We came across interesting jobs at Ghost Games, Frontier, Bungie, and SEGA – and they’re looking for an Audio Artist I, Audio Programmer, Test Engineer, and Senior Sound Designer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Creative Content Manager, C++ Audio Developer, and Sound Content Project Manager at Noiiz, Senior Sound Designer at Aftershock, Lead Audio Designer at Elastic Games, and Sound Editor at Halo Post Production. Happy job hunting!
Company: Ghost Games/EA Gothenburg
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Audioworks is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to our team. This successful candidate must be able to work with an audio team for a specific project. The individual should have core experience in select phases of audio design and production, in sound design and implementation. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and should have a basic understanding of game development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
What an Audio Artist does at EA:
• Creating quality audio for the current videogame or supporting assets
• Submit final audio files on or before required deadlines
• Submit EQ and mastering of sound effects for audio review
• Interactive element tuning such as editing a node-based graph interface
• Quality control review of project(s)
• Sound design of source elements and/or speech editing, naming and file organization
• Audio post production for in-game video content
The next great EA Audio Artist also needs:
• A minimum of 3 years audio production experience
• Experience with UI audio production is beneficial
• Proficiency in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD)
• Comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team and be able to discuss with Designer and Developers.
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
More about our location:
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Company: Frontier Developments
Location: Cambrudge, UK
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-nominated team delivering amazing sounds on Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and other exciting projects. We are focused on developing cutting edge in-house tech to push the boundaries of interactive audio.
• Be part of a development studio that values audio highly as a cornerstone of our games’ experience.
• Be part of a large audio team focussed on creating amazing sounds that push the boundaries of game audio.
• Be part of a code team that strives to create solid, reusable systems that deliver innovative solutions deployed across multiple projects.
• Create real time systems that translate in-game action into beautiful audio.
• Design, implement and maintain innovative audio solutions.
• Focussed on code quality and performance.
• Communicate well with others through code, documentation and face-to-face interaction.
• Work as part of a large audio team delivering multiple titles across multiple platforms.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in order to strive for continuous improvement.
• Good at managing competing demands for your time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Ability to write clear C++.
• Careful consideration given to runtime performance of code.
• Readiness to learn and share ideas / experience with others.
• Versatile approach to problem solving with an enthusiastic attitude to new challenges.
• Good listening skills and sonic awareness.
• Experience with game audio engines such as Wwise.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to join Bungie’s award-winning audio team. Test Engineers on the audio team cover a large swath of content, including cinematics, sound design, narrative, and music throughout our sprawling worlds. Applicants need to be thorough, efficient, detail-oriented, and comfortable utilizing Wwise and a propriety toolset to root-cause defects properly. Candidates must be able to utilize their ability to script or program in order to help improve test workflows.
At Bungie, we take pride in the quality and polish of the experiences that we deliver to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines. As a Test Engineer, you will work with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development in order to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment. You will develop an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the quality of our games and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
• Understand your team’s workflow and features and use that knowledge to integrate testing into the development process
• Utilize propriety audio development tools to identify defects
• Collaborate with Engineering, Production, and Design to ensure quality throughout the game
• Work across disciplines in order to identify audio-related dependencies and risks
• Drive technical testing strategies and workflow improvements for the team
• Create and execute both automated and manual test cases
• 2+ years of software testing experience
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills; able to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
• Experience writing area and/or feature test specifications
• Ability to use your knowledge of test methodologies to design efficient testing coverage
• Ability to prioritize workload and test strategy based on the team’s deliverables
• Proven ability to enhance workflow via scripting and tooling
• Passion for gaming and the ability to apply that passion to development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice To Have Skills:
• Ability to work efficiently on a team with multiple production methodologies (Waterfall/Agile)
• 2+ years in video game QA
• 1+ years in audio test role
• Experience testing multiple platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
• 4 year degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
• Interest or background in audio field outside of testing
Company: SEGA/Creative Assembly
Location: London, UK
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Senior Sound Designer to join our award-winning audio team to work on an exciting new game set in the Total War universe. Working with a close-knit team of developers on an innovative new TW title you will have the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the game from an early stage.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about game audio, highly self-driven and a have great collaborative skills. Able to communicate effectively with a small multi-disciplinary team, there will be plenty of opportunity to innovate and make your mark on a unique title.
As a Senior Sound Designer you will work collaboratively across the team and in cross-discipline feature groups to deliver world-class audio for a brand-new TW title. You will also plan and run field and studio recording sessions; contributing quality source material to our core library.
A solid technical foundation is required as you will be designing and implementing audio within unity and other tools. Taking ownership over key areas of the audio experience, you will have a thorough understanding of the game vision and pillars and take initiative to enhance the game through the audio experience.
• Highly skilled at sound design and field recording
• Experience working on multiple console or mobile games
• A degree in audio technology, sound design or related qualification
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills
• Good technical skills
• A great show-reel
• Experience working on sound design for mobile, arcade, CCG or similar
• Expert in unity
• Interest in mobile and handheld gaming
Applications without a show-reel won’t be considered, so please include some examples of your best work.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
• Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
• Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
• Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
• Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
• Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.