We’ve spotted some interesting new audio opportunites for senior sound designers, a sound designer and a junior audio artist at places like Dovetail Games, Defiant Studios, Media Molecule and Naughty Dog.
Best of luck!
– Asbjoern and Zdravko
Company: Dovetail Games
Location: Kent, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, Dovetail Games is seeking to recruit a Junior Audio Artist. You will work alongside the Senior Audio Artist in order to deliver compelling audio experiences for our simulation products. You will work closely with the design, development and programming teams acting as a joint gatekeeper of quality, making sure that we achieve the high quality benchmark set for projects.
– Obtain appropriate source material for the creation of in-game audio across multiple simulations
– Set-up, edit, and implement audio using appropriate commercially available and in-house tools
– Assist in the creation of the audio project plan, estimating tasks and prioritising backlogs
– Follow planned timeline to complete audio projects across multiple simulations.
– Test and fix any problems found in the audio
– Maintain and enhance our library of sounds
What we look for in you:
– Games industry experience of sound design & implementation
– Excellent, proven track record on audio design and implementation
– Experience in audio recording in Studio, Foley or Environmental situations
– Understanding of the use of audio in simulation software
– Experience in sound editing and implementation
– Experience using the FSX game engine beneficial but not a requirement
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Company: Defiant Studios
Location: New York City, NY, US
Defiant Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Sound Designer to help take our games to the next level. As a Sound Designer you will work closely with department leads to create compelling and original audio experiences for all projects. We’re looking for someone who is excited about contributing from the ground up that can help shape and enable what we hear to bring emotion to our worlds and narrative.
– Mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of in-game sound effects, VO, and possibly music
– Creation of all forms of Sound Design (environmental/ambience, UI sounds, creatures, VO, animation, cinematic, etc)
– Recording VO or Scratch VO for marketing materials
– Assisting with the various out-of-house VO sessions
– 3-5 years game development experience focused on audio design
– 1 or more shipped game titles
– Significant experience with mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of sounds in a game development setting
– An strong understanding of the basic principles of good sound design
– A passion for sound design and making games
– Extensive knowledge of the current standards and trends of sound design in the game industry
– Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
– Expert knowledge of WWise, Unreal, and Pro Tools
Compositional ability is a plus
– Audio programming experience is a plus
To apply for this position, please provide a detailed Resume, Cover Letter, and a working link for your Portfolio. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York.
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK
We are looking for a senior sound designer to contribute towards creating our new user-created content project, Dreams.
– Along with your CV, you will need to provide a showreel of at least 1 minute 30 seconds showing in-game footage featuring your work.
– Have a proven track record of producing awesome sounds! They should have a nuanced and detailed understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
– Plenty of knowledge about sound recording. They should have experience recording all sorts of different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
– Experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems. Wwise, FMOD, unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but a high level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game is expected. The candidate should also demonstrate a working knowledge of an in-game scripting system. Experience with game logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
– You should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post!
– The candidate should have several years industry experience and have shipped several high quality titles.
This is a permanent position.
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
You are a gamer and a sound professional who has a unique passion for making worlds come alive. You are a self-starter who accepts challenges by applying creative problem solving techniques. You are a story teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You perform best when you are a part of a team that works and plays together in concert. You are driven to improve and better understand your craft, rarely finding solace in ‘good enough.’
– Imagine, create and deliver innovative sound design that enhances the narrative of our games
– Work closely with the Audio Lead to help shape our game’s audio vocabulary, style and standards
– Plan, script, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, complex aesthetic behaviors
– Work successfully within the established ND sound department model of teamwork throughout the development process and pipeline
Requirements & Skills:
– 5+ years game audio experience with at least one shipped AAA credit – additional experience in linear post-production is a major plus!
– Expert command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
– Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream, or similar authoring environment – a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus
– ADR and Foley experience – able to plan and supervise recording sessions if required
– Fielding Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
– Strong problem solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical
– Excellent communication skills – able to give and request assistance with problems and issues across the development team
– Great team attitude – open to collaboration, sharing and mentoring – you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test.