We’ve come across a bunch of interesting audio jobs – from Ubisoft, Giants Software, Sledgehammer Games, Kingisle Entertainment, GREE, and Amazon. They’re look for everything from an Audio Director, Lead Audio Designers, Associate Audio Designer to a Sound Designer. Good luck!
– Zdravko and Asbjoern
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Plan, distribute and supervise project audio work whilst ensuring that the team works well together and resolving any issues that could hinder the team’s attainment of production objectives.
– Set out the sound design with the core team in the project design phase;
– Realise the impact of the targets set by project managers in terms of workload and resources when designing the scope and deliverables or processing project changes and implement problem-solving strategies for the team whenever necessary;
– Organise and coordinate the activities and resources required as part of the production process at all project phases;
– Challenge team members whenever necessary to ensure that all technical decisions are sound and based on facts;
– Provide visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables (planned and actual deliverables) and implement solutions to avoid gaps;
– Understand the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision) to direct/coach the team;
– Approve/ensure the approval of the work carried out by team members at the end of each project phase (iterative process);
– Mobilise the work team by regularly gauging team morale, determining the root causes of issues and implementing relevant solutions;
– Coach employees on how to carry out their work to foster their development by helping to determine development activities (training, COOP, etc.) that meet the needs of the team and team members;
– Implement or optimise work methods and processes for the team that are adapted to project needs;
– Communicate general project information to update members on the progress of the game and other working units and ensure that relevant information is relayed to the immediate supervisor;
– Carry out performance assessments throughout the year and the annual performance assessments of team members and determine and manage personal shortcomings and conflicts;
– Select team members in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Manager and the immediate supervisor (read resumes, interview applicants and test external and internal applicants);
– Ensure that team has the support required (MD, hardware, TD, documents, tools) to ensure that members are able to work effectively;
– Support collaboration and knowledge sharing within the team and with teams from other projects;
– Carry out all other related task.
Skills and Knowledge
– Knowledge of project management;
– Knowledge of the other game production working units;
– Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
– Excellent knowledge of Pro Tools, Sound Forge and MIDI;
– Excellent musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
– Knowledge of current engines an asset.
– Leadership skills;
– Ability to delegate;
– Time and priority management skills;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
– Sense of initiative.
– Substantial working experience in audio for video games or other relevant experience;
– Bachelor’s degree in music, audio or post production or other relevant training;
– Must have delivered over three games, including at least one on a next-gen console
Salary: Competitive + Relocation.
Opening date: 2nd December 2016
Closing date: 1st January 2017.
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
Company: Giants Software
Location: Erlangen, Germany
At least 3-5 years experience in audio engineering
– Experience creatively producing sound effects and ambient sounds for video games
– Experience working with professional audio tools
– Knowledge of audio and studio equipment, field recording and SFX libraries
– Good discipline in following a predefined process
– Good German and English skills (spoken & written)
– Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high quality output
– Willingness to work in a team as well as self-directed
– A strong passion for video games
– Game industry experience preferred
– Farming or technical background
Company: Sledgehammer Games
Location: Foster City, CA
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game Sound Designer, Associate level to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interactive and linear sound effects design.
• Real-time audio scripting.
• Audio asset implementation.
• Mixing & mastering.
• Field recording.
• Dialog processing.
• Music editing.
• Audio tools & run-time systems design collaboration.
• Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
• Minimum two to three years of experience in game audio development.
• Shipped at least two major titles.
• Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
• Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
• Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
• Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
• Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional organization skills.
Nice to haves:
• FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
• Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred
Company: KingsIsle Entertainment
Location: Austin, TX
KingsIsle Entertainment is currently looking for a Sound Designer to work on exciting new family-focused video games for mobile and tablet devices. We are the creators of the popular and critically acclaimed Wizard101 and Pirate101, which together have garnered over 50 Million registered players to date. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing and highly successful game company.
– Create, implement, and manage various types of sound effects
– Edit, process, manage, and implement dialog
– Ability to work individually and collectively with an experienced team of sound designers in a creative and fast paced environment
– Associate’s Degree in a related field
– 3+ years experience as a Sound Designer in the game industry
– Firm understanding audio design principles and processing techniques
– Working knowledge of a Digital Audio Workstation such as Reaper or Pro Tools
– Creative and inventive with the use source material
– Good communication and problem solving skills
– Able to learn, iterate, and be flexible
– Ability to contribute to and work within schedules that are assigned
– Experience in creating magical, combat, vocal, and environmental sound effects
– Experience working in a game editor
– Mobile device/MMO/console game experience
– Orchestral composition and arrangement skills
– Experience with dialog editing and field recording
– Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
– Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
– Salary will be commensurate with experience
– Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered
– Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
– This job is located in Austin, Texas
Location: San Francisco, CA
GREE International Entertainment currently has a great opportunity for an Audio Director to join our Melbourne studio. The Audio Director will focus on defining and improving the audio experience of new games across an expanding scope of features, while helping the audio team achieve its full potential as a department and individuals.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in audio creation; implementation and defining the technical needs of an audio engine. The ability to effectively articulate the goals and value of audio both within the department and across the company is essential. Technical skills aside, you’ll need top-notch communication skills, a strong work ethic, an extremely positive attitude and a passion to push the boundaries of video game audio with player value in mind.
– Create and execute an organizational plan for the audio of a project
– Work with the team to define an effective audio style and execution for the project
– Engage and manage vendors, budgets and schedules with external resources
– Be the advocate for the audio department and ensure it has all the necessary resources to create a AAA experience
– Define and advocate for the audio tech needed to create the best possible experience for players
– Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience in the game across a growing spectrum of features
– Define department goals and articulate those goals on a studio-wide level
– Proven track record as a leader in the field of audio for video games
– Experience as a lead or director with proven leadership results
– Demonstrated experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, middleware implementation and audio system tech
– Experience and knowledge to communicate effectively across disciplines and departments
– A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
About GREE International Entertainment
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International Entertainment was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as DragonSoul, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City.
You’ll be joining a small and powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We’ve built a culture which is laid-back and fun whilst being passionate and high performing. We’re all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we’re the ones playing alongside you.
Location: Irvine, CA
Amazon is all in on games.
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Games Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. The Breakaway team is looking for an Audio Director to provide industry-leading vision and direction for the game’s audio and music. You will mentor and grow the audio team and raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio in Breakaway. You will be an acknowledged expert in all areas of sound and music, including audio direction, music supervision, sound effects, ambience, sound implementation and voice over production.
· Develop and build a world class audio department
· Provide strong vision and direction for the audio in the game
· Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
· Build relationships and supervise external sound designers and composers
· Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
· Build and influence a strong audio community throughout Amazon Game Studios
· 10+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
· Shipped 2+ games as an audio lead or director
· Proven ability to lead and grow a world class audio team
· Experience with the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology
· Experience managing vendors and setting up budgets and schedules with outside resources
· A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
· Past experience providing technical direction for the audio team
· Expertise with Wwise
· Multi player experience a plus
· Scripting experience in Lua and XML
· Experience with Lumberyard game engine
· Experience interacting with and responding to the feedback of a large and passionate community of players
· Experience improving and optimizing proprietary pipelines and integration processes