We came across interesting new jobs at Avalanche Studios Group (Sweden), Fuero Games (Poland), CCP (England), and Reliance Games (MA, India) – and they’re looking for Sound Designers.
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Tripwire Interactive LLC (GA, US), Sound Designer at CD PROJEKT RED (Poland), Audio Designer at Techland (Poland), Junior Designer at Penguin Random House (NY, US), Sound Engineer at Circus Smirkus (VT, US), Music Manager / Sound Designer at VIVANT (France), Audio Producer at Corkyy / Vox Media (NY, US), Carpenter / Sound Designer at Washington Pavilion (SD, US) and Associate Producer at New York Public Radio (NY, US).
Company: Avalanche Studios Group
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Avalanche Studios Group is looking for an Audio Designer to our Expansive Worlds division. As a member of the audio team, you will enjoy working with many and varied parts of implementation and design, through our editors and scripting languages, as well as middle ware solutions and standard audio editors. The Avalanche audio pipeline is design driven, so you will enjoy great freedom in your designs as you implement these designs all the way into the game.
As a Sound Designer you will be part of a tight and highly motivated team that strives to create the best sound experiences possible in games. In addition to the various members of the audio department you will get to work side by side with game developers of all disciplines (e.g., UI, vehicles, weapons, etc) in order to help them realize the sound of their designs.
Qualified candidates must have a passion for audio, a feel for music and a solid grasp of theoretical concepts such as sonic perspective, layered textures and abstract vs. concrete sound design as well as more tangible concepts such as gain structure, and basic digital audio principals.
- Designing sounds
- Implementation of sounds into the game
- Dialog editing
- Music editing
- Minimum of 3 years working as a sound designer in the games industry (film industry experience appreciated) with at least one shipped AAA title
- Great understanding of sound implementation and design, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- Ability to take direction for sound design
- Good grasp of FMOD (Designer or Studio)
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to edit and navigate within XML and Python scripts
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams
- Field recording experience
- Understanding of new loudness standards
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Malmö office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Company: Fuero Games
Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Creating sound effects for games.
- To implant sound assets into the game engine.
- Active cooperation with other people in the team to ensure a coherent project vision.
- Passion for games and their audio.
- Experience in creating sound effects supported by a diverse portfolio.
- Experience in game sounding and sound implementation in the Unity engine.
- Good knowledge of Wwise or Fmod tools.
- Good knowledge of the operation of sound processing programs (Reaper, Protools).
- Creativity, the ability to go beyond the usual patterns.
- Independence in performing the entrusted tasks, and at the same time good cooperation with the team.
- Work in an experienced , passionate and dedicated team.
- A positive working atmosphere .
- A competitive salary package based on the experience.
- Educational possibilities for career improvement.
- Flexible working hours (core hours).
- Medical health package.
- Convenient location near the metro station or remote work.
- Free English lessons.
- Monday breakfast for recovering energy after the weekend.
- Animal-friendly office.
Location: London, UK
CCP Games is looking for a Sound Designer to join our team in London building a new and highly ambitious action MMO. We are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
You will be responsible for leading the audio vision and implementation for our project, providing an outstanding audio experience to raise the quality bar of the overall experience on the project.
Beside extremely solid game audio production and implementation skills, you should have strong teamwork, organization and communication skills.Your tasks:
- Oversee all aspects of audio production, creating and maintaining the highest quality standards for audio on our games
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and capability to execute on audio design goals
- Hands on creating, recording, editing, implementing, mixing, and optimizing of audio in-game
- Anticipate risks, providing contingency solutions and timelines
- Able to advocate for audio and promote knowledge sharing to other teams
- 5 years of experience in a game audio position
- Credited on at least 1 published title as a Sound Desiger
- Excellent sound design, editing, implementation and mixing expertise
- Proficient with linear audio production and mixing techniques (stereo and surround mediums)
- Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, DAWs (e.g. Protools, Reaper, Cubase)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated, proactive & well organized, excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple features and tasks
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious project with great coworkers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free lunches, drinks and snacks
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental benefits
- Annual Transportation grant
- Annual Sports grant
Company: Reliance Games
Location: Pune, MA, India
- Experience using Unity.
- Experience with Foley recording, audio editing, audio mixing using DAW such as Cubase / Logic / Reaper.
- Manage voice recording & editing and sourcing voice artist.
- Design and implement original audio content or license production library.
- Use existing proprietary tools to put audio assets into game.
- Work with art and design teams to determine audio needs.
- Work with programming team on improvements to audio asset pipeline.
- Testing, debugging and assuring audio quality in all audio for given projects.
- Managing existing database of audio assets and audio optimization.
- Linear sound design and audio mixing for marketing videos, used for promotion and social media.
- Create both interactive & linear sound design that will drive the experience of the game.
- Candidate should have excellent knowledge of Sound Designing for Multimedia applications.
- Background in broader Audio Engineering aspects (Recording, Mixing & Mastering).
- Music Technology related degree or relevant work experience.
- Self-disciplined and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to provide sound effects and music pieces with innovative thinking and making best use of music library.
- Ability to create suitable sound effects and maintain a library.
- Ability to think creatively and quickly to provide synchronized sound effects for Cartoons and Games.
- Team players who can work with various teams and make best use of time.
- Ability to create commercial music an added plus point.
- The candidate should not only be good at sound design and engineering – he should be able to read and interpret a brief and come up with the appropriate music. It would be ideal if he has composed music for the interactive medium or for games.
- Experience in creating magical, combat, vocal, sci-fi, and environmental sound effects.
- He must be an experienced gamer.
- Video demo reel showcasing game sound design abilities.