We came across interesting new jobs at Digital Extremes, Magic Leap, Splash Damage, and PlayStation – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Audio Producer, Audio Production Tester, and Contract Dialog Coordinator.
We also found openings at Ubisoft for a Lead Audio Designer (Spain), Sound Designer (Pune, India), and Sound Designer (Sweden). There are also positions for an Audio Designer at PlayStation (CA, US), Associate Composer/Sound Designer at Scientific Games (IA, US), Sr. Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games (CA, US), Audio Creative at Output (CA, US), Live Concert Audio Engineer at The Live Experience (NY, US), and Audio Designer at Vicarious Visions (NY, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Associate Composer at Hexany Audio (CA, US), Audio Designer at Epic Games (NC, US), Audio UX Lead at Magic Leap (FL, US), and Lecturer in Audio/Lighting Engineering the University of Derby (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: Digital Extremes
Location: London, ON, Canada
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game. This includes sound design for levels, AI, weapons, UI, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events
- Self-starter and comfortable working directly with the Audio Director and other Senior Sound Designers
- Able to take ownership of assigned tasks and bring new ideas to the table
- Excellent audio mixing skills
- Thorough understanding of how to implement audio in non-linear formats to captivate players
- Record Foley and gather field recordings for use in our game
- Record, design, and edit voices and voice overs for use in our games
- Find and fix audio related bugs
- Maintain a familiarity with basic lua scripting
- Maintain an appropriate game audio mix at all times, on all platforms (PC, PS4, Nintendo, Xbox One)
- Thrive in a small-knit team of passionate audio professionals
- Passion for world-class audio
- Maintain audio program skill set with regards to current industry standards (Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.)
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
- Above average ability to create sound design for a state of the art next-gen game engine
- At least 4 years’ experience in an audio related field
- At least 2 years’ experience directly in video games
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in both Mac and PC environments
Headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada and founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent development studios in the interactive entertainment industry. With a development history spanning two decades, Digital Extremes has brought some of gaming’s most recognizable titles to players worldwide. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations — and continuing with such hits as Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3 and the multi-player campaign of BioShock 2. Soon after, Digital Extremes earned critical acclaim for the development of first-person shooter, The Darkness® II, based on the comic book series of the same name and the use of its proprietary technology, the Evolution Engine™.
Moving forward, Digital Extremes’ latest venture has been in the free-to-play market, with the release of their homegrown self-published IP, Warframe ®. This is a co-operative third person shooter video game, and possibly the most successful title in the studio’s 26 year history. Under constant development, this game is available to play on Steam, PC, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One worldwide. Warframe is an ongoing title that updates frequently, and provides new content and features based largely on player & community feedback. Digital Extremes prides itself on providing a warm, inviting, creative work environment for its team and has recently been named one of ‘Canada’s Top 100 Employers’ for the 9th year in a row. Competitive salaries, profit sharing, retirement matching, ample vacation and free daily homemade lunches are just a few of the many perks our employees enjoy. But all these perks aren’t worth much if you’re not working on exciting ambitious projects that get your creative juices flowing and that’s where DE shines. So, join us in London, Ontario, the family-friendly Forest City and land of impressively affordable living to be a part of a passionate, devoted team of developing ninjas. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit the company website at www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Plantation, FL, US
Magic Leap Studios seeks a Producer to lead the day-to-day management of audio content for various interactive projects. This Producer works in the trenches with the Audio Director, audio designers, programmers, vendors, and various other stakeholders, defining the project and how best to bring audio to life in Mixed Reality. You will be accountable for successful delivery, ensuring quality, and making the right decisions for the team, the product, and end users.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years in Production with at least 1 shipped interactive software project with a full development cycle from concept through completion. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with other team leads and team members. You will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of industry veterans who are toiling hard to create something amazing and world-changing.
This individual is passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing, and is ready and eager for the challenges involved in creating world-class experiences that fulfill the potential of Magic Leap’s groundbreaking technology.
- Oversee the audio development pipeline in all phases of development for multiple projects at a time across ML Studios and the company at large
- Collaborate and facilitate communication with the Audio Director and other audio discipline leads
- Ensure alignment on scope, schedule, dependencies, and deliverables and set the team up for success
- Balance multiple projects in fast-paced environment while maintaining an extremely high quality of work
- Facilitate world-class quality of deliverables, and negotiate the trade-offs necessary to do so while maintaining a schedule and accountability
- Report on project status & health to senior leadership, identify blockers and challenges and drive paths to resolution
- Provide administrative support to the audio team, help establish and maintain processes, assist in budget planning
- Maintain relationships with contractors and vendors
- Partner with the Audio Director to rally the audio department, mediate conflict and drive for excellence
- 3-5 years of experience in Production for interactive software projects
- At least 1 shipped multi-disciplinary interactive software project with a full development cycle from concept through completion
- Working knowledge of modern game engines and interactive audio production pipelines, including various roles, tools, and techniques
- Expert knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools and methodologies
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum development framework, able to implement and adapt to meet the needs of individual projects
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience with client management
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, G-Suite or similar tools
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with an audio department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Management or similar /or relevant industry experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Company: Splash Damage
Location: Bromley, UK
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We are seeking an enthusiast and passionate Audio Production Tester with a keen ear for Sound Design, Music & Dialogue in games.
- Basic knowledge of Wwise – why we use it, how to navigate the software and what the tool does
- Experience with video capture software and editing tools such as Premiere Pro
- Excellent critical listening skills
- The ability to identify technical and quality issues with audio in the game.
- Knowledge of DAWs including Reaper.
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal 4.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to keep to deadlines.
- Experience communicating within a team environment.
- The ability to share feedback in a constructive way.
- An active interest in video games and the industry.
- Experience with the Profiling tool in Wwise.
- Experience using JIRA.
- Experience in creating test cases for games.
- Experience in field and studio recording.
- Knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- An interest in sound design.
- An understanding of audio workflows.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Location: San Diego, CA
Are you passionate about gaming, dialog and sound?! Then we want you! We are looking for a Dialog Coordinator to join Sony Interactive Entertainment to help us create and manage high quality dialog content for 1st party product development projects.
- Work with the dialog supervisor to support the acclaimed franchise MLB The Show
- Prepare materials for recording sessions
- Script verification from recordings
- Manage dialog assets for post-production, outsourcing and localization
- Implement dialog assets into the game engine and dialog databases
- Edit in-game dialog assets
- Knowledge of audio production, editing and mastering is required; this includes direct working knowledge in Recording, Editing and Mastering
- Knowledge of professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) ProTools, Adobe Audition, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
- A strong problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and database entry
- Relevant accredited education in the field of audio sound design television broadcasting game design
- Genuine interest in sports and well versed in baseball jargon
- Knowledge or familiarity with commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Sony’s Scream, Wwise, Fmod, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Knowledge of Pro Tools templates and session set up for recording and mixing in various formats
- Experience recording voice talent for video games commercials animation audio books podcasts
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.