We came across interesting new jobs at Gameloft Barcelona, Wild Sheep Studios, Ludere Studios, and ArenaNet – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Audio Tools Programmer, and Sound Designers.
We also found openings for a Localization Manager at Naughty Dog (CA, US), Sound Designer at Neal Gaming (WA, US), Sound Designer/Producer at NBCUniversal (NY, US), Sound Mixer/Designer at Freethink (NY, US), Slot Game Sound Designer at Acentric Gaming (NV, US). We also just noticed a 2-year contract opportunity for a Sound Designer (Music) at Rocksteady (London, UK).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Part-time VR Sound Designer in Potsdam/Berlin (Germany), Sound Designer at Fatshark (Sweden), Audio Designer at Hinterland Studio (BC, Canada) Senior Sound Designer at Media Molecule (UK), Playlist Designer at Music Concierge (UK), Audio Programmer at Blizzard (CA, US), Sound Designer at Infinity Ward, Senior Sound Designer at Riot Games (CA, US), and Resident Artist at the British Library (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: Gameloft Barcelona
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Barcelona? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working closely with Game Designers and Producers for a multitude of projects at Gameloft, the Sound Designer is responsible for creating all the sound for upcoming games on platforms such as iPad, iPhone, Windows and Nintendo Switch. This position is under the direct supervision of the Audio Director. There is no music composing in this role.
- Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Reaper or Protools), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.). The ideal candidate must also have strong knowledge of popular VST plug-ins, necessary for audio editing and mixing.
- Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
- Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, etc.).
- Capacity to create and edit original sounds, in the form of audio samples, sound synthesis, etc.
- Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, and others);
- Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases (with more than 2000 sounds per game);
- Ability to produce original, high-quality sound effects quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Sound Design in the video game industry. Demos will be requested.
- A diploma in Sound Design is an asset.
- Experience in car/vehicle sound design for games (FMOD Engine Designer or similar systems)
- The ideal candidate is expected to have many years experience playing video games on consoles and have acquired a good understanding of current sound quality standards;
- Moreover, the ideal candidate should be a team player; have a strong sense of creativity, analysis and synthesis; be hard-working; have effective interpersonal skills; and have strong organizational skills;
- The ideal candidate must also be able to easily create and understand sound environments of video games.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for a test. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft. Applications with no demo will not be considered.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What can Gameloft Barcelona offer you even more?
- Private health insurance
- Permanent contract with career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Monthly ticket restaurant card
- Free fruit every morning
- Central location and beautiful view in front of Sagrada Familia
- Free afternoon on your birthday
- 25 days of annual paid leave
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Company: Wild Sheep Studios
Location: Montpellier, France
Wild Sheep Studios are looking for an Audio Tools Programmer.
- Design, develop and maintain the tools pipeline in close collaboration with the audio Team
- Integrate and improve the game’s audio features with the engine team
- Work closely with the engine team to implement the audio features in the game
- Test and document produced code
Profile of candidate:
- Fluency in C/C++
- An interest in interactive sound and music
- Keen on working with other team members and good communication skills.
- Enthousiasm et proactivity
- Understand audio specific terminology and technology
- Love for games, ideally open world.
Nice to have:
- Wwise knowledge and Signal processing
- Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
Working with us
Maintaining a good work-life balance is fundamental for us and we offer:
- excellent benefits with competitive compensation
- extensive healthcare
- a generous 25 days of holidays
- a climate where you can enjoy all these benefits.
Indeed, Montpellier is the perfect place for this: with public transport accessible beaches, near the mountains, you will never be short on things to do, or friends and family looking for a visit.
Applying at Wild Sheep Studio is not only about you fitting the job but how you’d like to work with us.
- Step one is the quick and easy application: be clear about who you are and what you would like to bring to Wild Sheep Studio, don’t forget any pertinent work references (Artstation, demoreel, git repo adress, personal website…).
- Step two: We organize an introductory Skype call, where the aim is to get to know you better and for us to introduce ourselves. We can talk about your experiences and how you like to work, and tell you about what life is like at Wild Sheep Studio. Sometimes we ask you to do a small test
- Step three: If the interest is mutual, we organize an on-site visit where you can meet the team, see the project and get a taste of life in the South of France
- Step four: If we and you believe there is a good match, we will make an offer and start planning for your arrival.
Company: Ludere Studios
Location: Altanta, GA, USA
We are looking for a brilliant Sound designer for a intense horror game!
- Sound design high quality audio assets.
- Implement audio in UE4.
- Pipeline for handling post production of VO assets.
- Record new audio assets and sound effects.
- Edit, mix, and master music.
- Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality.
- A self-motivated individual who works well when left on his/her own and can come up with results that increase the quality of the audio.
- 2+ years of experience in audio for AAA games.
- Exceptional sound design and implementation skills.
- Ability to work well with feedback, both receiving as well as providing it.
- Experience with Unreal!
- Experience working on FPS games a plus.
- Unreal Engine: 2 years (Preferred)
- audio for AAA games: 2 years (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home
- 2 months or less
Company: ArenaNet LLC
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We’re not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
The ArenaNet audio department is looking for a new associate or mid-level sound designer to join our team! We are strong believers in expressing creativity in every aspect of game audio; from field and Foley recording, to editing and design, to implementation and testing. In this role you will be expected to collaborate with many different teams and individual contributors both in and outside of the audio department.
- Recording, editing, designing, and implementing audio assets.
- Scoping and planning audio needs for upcoming releases and features.
- Collaborating across disciplines to provide exception audio support.
- Testing, reporting, and tracking audio related bugs and tasks to ensure expected levels of quality.
- 1+ shipped game title as a sound designer.
- 2+ years of experience in game development or equivalent production.
- Experience implementing audio assets into a game via commercial or proprietary game engine editor.
- Capable of providing support for multiple projects and teams simultaneously and self-managing accordingly.
- Working experience with a DAW, two-track editor, and batch processing for the creation and processing of assets for use in-game.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Familiarity or experience working with Steinberg Nuendo or Cubase.
- Experience working on a project with a continuous live release schedule.