We came across interesting new jobs at Creative Assembly, Massive, ustwo and Saber Interactive – and they’re looking for a Lead Sound Designer, Lead Voice Designer, Sound Designer and Junior Sound Engineer.
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Amazon (CA, US), Sound Designer at BYJU’S (KA, India), Sound Designer at Alarby Television Network (England), Sound Designer at Neal Analytics (WA, US), Senior Sound Designer at WildBrain (England), Senior Sound Designer at Boston University (MA, US), and Senior Sound Designer at FoxNext (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Programmer at Hazelight (Sweden), Audio Assistant at Zealot (NY, US), PhD Sound and DSP Expert at University of York (England), Sound Designer at DR Studios (England), Audio Designer at Zynga (India), Senior Audio Engineer/Audio Engineer at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Singapore), and Junior Dubbing Mixer at Viacom (England). Happy job hunting!
Company: Creative Assembly/Sega
Location: Horsham, Australia
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join the highly accomplished, multi award-winning Total War audio department as a Lead Sound Designer. In this role, you will lead and oversee the sound design efforts across varied exciting projects, working with our audio director and team of sound designers, technicians and programmers to deliver an outstanding audio experience for the Total War titles developed in-house at the studio.
This exciting new role will see you leading a team of sound designers to achieve excellence with their productions. You will communicate and assist in implementing the audio direction while overseeing and taking responsibility for the scoping, resourcing, mentoring and output of your team. You will be involved in a wide range of activities above and beyond asset production, supporting the Audio Director with new strategies, content and technical specifications, reviews of your direct reports, planning and scheduling your teams work across assigned project.You will Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software and liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure all aspects of your teams’ content is fully tested.
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
- Experience in a leadership role as a sound designer in a games development team/studio
- Ability to work pragmatically and multi-task projects; be able to plan and schedule sound design efforts while remaining quality focused adhering to deadlines.
- Pro-active problem solver, highly organised and solution focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to relay approach and project direction to the team
- Experience in leading and mentoring sound designers, providing feedback and allowing for career progression
- High level of technical standards with the ability to plan and deliver whole systems while being quick to master new in-house tools and software for integrating/mixing content
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
- Excellent showreel demonstrating excellence and creativity with sound design
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level
- Comfortable programming software or hardware synthesizers
- Professional location and studio-based sound effects recording experience and are comfortable planning the same
- Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards
- Possess a full valid driving licence
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
We are Creative Assembly. We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Company: Massive Games/Ubisoft
Location: Malmö, Sweden
We are looking for a passionate Lead Voice Designer to spearhead and contribute to the development of the voice team. This is a strongly interdepartmental position where you will be working closely with the audio, narrative, cinematic and game design teams, to ensure that the feature and content designs are aligned with the voice content generated.
You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive, authentic worlds Massive is known for, by bringing your own thoughts to the table as well as supporting growth and passion within your team. As our new Lead Voice Designer you will support the team with structure and planning as well as take the lead on strategic decisions regarding how to push voice realization and production forward.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Prioritizing and managing the team’s day-to-day tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications. Balancing your workload and the team’s workload to reach the best results within the given time frames
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality.
- Ensuring that the voice quality / levels meet the requirements set by the audio director
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e. having reoccurring performance feedback sessions as well as salary reviews
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Organizing voice recordings in collaboration with production and third-party providers, according to the project schedule, for voice and performance capture session.
- Knowledge of the pipeline and suggestions for improvement
- As required depending on the project needs, support the voice design team with their day to day tasks such as, but not limited to, integration of assets, voice and dialogue in the game in Snowdrop, post production, database management, localization and debugging to ensure a high bar of final product quality
You as a person
As a lead you are well organized, like being on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, a task that you find inspiring. You hold a passion for interactive voice, and always know when and how to suggest improvements that will drive the overall quality of the game upwards. As we’re a team who highly appreciates a collaborative environment, you should thrive when giving and receiving constructive feedback, as well as enjoy sharing your experience and contributing to the general development of the audio team through your expertise and advice.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 2+ years experience managing and leading a team (with official HR responsibility)
- 2+ years experience working with voice-over related tasks for AAA games, ideally with one AAA title shipped
- College diploma in audio technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with post-production i.e processing voices for cleanup, special effects and loudness standards
- Experience with recording voice talent and voice direction
- Knowledge of audio processing & software (Reaper, PT, Izotope RX etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of performance capture shoots
- Knowledge of Wwise audio-middleware
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below?
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: London, UK
We’re on the lookout for a sound designer to join us for a two week stint to help us get the initial audio going for the vertical slice of our new game.
We’d ideally like you to be London based, to be able to come into the studio and work closely with the team. We understand there may be some remote work for producing/recording new sounds.
We’d like you to have:
• Professional experience producing high quality dynamic sound environments for games
• A sound library of and experience creating ambient audio for natural world environments
• Experience in sound recording, editing and mixing
• Knowledge and use of these specific sound implementation systems Wwise (essential) and Unity (beneficial)
• Source control experience would be preferable
• Access to professional-level studio facilities and field recording equipment
We will need someone to continue working with us to produce the audio for this game so there is the possibility of an extension for this contract.
Company: Saber Interactive
Location: Madrid, Spain
We’re looking for a Sound Engineer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Junior Sound Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our development teams by adding, controlling and updating sound notifications as needed to ensure that sounds are played at the correct moment and create an immersive experience. You’ll work directly with the Lead Sound Engineer on the quality of the sound effects in the game and ensuring that everything is triggered at the correct time stamp and stays updated, even when an animation changes.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
- Experience in sound design and implementation (with at least 1 game published)
- Knowledge of audio implementation in Unreal Engine
- Fluent management of sound editors, plugins and other tools necessary in the day-to-day production of audio
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Bachelor of Science in Music or Sound production
- Knowledge in mixing and multichannel configurations for videogames
- Experience with audio engines (Wwise, Fmod)
- Fluent in the use of version control software such as Perforce
- Implementation of sounds into the game with the specified editor, for example, Unreal Engine 4
- Adding, controlling and tuning sound notifiers in animation montages, animations, game triggers, etc.
- Monitoring the audio quality and that it fulfills the set standards during the different phases of the development
- QA support for the audio integration
- Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
- Salary based on experience
- Permanent, full-time contract
- On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
- A good and young work environment
- Flexible working hours
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skillsets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high quality experiences that rival the best in the industry.
Saber specializes in applying our proprietary cross-platform game engines to original IPs, as well as executing on a broad array of design, production, and management services – including Oculus and other VR platform development support. We are a trusted partners of Microsoft on one of the world’s biggest IPs – Halo, and of id and Bethesda on the iconic Quake franchise. We have cultivated a long history of fruitful relationships with many other industry leaders like Ubisoft, BANDAI NAMCO, Konami, Sierra Entertainment, and Atlus.