We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Shanghai, Wildlife Studios, The Coalition, and Sledgehammer Games – and they’re looking for a Freelance Mobile Audio Designer (Shanghai, China), Audio Director (Brazil / CA, US), Audio Software Engineer (BC, Canada), and Expert Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at Amazon (CA, US), Audio Programming Talent at Codemasters (England), Senior Audio Designer at Splash Damage (England), Interaction Sound Designer at Facebook (CA, US), Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Auditory Spatial Perception (PhD) at Facebook (WA, US), Senior Audio Programmer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), and Senior Technical Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US).
Company: Ubisoft Shanghai
Location: Shanghai, China
We are currently looking for experienced and motivated Audio Designer for mobile games. As the Audio Designer, your role will include Implementation of audio content (music, sound design, voiceover) into the game by using audio engines, game engines and tools.What you will do:
- Designing and implementing audio (gameplay sounds, ambiance, voices etc.) for a large variety of mobile games.
- Working closely with programmers, designers, and artists to collaborate at all stages of development.
- College degree in related field preferred
- At least 4 years of sound design experience with credits of a successful project(s)
- Solid skills in audio recording, processing and mixing (Pro Tools is essential to master)
- The capability of creating/editing soundtrack efficiently for video clips
- Competence in one or more instruments.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- A passion for creating and playing video games
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware application
- Familiarity with audio specifications of various game platforms
- Dialogue & Field Recording experience
- Musical proficiency
- Knowledgeable in the entertainment industry in terms of video games, movies, TV series, music
- Basic programming skill with C, C++
- Experienced skill with scripts (Python, Lua, etc.)
- Ability to implementation basic programming algorithm
- Familiarity with Max/MSP (or Csound, Pd, etc.) , knowledge about audio programming and software DSP
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”. Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling. By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment. If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai. Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Company: Wildlife Studios
Location: São Paulo, Brazil / Irvine, CA, US / San Francisco, CA, US
The Audio Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That’s no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.About the Role
The Audio Director is both a creative and technical leader at Wildlife Studios. This role is crucial to help build, mentor and guide a team of Sound Designers to create high quality sound assets into a wide range of top tier mobile titles.Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, manager or audio director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Inspirational: You have demonstrated ability to inspire creative teams that has led to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and manage department schedules that ensures proper workflow throughout the audio department.
- Adaptability: You have demonstrated an ability to manage a group of audio professionals in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Tonal Range: You have demonstrated an ability to work within a wide range of audio styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
- Pipeline: Solid understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, and localization techniques.
- Software Expertise: Experience using middleware solutions such as FMOD and WWise across multiple game titles.
- Audio Constraints: You will work closely with the engineering team to carry the audio integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Management: You will help handle a wide range of personnel items including career development, performance reviews and coaching.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Planner: You will help create and implement action plans for the department’s future success, emphasizing training and development.
- Team Building: You will work with Recruiting and Outsourcing teams to build staffing plans that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team.
- Collaboration: You will work with Product Managers and the Creative Leadership team to work on resource planning to help ensure we are able to deliver great game experiences to our players.
- Experience working as a leader and manager of creative teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.About Wildlife
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world’s most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
Company: The Coalition
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Coalition is a team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of audio enthusiasts striving for immersive, award winning audio in our titles. We would like someone with a great ear who can communicate sound ideas and translate them to audio systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.Responsibilities
- Works to empower the audio team with tools and pipelines to materialize their creative vision
- Works with various teams to gather requirements and develop audio features
- Works closely with core engine team to ensure runtime audio is performant
- Bsc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ in game or audio software
- 3+ years of experience with C# and/or scripting languages
- Strong math foundation with working knowledge of vector algebra
- Working knowledge of data structures, design patterns and algorithm complexity
- Ability to develop pipelines, tools and custom plugins as required
- Strong understanding of software and hardware concurrency
- Experience with CPU and memory profiling tools
- Experience with version control systems
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with engineers and artists
- Ability to problem solve independently in new and existing systems or technologies
- Keen interest in Audio strongly desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Company: Sledgehammer Games
Location: Foster City, CA, US
As an Expert Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games you will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry. The role of Expert Sound Designer requires that candidates demonstrate a high level of expertise in their craft of sound design. The ideal candidate will also be technically capable, having the ability to understand all audio systems within the game.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. Sledgehammer Games has state-of-the-art audio facilities and equipment, an industry leading audio team, and a studio culture that understands the importance of world class game audio. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Design sound effects for both interactive and linear sequences at a high level of quality.
- Take a hands-on approach to implementing game audio using advanced tools and scripting systems.
- Undertake large and high priority initiatives and be trusted to take them to completion.
- Help determine the Audio Team’s aesthetic and lead the way in setting the bar for quality.
- Contribute to the Audio Department pipelines and processes.
- Plan and execute large scale field recording sessions.
- Mentor other sound designers regularly.
- Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
- Minimum seven years of experience in game audio development.
- Shipped at least five major titles.
- Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
- Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
- Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
- Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
- Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.