Company: Sucker Punch
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Sucker Punch seeks a sonically striking Senior Sound Designer!
Are you a creative sound designer with a penchant to think outside any and all boxes when cultivating new sounds? Do you enjoy getting your fingernails dirty in Wwise or even scripting languages? Are you a self-motivated individual who takes initiative, communicates well, and loves what you do? Do you want to join a great team making a great game AND have fun doing it?
If you answered yes to all those questions, we may be a match made in that giant classified ad called life. Sucker Punch is on the lookout for a AAA Senior Sound Designer with outstanding design chops and (ideally) some technical know-how. If you have the qualifications and the drive, please send us a note including a little about yourself, a current resume, and a description of your favorite sound toy you’ve ever owned.
• Design and implement original sound effects within a production schedule timeline
• Field and studio recording for aforementioned sound effects and our in-house sfx library
• Interface with teams cross-studio to ensure features and content are addressed
• Respond to direction from the Audio Director on audio aesthetics and sound design feedback
• Help improve internal tools, process and communication. We can ALWAYS be better, right?
• 5+ years experience in video game sound design
• Professional understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods
• Adult level responsibility (trust us, you’d be surprised)
• Superlative communication and organization skills
• Wwise experience
• Scripting experience or desire to learn
• Passable sense of humor
Location: Westminster, Colorado, USA
They say 50% of your experience is sound… that’s why we need you! As a sound designer, you are responsible for creating the sound palette that will drive the dramatic cut scenes in our latest interactive video game.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of sound recording techniques and audio production tools with a passion for using sound to tell stories.
• Work with directors and leads to completely understand the audio needs of each scene in the game.
• Find, gather, record, sweeten, and organize a large library of unique and reusable audio assets.
• Work with the cinematics team to deliver scenes with compelling and motivated audio.
• Record Foley and VO.
• Work with programmers to refine and enhance toolset.
• Ability to take direction and implement feedback.
• Balance quality and efficiency while working under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrable work in TV, feature film or narrative games.
• Experience recording, sweetening, and mixing beautiful sound.
• Experience finding and collecting sounds from libraries.
• Demonstrable use of sound to tell a story.
• Attention to artistic, creative, and technical details.
• Game experience and/or Unity knowledge a plus.
• Must have a passion for telling stories and crafting games.
• This is a full-time position in our Westminster, CO studio.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Email resume and portfolio/reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Final candidates will be required to take a cinematic test.
Company: Sumo Digital
Location: Sheffield, UK
Sumo Digital is one of the UK’s most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 230 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio will be opened in early 2016 (location soon to be revealed!) with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2016 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
We are seeking a talented Audio Designer with a passion for creating world class audio content to join the team on an unannounced AAA console title. This is an incredible opportunity to join our dedicated audio team to produce outstanding audio on one of our most exciting projects yet. You’ll be working alongside enthusiastic designers creating and implementing original SFX using our in house library and field recordings as well as helping to source and record new material.
This is a fixed term role for 12-18 months based in-house at our Sheffield studio. Contractor/freelance proposals would be considered but would have to be in-house rather than remote.
Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware.
Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
Work closely with our talented Audio Team to deliver AAA audio for our games.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 2 shipped AAA titles
Good knowledge of field and studio recording
Demonstrable sound design knowledge
Working experience with current gen console development/production
Ability to work to tight deadlines.
An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
Experienced Nuendo user
Experience working in sound to picture.
Comfortable running dialogue sessions
Demonstrated skill with Multichannel sound design
Familiarity with Foley recording
Experience with applying musical knowledge to the design and implementation interactive music systems
Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendry annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight – staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces – all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Company: DLP Media Group
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
DLP Media Group is founded by 8-time Emmy Award winning Executive Producer and media executive, Michael Hughes. The Peabody and Clio Award winning content group’s credits include “Pony Excess” part of ESPN’s “30 for 30” series which premiered as the highest rated documentary in the history of the network. In addition to television work developed, produced and sold to ESPN, FOX, A&E, NFL NETWORK, VH-1, SYFY, NAT GEO among others, DLP has also produced groundbreaking branded content for GATORADE, UNDER ARMOUR, BUICK, CALLAWAY, LEVIS, SCHICK and AT&T.
Dedicated to high-end, visually compelling, premium content creation and production, DLP brings a “sports mentality” to unscripted male programming. Driven by story and supported by cutting-edge visuals, we tell human stories with all the drama, elation, comedy and despair that make us who we are.
(note: The job is scheduled to start August 31st, but the position may still be available)