We came across interesting jobs at Beenox, Blizzard Shanghai, Sinful Monarchy, and Rockstar North – and they’re looking for an Audio Integrator, Associate Audio Specialist, Music and Sound Engineer, and Audio Tools Programmer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lead Sound Designer at Hypixel, a Senior Audio Designer at Zynga, and a Sound Designer at Avalanche Studios. There are also other Audio Tools Programmer job openings at Rockstar New England and Rockstar India. Happy job hunting!
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world’s top game developers. The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty video game franchise. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we’re part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it’s easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage. You could say that video games are in our blood!
• Develop audio integration tools with the help of an audio programmer;
• Test the tools and validate their functionality;
• Integrate the ambiance zones and the audio occlusion environments;
• Assign different «triggers» in the audio entertainment and scripted events
• Integrate music and voices;
• Prepare the audio environment for the sound designers;
• Regularly test the audio integration and be responsible for assigning audio problems to the correct people
• Minimum of one (1) video game project completed as sound designer or audio integrator;
• Ability to work under the technical constraints of developing video games;
• Excellent organization skills;
• Capacity to work with structure, rigor and meticulousness;
• Good artistic skills and critical audio thinking;
• Ability to communicate with other members of your team;
• Capacity to adapt to internal tools and a changing environment;
• Knowledge of 3D Studio Max is considered a plus;
• Knowledge of audio integration software is considered a plus;
• Passion for video games.
Company: Blizzard Shanghai
Location: Shangai, China
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented localization audio visual specialist to supervise the creation and timely delivery of technical and artistic audio visual assets. This person will supervise both the performance and style during recordings, and the post-production for Simplified Chinese audio visual assets. Native level Chinese language skills, capacity to effectively communicate in English and professional experience with voice over (VO) recording are required for the position.
• On time delivery of excellent quality localized multimedia assets, both technically and artistically.
• Participate in the selection and evaluation of external partners, best practices, and tools.
• Collaborate closely with all global internal and external audio-visual stakeholders across all projects.
• Responsible for the casting of actors.
• Supervise the recording of VO assets and act as the contact point for product related questions.
• Supervise or perform technical and language checks, and editing of audio visual assets.
• Work experience managing the recording of interactive localized VO or with related game audio technology
• Native level Simplified Chinese language skills and capacity to communicate in English in a clear, concise, professional and effective manner
• Drive to improve quality and efficiency through creative, practical, and collaborative solutions
• Able to help achieve artistic goals through technology approaches
• Experience with multi-projects work
• Good knowledge of Chinese dubbing business practices and key stakeholders
• Able to teamwork in a proactive and positive manner to achieve shared objectives
• Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
• Experience working in multicultural environments
• Experience in voice acting, post processing and audio, graphics or video editing software
Company: Sinful Monarchy
Audio Artist will be responsible for creating realistic sounds and effects to be used in Unreal Engine 4. Artistic and technical skills should service the team and will drive new initiatives to give a distinct signature to the project. Artist will develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with the production team and will strive to deliver the best game experience for the players.
• Experience in creating audio for video games
• Experience in voice recording, and making sound effects
• Understanding requirements for video games
• Should provide 15 second examples of your work
• Knowledge of Audio Softwares such as Sound Forge, Audacity, Adobe Audition
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4, or other game engine experience, After Effects and Premiere
• Appreciation and the desire to develop skills for various visual styles
• Capacity to collaborate with a team to elaborate and iterate on the game mechanics
• Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
• Solid knowledge of the production process and pipeline
• Highly motivated, pro-active, with a solid work ethic and positive attitude
• Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
• Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
• This is a commission based position in which work is conducted remotely. You will need provide you own computer and software. The percentage of comission is dependent on meeting task and milestone deadlines with high quality work.
• Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio.
• Job Type: Commission
• Music Composition: 1 year
• Sound Effects: 1 year
Company: Rockstar North
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Rockstar North is seeking a motivated C# Programmer to join our audio technology team, supporting and further developing our world class audio tool suite. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the audio team, developing innovative user interfaces that enhance creative workflows, and supporting the tools used to implement the sound and music in all Rockstar Games projects. Successful applicants should have professional C# development experience and a passion for delivering great user experiences.
• Develop and maintain in-house audio toolset.
• Maintain awareness of relevant technologies and modern UI best practise, and drive their adoption within the toolset.
• Balance meeting short-term user needs with long-term development of the audio tool suite; identify opportunities to optimise user workflows.
• A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong .NET/C# and WPF skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a mixed-discipline team.
• Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
• An interest in games and interactive sound/music.
• Familiarity with commercial audio content creation software.
• Experience of intuitive user interface design and implementation for complex data.
• Knowledge of audio synthesis and DSP.