We came across interesting new jobs at Kindly Beast, 2K Brighton, Rockstar North, and Insomniac – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Audio Designers, and an Audio Production Coordinator.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio QA Engineer at Creative Assembly (UK), an Audiovisual Electronics Engineer at The British Library, an Audio Research Software Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs (US), and a part-time sound designer at Filmuniversität Babelsberg Konrad Wolf (Germany). Also, there’s still a Senior Sound Designer opportunity available at Digital Extremes (London, OT, CA).
Happy job hunting!
Company: Kindly Beast
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
We are on the hunt for an experienced composer and sound designer to add some aural magic to our games! You’ll be joining our small audio team and working with project leads to lay out a vision, create audio assets, and integrate sounds with custom tools. The ideal candidate must be able to juggle competing priorities and stay organized while working on several projects. An understanding of not just game audio, but also how it enhances game design and the player experience, is essential.
We’re looking specifically for Canadian applicants to work in our Ottawa, Canada office. Please include a portfolio with relevant work, clearly indicating work created by you.
• Work with development teams to create a list of required audio assets and audio system features
• Generate and track tasks for members of the audio team in Jira
• Participate in regular review meetings to receive feedback from project leads
• Provide feedback and guidance to other members of the audio team
• Create high quality audio assets as required for multiple projects
• A minimum of 5 years working in game audio
• Expertise with your DAW of choice
• Demonstrable ability to create high quality original music to suit different styles and moods
• Extensive experience with sound design, including an understanding of interactive audio and work with linear media (sync to trailers, cutscenes)
Special Consideration Given to:
• AGILE and Scrum experience
• Experience with Jira
• Familiarity with version control
• Experience with integrating assets into Unity
• Shipped titles (indie or AAA)
What we Offer:
• Full-time position
• Flexible working hours
• The opportunity to work on a rapidly growing IP.
• An open company culture that encourages creative problem solving, transparency, and independence
• A competitive salary plus performance based bonuses
• Generous dental and medical benefits
• Input on studio setup and equipment
• 2 weeks holiday to start PLUS a month off from December 15th to January 15th
Company: 2K Brighton
Location: Brighton, UK
We are an experienced Audio team, spanning multiple locations and disciplines. We are passionate about our craft, always trying to raise the bar, both creatively and technically, while growing our collective skill and knowledge. We are constantly searching for ways to produce a better, more immersive & exciting sonic experience for our players.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 Games is looking for an experienced Audio Designer who can help us create emotionally compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for a variety of projects.
In this role, you will be working under the direction of the Senior Audio Designer and collaborating with the Audio team, as well as Producers, Game Designers, Animators & Artists to help design and create exceptional quality audio content that matches the look, feel, and style of gameplay. Day-to-day duties will be primarily centered on designing audio content, as well as implementation.
What You Will Do:
Work with the above-mentioned teams to design and create game audio content that supports both gameplay and the aesthetic of the project. Work with the audio, design and engineering teams to improve workflow and pipelines. Assist with dialogue and field recording, editing, mastering and integration. Implement your work within WWise as well as our proprietary tools and engine.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
Our ideal candidate has a combination of solid aesthetic sense, acute attention to detail and a high level of technical expertise, as well as an understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques. This person will have experience using tools such as Avid Pro-Tools, iZotope RX & AudioKinetic Wwise, amongst others. We are looking for someone who has experience working in various surround formats, has a minimum of 3 years experience as an audio designer in the gaming industry (or related field), and has shipped at least one AAA title in a Audio Designer capacity. (Multi-platform experience preferred)
We want to grow our team with someone who has passion for their craft, is always looking for ways to improve their skills, and is willing to both learn from, as well as share their knowledge with other members of the team. You will be working in a cross-studio environment, spanning multiple time-zones, therefore strong communication and time management skills are essential to our success as a team.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based at our Brighton location, who partner with the other Hangar 13 sites to develop all of our games as one global team. Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games in the coolest city in the UK!
Company: Rockstar North
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Audio Production Coordinator who possesses a passion for organizing and facilitating creative teams. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The award-winning Rockstar audio team combines all audio disciplines; designing and implementing the sound, music and dialogue technology as well as content for our games.
- Work closely with Audio Leads to generate, explain, and present detailed schedules, milestone objectives, status reports, and other documentation clearly and accurately.
- Manage the team’s bug and task queues using our internal project tracking tools.
- Maintain regular communication with production coordinators in other areas of development, ensuring efficient inter-departmental information flow.
- Detect production and development abnormalities and report them through the proper lines of communication.
- Ability to work independently while remaining responsive to the needs of the larger production team.
- 1+ years of experience in Production, Project Management or QA roles.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
- Great interpersonal skills. Must be able to work closely in a team setting and with other departments.
- Excellent and confident communicator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Eagerness to learn new workflows and software tools.
- Flexibility and initiative, together with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Interest in sound, music and dialogue production.
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, CA, US
Insomniac Games is looking for an audio designer to create, edit, and implement game-ready audio of the highest quality for AAA projects. They’ll work closely with the audio and development teams. They’ll maintain a high level of quality and consistency of assets throughout development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes and creates unique sound effects at an intermediate level of proficiency that match the style and tone for their intended use.
- Proactively works with the development team to identify and develop strategies for implementing sound effects that yield highest quality results in the game.
- Utilizes technical skills to make sure sound effects meet technical requirements of game including voice channel limits, memory management, prioritization, etc.
- Investigates sound effect issues at an intermediate level to debug, fix and make sure sounds play correctly in the game.
- Adept at pre-mixing all sound effects implemented into the game and contributes to assisting with final sound design mix of game.
- Communicates ideas and technical details clearly with other teams/departments working in disciplines other than audio.
- Communicates progress toward goals on a regular basis with audio directors, audio leads and project managers.
- Ability to perform intermediate scripting using visual scripting systems.
- Provides assistance with audio schedule creation and forecasting.
- Contributes to defining the tone of audio for style guide documentation for projects.
- Attends multi-discipline meetings as a representative for the audio department where the focus is on a specific area/mission of the game.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience focused on experience in original sound effect design, creation, mixing, processing and implementation or AAA computer/video game product development experience.
- Proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Proficient with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge) and various audio plug-ins.
- Shipped game experience with Wwise is a must.
- Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and surround sound formats.
- Thoroughly understands the foundations of dynamic, frequency, and time-based effects as well as audio synthesis.