We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, DONTNOD, Clean Cuts, and Riot – and they’re looking for a Foley Artist, Lead Audio Designer, Sound Designer, and Senior Sound Designer (R&D).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Blizzard, Senior Sound Designer at FoxNext, Audio Engineer at Rooster Teeth, Sound Designer at HireArt, Sound Designer/Composer at Betsoft, and Sound Design Intern at Time Warner.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Music Production Archivist Intern at Disney Animation Studios, Paid Audio Intern at Camouflaj, and Freelance Sound Designer at Elevation – plus Pacific Coast Audio Post is looking to expand their team.
If you want the chance to do freelance work for Netflix, join their contractor database here – they’ll be looking for lots of talents for their documentaries soon.
Company: Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Far Cry”, “James Cameron’s Avatar”, “For Honor”, “Skull & Bones”, “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
Due to the expansion of our Audio Services Department, we have a number of new opportunities available! We are currently searching for experienced and motivated Foley Artist – Sound Effect Recordist responsible for overseeing artistic and technical audio content for AAA Ubisoft brands under supervision of the Audio Director.
The employee will perform, record and prepare the raw audio material for one or more games under the supervision of the Audio Director and the Audio Designers.
Further Responsibilities include:
- Performing and recording Foley.
- Studio maintenance.
- Responsible of editing, creating and organizing the recordings as ready to be used material by the Sound Designers.
- Recording sound effects either in or outside the studio.
- Perform and prepare content as audio assets ready for implementation.
- Perform in sync to picture (cut scenes, trailers…etc).
- Respect budget when carrying out specific assignments.
2) Field Recording
- Planning and execution of recording sessions.
3) Studio recording
- Studio planning and maintenance.
- Take the lead in recording sessions.
4) Foley and SFX mastering
- Edit, clean, and master sound effects with plugins and restoration plugins (if needed).
- Extensive knowledge of library organization, metadata, and naming conventions.
- Relevant training, or experience producing foley and sound effect recordings for linear media and/or interactive media.
- Good skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Pro Tools, Reaper…).
- Good knowledge of standard plugins treatment and restoration plugins (Izotope RX preferred).
- Experience working and maintaining a studio environment and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Knowledge of game audio implementation principles is a plus.
- Experience with Perforce is a plus.
- Driving licence is a plus.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time.
- Good knowledge of standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- Extensive skills and knowledge of various microphone designs.
- Extensive experience producing professional grade field recording.
- Flexible work hours
- Access to various Internal & External training courses, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidised lunch meals, Free Bike rental or lease your own bike and many more!
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about games and would like to join an industry leader – please apply via our careers portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de
Location: Paris, France
Dans le cadre du développement d’un jeu pour consoles, DONTNOD Entertainment recherche un Lead Audio Designer (H/F) afin de renforcer ses équipes et intervenir sur l’un de nos jeux en cours de développement.
En étroite collaboration avec la direction créative, vous supervisez l’équipe audio et êtes le garant de l’identité sonore du projet. Vous veillez à la qualité et à l’intégration des ambiances, des bruitages, des musiques et des voix. Vous vous assurez du respect du budget et des délais de livraison.
A ce titre, vous définissez et identifiez les besoins sonores du projet. Vous proposez vos idées et les soumettez à la direction créative pour validation. Vous planifiez les missions de votre équipe.
Vous vous assurez de la qualité des ressources audio délivrées en interne et/ou outsourcées et procédez aux éventuelles modifications et retours si nécessaires. Vous garantissez la bonne intégration des assets audio dans le moteur de jeu.
Véritable pilier de votre équipe, vous réalisez un suivi continu des travaux effectués et endossez un rôle de support. Vous définissez les guidelines audio, rédigez les documentations techniques et accompagnez votre équipe dans la résolution des problèmes.
Vous supervisez quotidiennement les intervenants extérieurs (outsourcing sonore et/ou musicien).
Vous effectuez un feedback régulier de l’avancée de vos travaux à la direction créative et travaillez quotidiennement avec l’ensemble des équipes de production.
Profil du Candidat
Issu d’une formation de Sound Designer, vous justifiez d’au moins 5 ans d’expérience en tant que Designer Audio pour la production de jeux vidéo.
- Vous maîtrisez le moteur Wwise et les logiciels spécialisés en audio (Nuendo, Reaper, Sound Forge, …). Idéalement, vous disposez de bases solides sur Unreal Engine 4.
- Votre niveau d’anglais est intermédiaire.
- Doté d’un excellent relationnel, vous aimez travailler en équipe.
- Pédagogue, vous êtes force de proposition et aimez partager vos idées auprès des équipes de production.
- Votre appétence pour l’industrie du jeu vidéo et votre forte sensibilité artistique sont autant d’atouts pour ce poste.
Vous souhaitez rejoindre un studio chaleureux, à taille humaine, débordant d’énergie et de projets stimulants ?
Si l’aventure vous tente, n’hésitez pas à nous adresser votre candidature !
CV, lettre de motivation, références, site Web (si applicable)
To: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company: Clean Cuts
Location: Washington DC, USA
Clean Cuts is seeking a Sound Designer to join our team at our Washington DC facility with a passion for creative sound design and the capability to implement assets. This is a full time staff position.
We are a team of passionate audio specialist that are driven to create outstanding audio in a collaborative environment. Clean Cuts has been trusted creative partner providing the highest level of audio and client services for over 25 years. We work on both linear and interactive mediums including video games, commercials, promos, documentaries, films and more.
Position Responsibilities include:
• Design and create and master sound assets in both an interactive and linear format
• Implement and mix in a variety of systems such as Wwise, Unreal, Fmod
• Record, edit, process and master Voice Over
• 1+ years working in the game Industry or relevant game audio experience
• Expertise with Pro Tools
• Passion and enthusiasm for sound, sound design game audio and video games
• Strong knowledge of audio recording practices and fundamentals (EQ, Compression etc)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact directly and in person with clients
• A passion to excel and exceed goals
• Excellent written, documentation, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to solve technical and creative challenges
• Enjoys and excels in a collaborative, positive team atmosphere
• Ability to handle multiple projects or task simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Experience in Post-Production Audio (TV,Film)
• Music Composition or production experience
• Familiar with Version Control (Perforce)
• Field Recording
• Excellent Benefits package
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Absolutely no calls please.
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve. The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up the team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As a Senior Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for helping drive the creative audio direction for one of our new games. You will help develop and execute the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development for the new game. Also as one of the leading members of the Audio discipline, you will collaborate with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features. Your work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers will learn and improve from your innovation in process. If you care deeply for game development and are passionate about bringing a project to life, join our mission to develop worldwide games that are multi-generational and give our players lasting experiences.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the product
- Develop and execute the audio vision and strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
- Collaborate with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals and objectives
- Define and manage audio objectives, goals, timeline, etc. for their content team or product
- Work with narrative team to develop and support in game voice over for characters & major features
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Knowledge in technical design and implementation of key audio systems
- Experience with sound design of creatures, ambiance, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Capable of considering both player experience and content creation experience
- Ability to self-direct and measure success individually and collectively with teams
- Experience in shipping games
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational chops
- Experience building audio architecture
- Composing or music authoring
- Post-production work for in-game cinematic and trailers as well as marketing material
- Wide experience in various game engines