We came across interesting new jobs at Enemy Crab Games, Giants Software, Embody, and PitStop Productions – and they’re looking for a Technical Sound Designer (WA, US), Junior Sound Designer (Germany), Audio Developer (CA, US), and Technical Sound Designer (England).
We also found openings for an Audio Developer Intern at Embody, Game Audio Music Production Assistant Intern at PlayStation (CA, US), Senior Audio Software Engineer at Apogee Electronics (CA, US), Sound Designer at Emmis (CA, US), TTS Audio Engineer Intern at Amazon (Poland), Senior Sound Designer at Robotech (Recruiter in England), Software Developer – Audio at Motive (Canada), and Sound Designer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Head of Sound and Vision at The British Library (England), a full-time Game Audio Instructor at the Los Angeles Film School, Music Intern at Rare (England), and Sound Designer Intern at Rare (England). Happy job hunting!
Company: Enemy Crab Games
Location: Seattle, WA, US
We’re looking for a Technical Sound Designer to work on our upcoming tactical FPS Due Process. You’ll be responsible building gameplay audio, music systems, and designing high quality audio assets. This position is onsite and will require you to be local to Seattle.Primary Responsibilities:
- Design immersive and rich sound effects to engage player for many different systems and scenarios
- Define the audio vision of the game that prioritizes a player’s need to gather vital tactical information from audio
- Ownership for the integration of music and sound effects
- Implement and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality
- Ensure sound effects meet technical requirements of game including channel limits, memory management, etc
- 3+ years industry or related experience
- Ability to quickly and independently learn an established code base
- Background in Audio Engineering (Recording, Mixing, Mastering)
- Previous experience integrating audio in game engines (Unity)
- Experience with C, C++, C#, Lua or visual scripting languages
- Audio reel
- 1 or more published titles
- Strong grasp of 3D math and spatialized audio
- Understanding of procedural sound design concepts
- Field recording experience – passionate about unique and inspired recordings
- Flexible working hours with good work life balance
- Tight-knit team with highly collaborative work environment
- Influential role on a shipping title
Company: Giants Software
Location: Erlangen, Germany
We are looking for a motivated Junior Sound Engineer to support our team in Erlangen, Germany.Qualifications
What qualifications and skills do we expect from you?
- You have a degree in audio engineering or equivalent
- You are experienced in creatively producing sound effects for video games
- You are experienced in working with professional audio editing tools
- You possess good discipline in following a predefined process
- You have good communication skills in English and German (spoken & written)
- You have no problem to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high quality output
- You enjoy working in a team as well as independent
- You have a strong passion for video games
What would be a plus?
- You already have gained experience in the gaming industry
- You are experienced in field recording and field recording techniques
- You already have gained experience in vehicle audio recording
- You have a farming or technical background
What do we offer?
At GIANTS, you will be working in an exciting and fast-moving environment within the gaming industry. We offer flexible working hours and an attractive compensation, plus multiple perspectives for evolution in our young, successful and growing company. We care about the wellbeing of our employees by providing free drinks, fruits, snacks, coffee, gym membership as well as organizing regular team building events and entertainment activities.
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and a cover letter.
GIANTS Software is one of the most successful game developers in Europe, with offices in Zürich (Switzerland), Erlangen (Germany) and Brno (Czech Republic). It is well known for its “Farming Simulator” series, a worldwide best-selling game and real-time simulation, for many years.
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
Are you an experienced developer with a passion for gaming or music? In this hands-on SW development role, you will be working both at the low-level to high-level to deploy robust audio applications. Our culture is collaborative, and we thrive in learning from each other. The ideal candidate is passionate and detail-oriented with a positive attitude and a can-do spirit! If this resonates with you, we look forward to meeting you. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in software product development
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar experience
• Development of audio applications primarily using C and C++ as programming languages
• Audio-focused development and DSP, spatial audio a plus
• Development in the JUCE environment and UI Implementation
• Experience with game engine tool creation/deployment
• Integrating Quality Assurance, automated testing and DevOps into your workflow and applications
• Understanding of system level performance analysis and OS fundamentals
• Passion for gaming and/or music production
You will be working in an exciting open space startup, on-site full-time in San Mateo, CA. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company: PitStop Productions
Location: Barnsley, UK
PitStop Productions are looking for Technical Sound Designers to support the core team on a project-by-project basis. Responsibilities will span across all aspects of sound production, from the creation of sound effects and the preparation of in-game assets, to designing and implementing interactive sound systems. You will be encouraged to demonstrate creativity, initiative and ownership within these areas, as well as demonstrate a strong sensibility for both aesthetic and technical requirements for any given project.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sound designer to be involved in the creation of sound assets and implementation for AAA titles, within a dedicated team where creative opinions are encouraged.Responsibilities
- Create and implement a wide range of high quality sound effects, from concept through to final iteration, for any game scenario
- Problem solve and devise creative solutions to the complex challenges which can arise within interactive audio
- Utilise an awareness of how sound design functions within the given media
- Mix and balance sound effects with other audio elements such as music and voice.
- Methodically describe technical behaviour and problems when communicating with code/design/animation teams
- Confidence and clear ability to communicate and work with other members of the studio – knowing when to follow direction and when/how to suggest alternatives.
- Demonstrate a proven reliability with time management and an understanding of the importance of meeting self-set and externally set targets
- Liaise effectively with the team to ensure a workable balance between creative demands and time management
- Take responsibility for own personal development – whether via books, other team members, electronic media etc. Show development in work and awareness of the importance of quality and schedules
Required experience and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of using industry standard DAWs and audio editing tools such as: Logic Pro, REAPER, Pro Tools etc…
- Experience with commercial and/or proprietary game engines and audio tools such as: UE4 and Wwise.
- Demonstrable experience creating and implementing a diverse range of sound effects that fit the tone and purpose of the experience
- Good experience with linear audio, such as trailers, short movies, etc…
- Strong ability in using audio plugins creatively
- Studio and field recording experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a positive team attitude
- Efficient organisational and time management skills
- Ability to track and manage a large number of assets
- BS/BSc degree in audio production/sound design or equivalent experience
- Decent proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
Please note: while an understanding of music is important to us, this position will not involve any composition work.How to apply:
Please apply via Indeed, or via email with your CV and covering letter, detailing why you would be suitable for this role.
We also need to hear a show reel, this should be:
- Short video showcasing; examples of audio implementation using Wwise, amazing sound design that fit the visuals, a mix of in-game and linear audio examples, good mixing skills, enthusiasm for interesting implementation ideas
- Contextual descriptions of what you did for each example
- No music, unless you are showcasing real-time music systems
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Sound Design for video games: 1 year (Required)
- implementation of sound in videogame engines: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Barnsley, South Yorkshire (Preferred)
- Driving (Preferred)