience using VSTs and synthesis to design and create sound effect assets
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to effectively track work
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and quickly iterate on sound effects
- Passion for game audio, and a drive to constantly improve at your craft
- Experience using Ableton Live and Sound Forge 10
- Experience creating games in Unreal Engine and Unity
This is not a music composition position, nor will it lead to one. We are looking for people who are passionate about the discipline of sound design.
Due to the situation with COVID-19 WayForward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office are preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.
Location: US / Canada / Remote
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Mateo/Bay Area; It can also be fully remote based anywhere in Canada.
A creative and experienced Sound Designer for interactive media who is interested in working with one of PlayStation's top AAA studios.
As It Turns Out
We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our award winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the industry quality bar. Your primary focus will be on sound design and implementation. Dialog, Foley, and field recording experience a plus.
- Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the title’s narrative
- Implementation and authoring of sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life
- Sound design and mixing of cinematics in multiple formats and specs
- Collaborating with PD Sound leads to deliver cohesive and compelling audio experiences
- 3+ Years’ experience as Sound Designer for video games
- At least one shipped AAA release
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
- Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spread across multiple styles
- Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content
- Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…)
- Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting TeamWe collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Company: Phoenix Labs
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are looking for a talented Audio Lead to join our San Mateo studio and work on an original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As the Audio Lead, you will become the keystone developer for the audio discipline in the San Mateo studio. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team to establish the vision for audio in a new game, and build the disciplinary support to realize it.Responsibilities
- Work with the product director to create and implement audio assets across all aspects of the project.
- Help craft a unique and iconic audio aesthetic.
- Own technical implementation for audio assets across all aspects of the project.
- Work closely with other disciplines to reinforce and enhance game mechanics, modular content and artistic direction.
- Audio troubleshooting, bug identification, and fixing.
- Create unique and expressive creature vocalizations.
- Build and manage a team.
- Minimum 10+ years of sound design experience in the game industry.
- Must have shipped at least two high quality PC or console titles.
- Expert with Audiokinetic Wwise.
- Proven ability to craft innovative and creative audio assets.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of ownership and self-sufficiency with assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively and positively in an open feedback environment.
- Up-to-date on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint.
- Mastery of traditional and esoteric audio processing techniques.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine.
About Phoenix Labs
We make games because we love them, and because we love the way they bring people together.
When we established Phoenix Labs in 2014, it was with the hope of creating a place where diverse teams of people could come together to build deep multiplayer games. We've assembled an experienced, passionate team of developers across our studios in Vancouver, BC, Montréal, QC, San Mateo, CA, and Los Angeles, CA.
Our first game, Dauntless, launched in 2019, and was the first game ever to release with true crossplay and cross-progression. Since then, we've watched our community grow to 25 million players across four platforms. We're also backed by Garena, our long-time partner and one of the largest forces for gaming in Southeast Asia and emerging markets.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Disney Publishing
The GIE Audio Intern would support the Audio team and focus primarily on Games Licensing with additional opportunities to assist Interactive Experiences. This position would report directly Lead Audio Designer and would need some level of proficiency in audio engineering with a general understanding of digital audio workstations like ProTools.Responsibilities:
- Sound Librarian: Import assets, enter metadata and track new assets; pull asset requests for licensees and deliver assets to development partners; track requests.
- Project Tracking: keep project information up-to-date on project boards; track asset submissions and update links to files as they come in; track feedback notes on a per asset level for each project.
- VO Coordination: help the Lead Audio Designer with coordination as it pertains to VO production; script prep, studio prep prior to VO sessions.
- VO Editorial: post processing of audio files.
- Internal Asset Routing: assist in transmission of assets to different stakeholder within the company (Music Reviews, Sound Reviews, VO Reviews and Franchise Submissions)
- Experience with Excel.
- Aptitude/strength for organization and documentation tracking.
- Experience with the audio creation process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology.
- Experience managing asset flow with external vendors preferred but not necessary.
- Expertise with Field Recording Equipment and Capturing Sound Effects preferred but not necessary.
- A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience.
- Certificate in digital audio/game audio/audio production
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last eighteen (18) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduated (within 18 months) with a major or certificate in digital audio/game audio/audio production learning institution or related
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This internship is a REMOTE internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.