We came across interesting new jobs at IO Interactive, Creative Assembly, Force Field, and Rumble Studios – and they’re looking for a Lead Sound Designer (Denmark), Audio Programmer (England), Senior Audio Manager (Netherlands), and Junior to Mid Level Sound Designer (Australia).
We also found openings for a Music Curation Manager at Amazon (Japan), Acoustics Consultant at WSP-Parsons Brinckerhoff (VA, US), Senior Audio Producer at VICE Media (NY, US), Audio Designer at Gearbox Software (TX, US), Sound Designer at Mr. November Film (Remote), Live Sound Engineer at Mandy Opportunity (NV, US), and Audio Programmer at Rockstar North (Scotland).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Designer at Cryptic Studios (CA, US), Sound Designer/Mixer at Sony Pictures Games (Remote), Sound Designer/Mixer at Nurture Digital/Everpost (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (UK), Foley Art Intern at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), and VO Designer at Fatshark (Sweden). Happy job hunting!
Company: IO Interactive
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
IO Interactive is looking for a Lead Sound Designer for our new AAA, unannounced title. Be part of our new exciting journey and give life to game vision by setting the audio direction and identity for this new, iconic title. You will be a key player between sound design and game vision and will marry the two into one immersive and realistic sound experience. We will count on you not only as a specialist sound designer, but also a creative thinker who sees opportunities within sound for achieving the best player experience.
As a Lead, apart from setting the audio direction, you will also get to mentor a team of sound designers, set out new standards for sound systems, and lead the team by example by being the go-to expert for sound design layout and implementation.
If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you! We’re looking for the very best talent from all over the world to join our studio and work on this project. Our offices in Copenhagen (Denmark) and Malmo (Sweden) will be joining forces to build a strong and experienced team with top talent.
- You will create and own the audio direction and sound implementation that aligns with the general game vision, established in collaboration with the game management team.
- Set benchmarks for sound design quality for the internal and external teams.
- Ensure that game audio playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Define workflows, structures and the organization of all audio related content.
- Mentor and coach a team of sound designers to deliver on the assignments at hand and within the established quality standard.
- Take part in the recruitment process and train new sound designers in the proper use of our tools.
- Work with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding audio reflecting the game vision.
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools setting up audio (Wwise, Glacier2).
- Create prototypes and sound intentions, proving audio set-ups and technical choices while identifying needs.
- Create sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc.
- Mixing – you will be the owner of the final quality in sound design and implementation.
- Focus on technical development and implementation of sound, collaborate with audio programmers and spar on solution iteration.
- Accomplished sound designer with 5+ years of experience working in the AAA film or video game industry, having produced work for at least one published title, in a leading role.
- You have leadership acumen, able to manage an in-house team of sound designers, and guide them with qualified and constructive feedback.
- Excellent sound design skills both in regard to technical understanding and creative solutions.
- Experience working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.).
- Professional recording experience – location and studio-based.
- Experience recording, integrating and mixing audio for game projects.
- You are both autonomous and collaborative, and can both set the direction for the team and also be a true team player.
- You are self-motivated and hold a very high standard for the sound direction and your team’s work.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, and work solution-oriented.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a very good understanding of the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on youtube).
- Experience with linear sound or a sandbox storytelling game.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for IO Interactive games.
- Experience supervising orchestral recording.
- Experience supervising dialogue recording
- Degree in sound/audio design.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö and Copenhagen offices, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, England
Based at our studio in the heart of Sussex, you will be working as part of the Total War audio programming team which provides support across all our franchise projects. You will also collaborate and work alongside our dedicated team of sound designers and dialogue engineers. Supporting a varied number of games, tools and technologies, you will be an integral part of delivering the immersive audio experience our fans have come to expect from our games.
In the role of Audio Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working and collaborating to improve our existing audio gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis you will responsible for supporting our audio team by:
- Implementing new audio gameplay features using Audiokinetic Wwise
- Extending our in-house toolset and troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Creating and maintaining tools for the sound team to use
- Gameplay feature implementation and tools to help with the audio QA process
- Professional Audiokinetic Wwise experience
- Excellent C++ skills
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to understand and work to deadlines in a development environment
- Passion and interest in making games
- Experience developing audio systems in games, research or other settings
- A familiarity with Total War games is a definite advantage
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants, and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft. Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Company: Force Field
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
As an experienced audio professional, you are excited by the opportunity to explore the medium of Virtual Reality, using your skills and knowledge to push audio to the highest quality.
You understand the demands of creative leadership and the need to be up to date on the technology and processes to craft a key feature of the player’s experience, from sound effects and music to dialogue and UI feedback.
The role of Senior Audio Manager is an opportunity to get on board with a talented and experienced VR developer that is striving to the set the bar for the next generation of immersive gaming. You will supervise audio production, its integration into the game engine, and own the creative vision for all aspects of audio in the studio.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to establish, own, and communicate the studio’s creative audio vision
- Collaborate with the Chief Engineer to create a long-term technology strategy to deliver best in class audio for VR
- Coach team members to foster their artistic and technical development
- Set the studio’s audio quality benchmark through hands on creation of audio FX, music and voice
- Supervise the work of the audio team from artistic and technical perspectives
- Select and manage the studio’s audio outsourcing partners
- At least 5+ years’ experience in audio production for video games
- Delivery of at least one (but preferably more) AAA game as part of a production team
- Film or TV postproduction experience an asset
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Sound forge, MIDI)
- Solid hands-on experience in implementation of audio in Unreal Engine 4
- Basic blueprinting skills
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio
- Computer science training an asset
- Proven ability to communicate a vision
- Established organization skills
- Ability to influence and inspire others
- Excellent sense of aesthetics
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software
- Permitted to work in the EU
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits according to experience and job
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- An onsite canteen offering an inexpensive healthy lunch
- Up to 30% income tax reduction for eligbile expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam
- Friday afternoon drinks
- The latest VR hardware which you can borrow and take home
Company: Rumble Studios
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Rumble Studios is a music & sound design post production studio based in Chippendale, Sydney.
Our passion is creating great sound design & music for the advertising & television industry and we pride ourselves on our creativity and client experience.
The role being offered is Junior to Mid Level Sound Designer. We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic sound designer with a strong understanding of Pro Tools and a relevant show reel.Key responsibilities:
- – Sound Design & Daily assisting of snr. sound designers
- – File management
- – Session prep and preliminary tracklay
- – Production music searches
- – Technical problem solving
- – Proficient in ProTools
- – Energetic and positive attitude
- – Enthusiastic
- – Take direction well
- – Be able to complete a variety of tasks efficiently in this fast paced industry.
- – Work well under pressure
- – A people person who can work well with clients on creative jobs as well as working well within the team.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday role.
IMPORTANT: Please apply with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself plus relevant CV & showreel. Note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please apply via email to ; jobs (at) rumblestudios (dot) tv