We came across interesting new jobs at Deck 13 (Germany), Bend Studio (OR, US), CD Projekt RED (Poland), and HTC (WA, US) – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Senior Sound Designer, Audio Programmer, and Sound Designer Intern.
We also found openings for a Dubbing Mixer at ITN Productions, Junior Sound Designer at Digital Extremes, Audio Designer at Rebellion, Audio Designer at Rockstar North, Audio Designer at Frontier Developments (UK), Game Audio Coordinator at Tencent (CA, US), Audio Developer at Schell Games (PA, US), Audio C# Programmer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Audio Designer at Insomniac Games (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Sony Santa Monica (CA, US), Podcast Producer/Sound Designer at Tortoise Media (UK), Sound Designer/Producer at NBCUniversal (NY, US), and Sound Designer at Scientific Games (NV, US).
Company: Deck 13
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Start date: immediately
- An audio enthusiast, especially in the realm of game development and SFX
- Self-managing and self-motivated — you are able to produce high-quality work with minimal supervision
- A team player — you know that a great end product requires cooperation and trust between many individual contributors
- An adaptable problem solver — you are able to rapidly change direction when priorities shift, proactively seeking solutions and staying focused on the most relevant project goals
- Become a full member of our sound design team
- Organize and manage the sound department
- Create sound design concepts to fully realize an acoustic environment that reinforces the intended game experience
- Create sound assets for all aspects of our games (characters, combat, ambient, UI, cinematics, etc.)
- Create concepts for dynamic music and work closely with external musicians
- Implement sound assets via FMOD Studio and our in-house game editor FledgEd
- Work closely in an international and interdisciplinary team, with members of different departments
- Develop new audio based functionalities together with the tech team
- Shipped at least one title on console or PC
- Professional experience with Presonus Studio One or a similar DAW
- Professional experience in Sound Design for games
- Can provide a showreel or a sample of your work
- Preferred: Experience with managing audio production schedules
- Preferred: Degree in digital media or sound studies
Company: Bend Studio
Location: Bend, OR, US
Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our passionate team.
Following the success of Days Gone, we are seeking a Senior Sound Designer to join our in-house sound team as we raise the bar even higher and create world-class audio content for 1st party product development projects. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry and on exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
You will bring passion to the role of Senior Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and development teams, creating sonically rich, high-quality AAA audio. Your primary focus will be on sound design, systems and implementation.
- Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive game narrative.
- Implementation and authoring of interactive, real-time sound using middleware and scripting tools to bring soundscapes to life.
- Recording real-world sounds, creating and editing new sound effects using various recording techniques, professional audio editing tools, hardware and props.
- Collaborating with in-house and off-site sound teams and programmers.
- Sound Design and mixing of cinematic content in multiple formats and specifications.
- At least one shipped AAA title.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years as a Sound Designer for video games.
- Proficiency in at least one DAW (ProTools, Reaper, Nuendo, Cubase)
- Understanding emotion and tension in storytelling, and be able to tell a story through sound.
- Imaginative and creative use of audio production tools, foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content.
- Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques.
- Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools.
- Ability to create world-class audio content spread across multiple styles and genres.
- Solid understanding of recording techniques, microphone placement and having the ability to direct talent.
- Familiarity with authoring techniques within middleware (Wwise or FMOD, etc.)
- A grasp of logic and simple scripting methods for interactive audio implementation within a game engine (Unity, Unreal or proprietary engines).
- Experience working with other departments (Animation, engineering, AI, UI etc.) and understanding their workflow.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience designing sounds and sound systems for weapons, vehicles, physics, and weather.
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Company: CD Projekt Red
Location: Warsaw, Poland
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a skilled Senior Audio Programmer to join our award-winning Warsaw studio. In this position you will work with our ambitious audio team to craft new systems and technologies which push the boundaries of what is possible for sound in games. As a Senior Audio Programmer at CD PROJEKT RED you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and highly creative environment and have a direct impact on the sound and development of critically acclaimed AAA video games. If you can see yourself taking on cutting-edge audio challenges and defining the frontier of audio in games: join us!
- Designing and developing novel audio systems for the Red Engine such as acoustic simulation, localisation and dialogue, and audio AI.
- Maintaining and improving existing systems to ensure performance and functionality.
- Supporting the sound designers in implementing audio.
- Co-ordinating with many departments to facilitate and promote audio integration in other areas of the game.
- 3+ years coding experience in the industry.
- Passionate about game development and Interested the potential for audio in games.
- Strong teamwork skills and a desire to work closely with the sound designers.
- Ability to comprehend unfamiliar code and work across many systems in the code base.
- Skilled in C++ and designing code systems.
- Shipped at least one high profile title.
- Experience on consoles.
Nice to have
- Experience with game audio, acoustics, dsp, AI, designing tools, processing geometry.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies..
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
Location: Seattle, WA, US
HTC Creative Labs is a product design, prototyping and incubation studio that provides design strategy for all of HTC and collaborates directly with teams in Taipei and San Francisco to bring new designs to market. This team is responsible for much of HTC’s most significant product and experience design work over the past decade. Our current focus is on creating next generation XR software and hardware experiences for the HTC VIVE brand. We are a small, cross-functional team of designers, artists, developers, and researchers with the feel of a startup. Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented individuals to create products that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target audiences.
HTC Creative Labs needs a driven entry-level sound designer with a sensitive ear and a solid foundation in any area of sound practice. In this role you will have the opportunity to gain experience and build connections in VR, one of the fastest-growing areas of sound design today. Sound is an indispensable part of creating emotionally resonant experiences in any medium, and as our sound design intern, you will work with a senior sound designer to make sure everything Creative Labs produces meets the high expectations of our customers.
You are confident in your body of work and comfortable learning new concepts. Your studio discipline is impeccable, yet your output is anything but formulaic. You think laterally about production problems and produce world-class audio under tight deadlines.
- Create new sound effect assets according to a creative brief and the Vive brand language.
- Edit and process sounds from libraries, recordings, and synthesizers/samplers into VR-ready SFX.
- Work with an international team to realize high-visibility consumer software.
- 1-2 years’ experience in live, theatrical, game, musical, or post-production sound design.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (theatre, film, fine art/art history, liberal arts, sound design, etc.), Bachelor of Music, or equivalent professional/personal experience.
- Strong command of signal flow for both digital audio workstations and analog studio applications.
- Good ear for rhythmic and dramatic phrasing inside of a single sound effect or sequence.
- Knowledge of creative signal processing, loudness standards, and basic spatial audio.
- Working knowledge of microphones and live sound/field recording.
- Engagement in local art, sound, or music is a plus.
- Familiarity with sound design in Unity is helpful but not required.
An online portfolio or reel of prior sound design work is required for consideration.