We came across interesting new jobs at Coatsink (UK), Ubisoft Singapore (Singapore), Naughty Dog (CA, US), and Bethesda (MD, US) – and they’re looking for Sound Designers and a Voice Designer.
We also found openings for an Audio Technical Manager at Blizzard (CA, US), Audio Designer at Splash Damage (UK), Technical Sound Designer at IO Interactive (Copenhagen, DK), Head of Audio at Financial Times (UK), and Audio Supervisor at Blue Man Group (NY, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Technical Audio Assembly Lead at BASSBOSS (CA, US), Associate Sound Designer and Dialogue Editor at Naughty Dog (CA, US), and Audio Coordinator at Riot Games (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Sunderland, UK
Coatsink is looking for a highly motivated and talented Sound Designer to join the team in Sunderland, UK. You will work closely with our Audio Director and sound team.
As a Sound Designer at Coatsink, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, designing and implementing sound effects using industry standard equipment and software. You will need to work closely will all other departments to ensure audio helps to create the game’s vision.
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Work with all departments of development to define and plan a project’s overall direction
- Ability to work in many different styles and adhere to the needs of the project
- Use industry standard tools and equipment to design and implement sound effects
- Have an in-depth knowledge of fundamental audio processes and an ability to communicate and apply them in an efficient and effective manner
- Create original and compelling sound effects by means of recording, synthesis and sample library
- Produce assets on time and execute feedback quickly
- Implement sound effects into middleware and prepare assets for use by other departments
- Plan and execute recording sessions when necessary
- Manage and maintain a well-organized sample library
- Work on multiple projects while keeping assets and samples organised and available should another team member need to access them
- Manage large quantities of audio assets from external recording sessions such as voice over
- A minimum of 2 years working in the games industry
- An excellent understanding of sound design for games
- In-depth knowledge of common DAW’s and plugins
- Experience working with Unity3D
- Ability to work quickly with short turn around times
- Willingness to learn new skills related to sound design and implementation
- Work on a project as either the sole sound designer or as part of a team and deliver a high standard of work
- Field recording and sound library management
- Experience working with Reaper
- Experience working with the Unity Audio System
- Experience designing sound for VR
- Relevant university degree
What we can provide
- A relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
- Experience working with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Travel pass scheme
- A CV is required
- A cover letter is required
- A link to your design portfolio and/or project(s) demonstrating relevant skills is required
- You must be willing to complete a sound design test if requested to do so
Company: Ubisoft Singapore
Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Follow the references and directions from the Audio Director;
- Work on the creation and implementation of sound effects;
- Work on the implementation of in-game ambiance and the environmental effects;
- Responsible for the ambient Dialog in-game implementation;
- Work closely with Gameplay Programmers, Animators and Level Designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design;
- Respect budget and performance constraints when carrying out assignments;
- Verify the quality of the sound integrated into game.
- You have good technical software expertise with Nuendo, Cubase, Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound Forge or Vegas
- Hardware experience required in audio interfaces, microphones, portable recorder
- Work experience in voice recording, sound effects recording, music recording
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Please note, this is an onsite position.
Naughty Dog is looking for a temporary (contract), on-site sound designer who has demonstrated excellence in both creative and technical work. The ideal candidate possesses a strong cinematic style and obsessive attention to detail, as well as passion for field recording and creating bespoke assets for each project. A strong, clear communication style is required as collaboration is an essential feature to making games at Naughty Dog.
- Create sound assets for many different systems and scenarios
- Implement sound assets using our proprietary tools
- Work with and help manage outsourcing partners
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years game audio experience with at least one shipped AAA credit
- Expert command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, Scream, or similar authoring environment – a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical
- Excellent communication skills – able to give and request assistance with problems and issues across the development team
- Great team attitude – collaborative and client focused – you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere
As a part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete a test.
Company: Bethesda Game Studios
Location: Rockville, MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented Voice Designer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles. In this role, the Voice Designer will coordinate, design and implement outstanding dialogue for our games for current and next generation AAA games.
- Work closely with the audio and design teams to create original voice audio content from original scripts through localized languages;
- Respond efficiently to demands of multiple game teams for voice audio assets;
- Produce studio-ready voiceover scripts from proprietary tools;
- Edit, process and implement final delivered voiceovers;
- Design audio post-processing effects for voiceovers;
- Work with external voiceover casting/directing/recording studios to plan and coordinate recording sessions;
- Work with external voiceover localization services;
- Debug, maintain and ensure the final product quality;
- Playtest and debug game audio systems;
- Work with programming team to provide input on future direction of audio tools;
- Maintain voice documentation such as scripts, casting sides, and post-processing details;
- Attend voiceover sessions and motion capture shoots where required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience creating professional voice audio for games, interactive or other media;
- Excellent audio engineering skills, working knowledge of modern studio equipment, recording techniques, microphones and industry standard tools;
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing;
- Strong sound design & technical skills;
- Familiarity with audio middleware applications such as WWise, FMOD, Unity;
- Able to manage large-scale voice audio asset production;
- Experience in voiceover production, casting and directing actors, recording and editing;
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- A passion for games.
- Experience working with the Creation Kit toolset;
- Experience working with Steinberg Nuendo/Cubase, WaveLab, Reaper, Sound Forge, VST plug-ins, etc.;
- Knowledge and understanding of the video game development process;
- Video editing and production experience;
- Proficiency in music composition and/or with a primary instrument;
- Experience with field recording techniques and equipment.