We came across interesting jobs at Amazon Game Studios OC, Microsoft MR Studio, and Epic Games – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Senior Technical Audio Designer, and Audio Engine QA Analyst.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Apprentice Sound Technician at the Royal Shakespeare Company, Senior Sound Designer at Telltale Games, and Sound Artist at Digihood Media. Happy job hunting!
Company: Amazon Games Studios
Location: Orange County, CA, USA
Amazon is all in on games.
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us at Amazon Games Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, Lumberyard and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories, improves gameplay and directly influences deep emotional engagement. The New World team is looking for a Sr. Sound Designer to drive the realistic audio content of the game. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of New World’s soundscape. You won’t be afraid of breaking the rules or making bold choices. You already are an acknowledged expert in all areas of sound recording and editing. You understand the choices when mixing sound effects, dialogue and music in real-time. You’re a passionate all-around problem solver and embrace designing new game audio systems that can scale with large player content.
· Provide strong vision and direction for the audio in the game
· Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
· Build relationships and supervise external sound designers and composers
· Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
· 5+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
· Shipped 1+ games as an audio lead or Sr. Sound Designer
· Experience with the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, 3D implementation, scripting and audio technology
· Expertise with Wwise
· Scripting experience in LUA and XML
· Past experience providing technical direction for the audio team
· Expertise with field recording equipment and capturing sound effects and voices
· A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
· Experience with game engines like Lumberyard, Unreal or Unity
· Experience interacting with and responding to the feedback of a large and passionate community of players
· Experience improving and optimizing proprietary pipelines and integration processes
· Multi player experience a plus
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Are you looking to be join an exciting team on one of the most promising new businesses for Microsoft? Do you want to define the future of ambient computing, virtual reality, augmented reality, and everywhere in-between?
The Mixed Reality Studio, an organization inside the company’s new Experiences & Devices Group, is poised to craft future emergent computing paradigms. If you’re looking to be part of the next evolution of computing, we need you! Our team is looking for a passionate Senior Technical Audio Designer, well-versed in audio capture, processing and spatial formats, to join our dynamic, tightly-knit team as a key contributor.
We are looking for an experienced technical audio designer to help build new products and define new computing paradigms that will empower people and augment human ability. Our team uses deep customer research, observation, and understanding paired with design thinking to concept, prototype, build, and ship products that use the power of audio and spatial understanding.
As Senior Technical Audio Designer, you will work closely with designers, scientists and developers in a highly collaborative studio to build services and experiences that enable customers to use our Mixed-Reality technologies to extend listening capabilities, invent new personal and shared interaction models, and heighten spatial awareness with ambient computing devices on the Intelligent Edge. You will be customer-obsessed, flexible, and represent user needs while aligning with business priorities.
Our team thrives on collaboration, self-direction, and efficiency. Our work demands a real passion for the design process and comfort with rapid, low-fi execution of ideas. You will work alongside a team of designers and engineers to drive vision into process and process into product.
• Understand customer needs, product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused, intuitive solutions
• Collaborate on interaction explorations and prototypes to establish and drive product-wide concepts, brand feel, and product value propositions
• Utilize your expert knowledge of audio capture technologies and hardware to rapidly prototype
• Use your understanding of audio to identify new business opportunities
• Document and evangelize your designs across key partner teams
• Build services that deliver high value to our users
• Integrate and provide feedback to other disciplines on the team
• Work closely and iteratively with developers to ensure design accuracy and consistency
• Bring your passion for innovation and creative exploration each and every single day
• Real passion for invention, human computer interaction, and seamless user experiences with a deep understanding of designing audio systems
• Expert mic technique, field recording and signal processing knowledge
• Strong understanding of spatial audio formats and conventions (ambisonic, binaural, etc.), beam-forming and acoustics
• Hands-on experience constructing hardware prototypes
• Proficient in Unity for rapid prototyping
• Some knowledge of auditory displays and sonification of data
• You have a BA or advanced degree, preferably in acoustic or mechanical engineering
• 5+ years as a professional technical audio designer or equivalent experience
• Strong brainstorming skills, from participation to leadership
• The ability to research and reduce complex concepts to understandable, actionable tasks
• Confident presenting and promoting design solutions
• Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers
Please submit portfolio with resume
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks:
• Industry leading healthcare
• Savings and investments
• Giving programs
• Educational resources
• Maternity and paternity leave
• Opportunities to network and connect
• Discounts on products and services
• Generous time away
Company: Epic Games
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a QA Analyst for our Unreal Engine Audio Development team. The person in this role will be self-motivated, looking to learn and improve, and ready to make a huge impact!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Creating test strategies and test cases for new features or hardware as they come online
• Maintaining and improving existing test cases for Unreal Engine
• Mitigating risk of release by communicating issues and concerns with leads
• Proactively pointing out areas of improvement or concern
• Collaborating with Developers, Production and other QA members of the team to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
• Setting a good example of testing standards
• Identifying issues; performing root cause analysis to track the issue and work with development for resolutions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
• Experience with both digital and analog audio signal flows as well as troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience working with Desktop Platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Experience working with Mobile Platforms (Android, iOS)
• Experience working with Consoles Platforms (PS4, Switch, XboxOne)
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Understanding of QA Methodologies, tools, and best practices
• Ability to write effective and efficient test cases based on complex systems and features
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs, and issues to both technical and non-technical staff
• Familiarity with CI, Automation, Revision Control, and scripting languages
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic.