Company: Sledgehammer Games
Location: Foster City, CA
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game Sound Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interactive and linear sound effects design.
• Real-time audio scripting.
• Audio asset implementation.
• Mixing & mastering.
• Field recording.
• Dialog processing.
• Music editing.
• Audio tools & run-time systems design collaboration.
• Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
• Minimum three to five years of experience in game audio development.
• Shipped at least two major titles.
• Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
• Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
• Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
• Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
• Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional organization skills.
Nice to haves:
• FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
• Experience with Radiant game development software a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred
Company: Avalanche Studios
Location: New York, NY
Avalanche Studios is currently looking for a Technical Sound Designer with solid sound designer skills to work on the development of a AAA title in NYC. The main focus and majority of time will be spent creating, implementing and optimizing audio assets as well as helping to design new systems for our game’s audio engine. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to deliver compelling sound design for an original IP. You will work with the Sound Designer and Audio Programmer to provide larger than life sounding effects for an open world sandbox environment. While the title implies a solid grasp on the technical end of sound design, the ideal candidate will have the creative skills, ability and desire to create audio content when needed.
– 2+ years Sound Designer or Technical Sound designer experience
– Sound Designer or Technical Sound Designer experience on at least one shipped title
– Solid grasp of DAW topologies (Pro Tools, Reaper, Cubendo, etc) with an expertise in at least one DAW
– Knowledge of basic principles of sound design (EQ, frequency based texture layering, dynamic control, etc)
– Experience with current middleware audio engines (Wwise, Fmod Studio, Unreal, etc) with expertise in at least one
– Ability to interpret and edit XML files
– Some experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint, Kismet, Max/MSP, PlayMaker
– Familiarity with Fmod Studio
– Experience with scripting languages such as C++ or Python
– Knowledge of Fmod Studio
– Experience with voice production and dialog editing
– Experience with procedural audio
– Experience with spatialized audio (Ambisonics, Atmos, etc)
Company: Reload Studios
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reload Studios is seeking an exceptional Audio programmer to join our team. The right candidate will be passionate about working with and helping to implement 3D audio for virtual reality. You should be well versed in existing audio systems as well as the Unreal engine and C++ programming language.
· Interface with Audio designer to assit in the implementation and integration of assets.
· Provide debugging support for audio related issues.
· Technical problem solving.
· Integrating 3D audio for VR experiences
· Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
· Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
· C++ programming knowledge
· Experience using Unreal Game Engine.
· Familiarity working in a large code base
· Shipped console game experience a plus
· Portfolio of game-related projects that you have coded for.
· 18 years of age or older.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
Please send your resume and portfolio and to: jobs[at]reload-studios.com.
Reload Studios is an independent game studio developing content for emerging virtual reality and existing video game platforms.