We came across interesting new jobs at Blackbird, Sega and EA – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Audio Programmer and Voice Editor.
We also found openings for a Technical Sound Designer (contract) at Facebook/Oculus, Senior Sound Effect Artist at Outfit7 (Spain); Audio Development Support (KA, India) and Dialogue Development Assistant (NY, US) at Rockstar; Composer’s Assistant at Blizzard (CA, US); Lead Audio Designer (SH, China), Senior Audio Tools Programmer (France) and Audio Programmer (Singapore) at Ubisoft; Audio Programmer at Codemasters (UK); and Senior Audio Artist (FL, US) at EA.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer, Sr. Technical Sound Designer, and 2 Sr. Audio Programmers at Sony (CA, US), Trailer Re-recording Mixer at Empty Sea Audio (CA, US) – this one is still open -, Associate Sound Designer at Blizzard (CA, US), and Sound Content QA Engineer at ROLI London. Happy job hunting!
Company: Blackbird Interactive
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented Sound Designer to join our team. We are deeply passionate about audio, in every way. From sound effects, to speech, to music, we love how such a small piece of the overall work can have such a huge impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
- Sound design and implementation of project audio assets.
- Working with audio lead to establish creative and technical goals.
- Submitting final audio files on or before the required deadlines.
- Quality control review for the projects audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms.
- Inspire and support team members, accept personal responsibility for the project deliverables.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up, and be on time.
- Experience as a sound designer on at least two projects.
- Strong sound design skills.
- Strong cinematic audio post skills.
- Experience using Wwise/FMOD.Completely comfortable with modern audio gear, software, and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
- Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good creative and technical thinker.
- Works well as part of a team.
- 5+ years of proven gameplay development; multiple shipped products.
- Interest in science fiction settings and stories.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products /media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.).
- Unity 3D/Unreal: Knowledge of asset management and basic architecture for importing audio assets
At Blackbird, we’re all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO’s garage, and even though we’re expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it’s important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we’ve demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development–whether it’s lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don’t expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC. Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Company: Sega Europe
Location: Paris, France
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for an Audio Programmer to produce efficient and effective Audio solutions. You will be working in collaboration with our Senior Sound Designer to develop code aspects of the audio systems in our new game. You will develop software and support our new game audio as project needs arise.
Required experience & skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Excellent C# ability, Unity understanding
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience of using audio middleware would be an advantage
- Strong interest in audio
- Fully fluent in English
- An experience with third party audio middleware such as Wwise would be a welcome bonus
Location: Redwood Shores, CA, US
The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is seeking a Voice Editor to join the Audio team and help ship an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4. The ideal candidate should have experience delivering final quality audio either from a brief or starting with placeholder sounds in software. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within technical limitations to deliver quality audio are essential. It’s also important that the candidate understands the role of audio in video games; and can create final content to best effect the player experience.
- Must have voice editing experience and have expertise in relevant software packages, such as Logic Audio, Sound Forge, and ProTools.
- Experience with all aspects of voice direction for game production, with proficiencies in voice direction of top professional actors and game implementation pipelines.Proficiency with standard audio tools (DAW, Editing, plugins, etc) and studio tools (microphone, compressors, etc).
- Proficiency with PC and Mac platforms, and comfort with custom tools.
- Experience with Game Production and Design
- A committed ear for the user experience of Voice Performance in detail
- An open mind, willing to challenge conventional wisdom and find creative solutions to our unique problems
- An eye towards innovating audio tech and tools for voice
- You can shift quickly and flexibly from multiple projects and roles
- You are someone who can thrive and grow in a dynamic environment and bring enthusiasm to those around you
Nice to have:
- Max/Msp skills
- Sound design capabilities
- A fan of Maxis titles and what we bring to players
- Music performance skills, vocals in particular
Term: July 8th – October 11th