We came across interesting new jobs at Avalanche Liverpool, Digital Extremes, Insomniac Games, and Survios – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (UK), Sound Designer (ON, Canada), Technical Audio Designer (CA, US), and Technical Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Designer at Avalanche Stockholm (Sweden), Senior Software Engineer at Twitch Music (CA, US), Game Audio Designer at Tencent (Sichuan, China), Sound Designer at Tango Gameworks (Japan), Sound Mixer at Gameloft (QC, Canada), Sound Designer at Derivco Estonia (Estonia), Audio Software Engineer – User Experience at Apple (CA, US), and iPhone Acoustic Integration Engineer at Apple (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also features new opportunities throughout the week, so be sure to check it out. Happy job hunting!
Company: Avalanche Liverpool
Location: Liverpool, England
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for an Audio Designer to work with an unannounced title.
As a member of the audio team, you will enjoy working with many and varied parts of implementation and design, through our editors and scripting languages, as well as middleware solutions and standard audio editors. The Avalanche audio pipeline is design driven, so you will enjoy great freedom in your designs as you implement these designs all the way into the game.
As a Sound Designer you will be part of a tight and highly motivated team that strives to create the best sound experiences possible in games. In addition to the various members of the audio department you will get to work side by side with game developers of all disciplines (e.g., UI, vehicles, weapons, etc) in order to help them realize the sound of their designs.
Qualified candidates must have a passion for audio, a feel for music and a solid grasp of theoretical concepts such as sonic perspective, layered textures and abstract vs. concrete sound design as well as more tangible concepts such as gain structure, and basic digital audio principals.
- Designing sounds
- Implementation of sounds into the game
- Dialog editing
- Music editing
- Minimum of 3 years working as a sound designer in the games industry (film industry experience appreciated) with at least one shipped AAA title
- Great understanding of sound implementation and design, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- Ability to take direction for sound design
- Good grasp of leading audio design tools
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to edit and navigate within XML and Python scripts
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams
- Field recording experience
- Understanding of new loudness standards
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.Our Values
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Company: Digital Extremes
Location: London, ON, Canada
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, A.I., weapons, U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events
- Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
- Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Sound Forge, etc.)
- Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in the game
- Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in the game
- Find and fix audio related bugs
- Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
- Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Passion for world-class audio
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, CA, US
Insomniac Games is looking for an audio designer with strong technical skills and Wwise proficiency to create, edit, and implement game-ready audio of the highest quality for AAA projects. They’ll work closely with the audio, design and development teams. They’ll maintain a high level of quality and consistency of assets throughout development.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Utilizes technical skills to make sure sound effects meet technical requirements of game including voice channel limits, memory management, prioritization, etc.
- Proactively works with the development team to identify and develop strategies for implementing sound effects that yield highest quality results in the game.
- Investigates sound effect issues at an intermediate level to debug, fix and make sure sounds play correctly in the game.
- Adept at pre-mixing all sound effects implemented into the game and contributes to assisting with final sound design mix of game.
- Ability to perform intermediate scripting using visual scripting systems.
- Conceptualizes and creates unique sound effects at an intermediate level of proficiency that match the style and tone for their intended use.
- Communicates ideas and technical details clearly with other teams/departments working in disciplines other than audio.
- Communicates progress toward goals on a regular basis with audio directors, audio leads and project managers.
- Provides assistance with audio schedule creation and forecasting.
- Contributes to defining the tone of audio for style guide documentation for projects.
- Attends multi-discipline meetings as a representative for the audio department where the focus is on a specific area/mission of the game.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or AAA computer/video game product development experience.
- Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Proficient with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge) and various audio plug-ins.
- Shipped game experience with Wwise is a must.
- Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats.
- Thoroughly understands the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time-based effects as well as audio synthesis.
If this is the opportunity that you have been looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please click the Apply button above to submit your application. Thanks!
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Survios , the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, has an opening for a talented Technical Sound Designer to join our amazing audio team!
As a Technical Sound Designer your primary responsibility will be to bridge the gap between the audio content creation teams and the engineering and design teams.Responsibilities:
- Implement in-game audio assets, including sound effects, music, and voiceover
- Identify areas where the implementation pipeline can be optimized or improved
- Assist with establishing and enforcing best practices for audio outside of the core audio department
- Spec, create, and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality
- Be an advocate for audio to non-audio teams and partner with them to find the best possible audio solutions to challenges
- Collaborate with sound designers and composers to create unique and innovative audio behaviors in the virtual reality realm
- 3+ years minimum experience in a Technical Sound Designer role is required
- A deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4, and experience with Blueprints is required
- Can multitask and handle several tasks or projects simultaneously
- A basic level of sound design knowledge such as how to record, edit, and mix sound effects
- A basic level of interactive music composition knowledge such as appropriate use of stems, transitions, stingers, and how to drive those with game data
- C, C++, and UnrealScript experience
- Familiar with audio middleware solutions such as Wwise
- Enjoy spending time in virtual reality
- Familiarity with 3D spatialized audio
- Degree in either Music Technology, Audio Engineering, Programming, or some type of equivalent experience
NOTE: This is not a Composer or Music Producer position. Please do not apply if you do not meet the “required qualifications” listed above.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.