We came across interesting new jobs at Apple (CA, US), CCP Games (UK), Hidden Path (WA, US), and Epic Games (NC, US) – and they’re looking for Technical Audio Designers, a Lead Audio Designer, and an Audio Designer.
We also found openings for an Audio Director at Sumo Sheffield (UK), Temporary Tools Engineer at Treyarch (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer, Senior Technical Sound Designer, Senior Audio Programmer and Technical Sound Designer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Audio Editor at The New York Times (NY, US), Lead Sound Designer at Riot Games, and Sound Designer at Bally Technologies (NV, US).
The Hey Audio Student group also found opportunities for an eSports Production Manager at Amazon (CA, US), Post Production Audio Engineer at WGBH (MA, US), and Production Intern at WNYC (NY, US), and Social Media/Audio Production Intern at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (DC, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Cupertino, CA, US
We are looking for a Technical Audio Designer to help prototype and define new audio UI/UX paradigms and experiences. You will work closely with the audio software, experience prototyping, and retail teams to guide the future of Apple’s audio technology and experiences. You should have a background in sound design for interactive experiences using spatial audio
- Collaborating with Apple design and retail teams on new audio technology explorations
- Design and implement unique and compelling sound assets for the interactive experiences
- Define UX for new first party applications
- Mentor audio team members
- Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs
- You have strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills
- Experience integrating sound assets with audio engines such as AVAudioEngine, FMOD, or WWise
- Experience using game engines such as RealityKit, Unity, or Unreal
- Experience coding in a language such as Swift, Objective-C, C# and/or C++
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the following strongly preferred:
- Sound design for games or art installations
- Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc
- Experience w/ MaxMSP, PureData, or other audio prototyping environments
Apple’s advanced spatial audio technology is a cornerstone of our augmented reality frameworks; it is at the core of any compelling user experience. You will have the opportunity to build software that directly impacts how customers use our products. We work closely with Apple’s human interface design team and our internal audio software teams to define and develop the next generation of audio experiences and applications
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be researching and developing entirely new apps and experiences, a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. You’ll need a keen understanding of the state of the art in interactive 3D audio applications and an ambition to discover what the future holds in this space
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD – audio related field
Company: CCP Games
Location: London, UK
CCP Games is looking for a Lead Sound Designer to join our central audio team. The team operates as an in-house agency delivering creative and technical audio production for all projects of the Company.
While you will be part of an agile team, this role primarily focuses on leading, overseeing the production and delivering an outstanding audio experience to raise the quality bar of a new and highly ambitious MMO being developed by our London studio.
Beside extremely solid game audio production and implementation skills, you should have strong teamwork, organisation and communication skills. Proven experience of responsibility for scoping, sourcing, as well as managing internal and external audio professionals is essential.
- Oversee all aspects of audio production, creating and maintaining the highest quality standards for audio on our games
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and capability to execute on audio design goals set by our Audio Director
- Hands on creating, recording, editing, implementing, mixing, and optimising of audio in-game
- Identify discipline dependencies and define critical paths for the project
- Anticipate risks, providing contingency solutions and timelines
- Able to advocate for audio and promote knowledge sharing to other teams
- 5 years of experience in a game audio position
- Credited on at least 1 published title as an Audio Lead
- At least 2 PC or Console titles shipped
- Excellent sound design, editing, implementation and mixing expertise
- Proficient with linear audio production and mixing techniques (stereo and surround mediums)
- Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, DAWs (e.g. Protools, Reaper, Cubase)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated, proactive & well organized, excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple features and tasks
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious project with great coworkers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free lunches, drinks and snacks
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental benefits
- Annual Transportation grant
- Annual Sports grant
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. Since then, CCP has dedicated itself to the development of cutting edge games. CCP is founded on the principle of pushing the envelope and breaking new ground on all levels. Nowhere is this more evident than in our pioneering work in virtual reality, which we think will play an increasingly important role in gaming, and beyond, in the years to come. At CCP we see games as virtual realities. They are about creating experiences unattainable in any other form of media. A virtual reality is about true human interaction and true human emotions in a living and evolving world.
CCP encourages respect, dialog, interaction and cooperation between its employees and players on a deeper level than is common at other game companies. Through this, CCP improves the quality of its products and creates an inspiring and challenging environment for talent to thrive.
Home to the CCP Leadership Team, London, the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom, is the location of CCP’s newest office, which opened in summer 2016. London is one of the world’s most vibrant cities, with something to offer for everyone, including first-class arts, culture, and entertainment. It is also one of the world’s top investment destinations, a world leader in technology readiness, and its 43 universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe.
CCP is dedicated to create and maintain a culture of equality.
Company: Hidden Path Entertainment
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
You will be responsible for establishing the audio pipeline and implementing interactive audio playback in Unreal Engine 4. Working with the audio director, you will design and implement audio environments as well as the systems that manage and prioritize audio playback. This role reports to the Studio Audio Director.
In addition, you will be responsible for researching and recommending new technologies or approaches that push the studio’s quality bar forward.
Hidden Path is an inclusive, collaborative environment. You will be working with animators, designers, engineers, and other disciplines from all walks of life who have a variety of different perspectives. Being able to navigate and thrive in this kind of environment will be key to your success.
- Have experience using Unreal Engine 4 on a shipped project
- Have experience with industry standard DAWs and audio manipulation tools
- Know how to work with external vendors to source sound effects, dialogue, and music
- Have a good ear for creating 3-dimensional audio environments
- Have the technical ability to implement your vision
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strongly cultivated soft skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Audiokinetic Wwise
- Familiarity with audio localization best practices
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and pipelines
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms
- Passion for RPGs and/or action games
Company: Epic Games
Location: Cary, NC, US
We are currently looking for an Audio Designer to join the team in Cary, North Carolina. The ideal candidate will help to raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences. The Audio Designer will work as part of the Fortnite audio team to push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development.
- Create and implement audio assets for various key Fortnite assets at a high quality.
- Coordinate with game and design teams to solve problems and create amazing audio.
- Work with UE4 blueprints and data assets to hook up and test audio assets.
- Evaluate audio mix and implementation of audio assets in-game and adjust according to needs.
- Help with linear trailer or promo video sound edit and mix.
- Manage and prioritize assigned tasks, with a focus on achieving goals on schedule.
- Use of field recording and broad library knowledge in sound design.
- Creation of emote music.
- Experience designing, editing, mixing, mastering and implementing content for interactive and linear media.
- Firm grasp of audio engineering fundamentals for studio and field recording.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors.
- Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into game build.
- Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
- Experience of minimum 5 years as part of an audio team and having shipped at least two AAA titles.
- Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude.
- Positive, solution-oriented and independent approach to work.
*Please include a 3-5 minute video file with diverse footage from games you have worked on as well as a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage with your application.
This is going to be Epic!