We came across interesting new jobs at Clean Cuts, Starbreeze, Cryptic Studios, and Sounding Sweet – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (DC, US), Audio Programmer (Sweden), Audio Software Engineer (CA, US), and Experienced Audio Designer (England).
We also found openings for an Audio Director at Ubisoft Québec (QC, Canada), Audio Project Manager, Audio Director, Audio Programmer, Audio Designer and Lead Audio Designer at Ubisoft Blue Byte (Germany), Audio Engineer at Tonstudios Z AG (Switzerland), and Senior Sound Designer at Red Games Co (UT, US). Happy job hunting!
Company: Clean Cuts
Location: Washington DC, US
Clean Cuts Interactive is seeking a Sound Designer with a passion for creative sound design and expert asset implementation. This is a full time staff position that will play a major role in an upcoming unannounced title. Being able to work onsite at our Washington, DC Facility is preferred but remote applicants will be considered.
We are a team of passionate audio specialists that are driven to create outstanding , audio in a collaborative environment that prides ourselves in our creative and technical expertise. Clean Cuts Interactive has been a trusted creative partner providing the highest level of audio and client services. We work on a variety of linear and interactive mediums including video games and trailers.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Design and create and master sound assets in both an interactive and linear format
- Implement and mix in a variety of systems such as Wwise, Unreal, Fmod Record, edit, process and Master Voice Over
- 2+ years working in the game audio or relevant audio experience
- Great sound design aesthetic with the ability to execute on a variety of different styles and platforms
- Expertise with Pro Tools
- Experience with audio middleware
- Experience with perforce, game engines
- Strong knowledge of audio recording practices and fundamentals (EQ, Compression, etc)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact daily and in person with clients
- A passion to excel and exceed goals
- Excellent written, documentation, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to solve technical and creative challenges
- Enjoys and excels in a collaborative, positive team atmoshpere
- Ability to handle multiple projects or task simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Post-Production Audio (TV,Film)
- Music Composition
- Field Recording
Absolutely no calls please
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Are you passionate about making great games and delivering immersive player experiences? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for an Audio Engineer to join our team in Stockholm, Sweden and liaison within our team in France.
As Audio Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering, audio and design disciplines to strategize, define and develop audio solutions which push creativity in the delivery of unforgettable gameplay within the Payday franchise.
You will be involved at every stage of the process, from early inception through to implementation. This is truly a once in a career opportunity!
- Build and maintain cutting-edge audio technology to deliver immersive gameplay experiences;
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for AAA game development (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, and so on);
- Collaborate to develop solutions which allow audio designers to realize their artistic & aural goals;
- Act as a liaison for audio design, advocating for engine and technology solutions that advance audio, across all products;
- Establish best-practices for technical audio workflows and ensure their application across the studio;
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines.
- At least 3 years of game industry experience, preferably with 2+ years in similar role;
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. C++, C#, Lua, etc.);
- Exceptional knowledge of Wwise integration and strong competence with Unreal Blueprints;
- Strong understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and digital signal processing;
- Passionate about the player experience and committed to a cross-discipline and playtest-driven development environment;
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Multiplayer shooter combat and gameplay design experience;
- Experience developing networked game architectures on multiple platforms (Windows, PS4, Xbox One);
- Ability to think logically and break down complex problems, with a strong focus on the details.
- As fanatical about ambiance and soundscapes as you are about the tools and technology used in their creation.
Good…because here’s the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Then we can’t wait to see your CV and portfolio and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and cover letter to be considered.
Company: Cryptic Studios
Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
**Every day you could be**
* Working closely with sound designers and game designers to realize their vision for the audio-scape of Cryptic’s games.
* Evaluating, integrating, and utilizing top tier third party audio engines and add-ons for our games.
* Working on the latest generation of consoles, and taking advantage of advanced audio capabilities.
* Upgrading the music and voice-over workflows for the sound and game designers.
**What we need to see**
* A passion for working in the Audio space and a care for customer experience.
* The ability to clearly and concisely communicate both in writing and verbally.
* Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
* Ability to take a large existing code base to understand its inner workings and make improvements.
* Ability to work with engineers and project managers from other organizations.
* A love for video games and a passion for delivering great work.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
**What we’d like to see**
* 2+ years of experience with game audio software engineering.
* Experience with audio middleware, preferably FMOD and/or WWise.
* Deep knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.).
* Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
* Experience with music and adaptive music systems.
* Passion for gaming / MMO games
Cryptic’s software engineers work almost exclusively in a high performance, cross-platform C/C++ code base. In addition to problem solving skills, this job requires a high degree of proficiency with pointers and memory management and the interview process will test for these skills. Java and C# are not utilized in this job.
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
* Work from home while the COVID-19 pandemic prevents us working in the office
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Company: Sounding Sweet
Location: Bearly, UK
Sounding Sweet is an independent recording and audio production company that specialises in the production of sound for video games. Our studios are located just outside Stratford Upon Avon and we are looking for an Experienced Audio Designer to join our in-house team (working onsite in Stratford upon Avon only)
- Excellent sound design skills!
- Very experienced in the use of Audiokinetic Wwise, Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Expertise in tracklaying sound effects to videos, Foley recording, dialogue editing and mixing.
- Comprehesive knowledge of the most common audio production software packages – Pro Tools Ultimate, Reaper, Nuendo………
- Location and field recording proficiency using professional equipment such as Sound Devices Recorders, DPA microphones, Ambient Timecode and Audio Ltd. wireless systems.
- Familiar with ADR and dialogue recording, using ISDN, Source Connect and Pro Tools.
- Surround sound mixing and mastering experience using Pro Tools HDX with MTRX, Dante and Dolby Atmos hardware desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience working in a technical audio post-production or game audio design role, having significantly contributed to delivering the audio for at least two AAA game titles or feature films.
- Excellent attention to detail!
A self-starter, proactive, strong communicator, conscientious, team player, hardworking, friendly!
Your application should include:
A cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you would be a good fit for the team as well as link to your sound design showreel and CV.
Please note, this is NOT a music production role.