We came across interesting new jobs at Supernatural, Supercell Shanghai, Epic Games, and WildBrain Spark – and they’re looking for an Audio Mixer (CA, US), Audio Lead (SH, China), Senior Sound Designer (NC, US), and Sound Designer (England).
We also found openings for an Audio Mixer at Within (CA, US), Head of Music at Wave (CA, US), Audio Programming Engineer at Harebrained Schemes (WA, US), Senior Audio Producer at Peloton Interactive (NY, US), Audio Director at Firesprite (England), Audio Engineer Internship at Spirit Consulting (Remote), Audio Engineer at Lenovo (FU, China), Director of Audio at WEFRAME (Germany), Audio Director at Ready at Dawn (CA / OR, US), Technical Sound Designer at Ubisoft Montreuil (France), Sound Engineer at Sri Venkateswara University (AP, India), Associate Podcast Producer at Marvel Entertainment (NY, US), Sound Designer at Scopely, and Audio Lead, Senior Technical Audio Designer and Senior Audio Programmer at Cloud Chamber (QC, Canada).
There are also 8 audio opportunities still open at Sumo Digital (England), including one for an Audio Director, Lead Sound Designer, Senior Sound Designer, Senior Technical Sound Designer, Sound Designer (Sumo Sheffield) and Sound Designer (The Chinese Room).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Meet Thomas Rex Beverly – an extraordinary nature sound recordist.
• Go behind the sound for all the Best Sound Oscar nominees 2021
• Greg Lester takes a look at why carefully-crafted sound design in stealth games is so vital
• Get the stories behind the music for the Best Original Score Oscar nominees 2021 and hear the full scores
• Andy Hay and Bryan Parker take you behind the sound for One Night in Miami in this exclusive video
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times! Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you – available on-demand in your home.
What you'll do:
As an Audio Mixer, you will be responsible for preparing music files for our choreographers, creating spatial ambient landscapes for our in headset environments, and mixing trainer voice-over files over music for final delivery in headset.
- Process and prepare licensed music/audio tracks for our level design pipeline.
- Generate precise tempo track automation to sync up with music tracks.
- QC track tempo for final and in-progress game levels.
- Mix and process weekly batches of 7-10 final mixes in a consistent, high-quality manner.
- Finalize mix levels in headset and submit for final review/note pass by a creative director.
- Update and design environment ambiances as needed.
- Collaborate with the Studio team to adjust and improve sound recording/editing standards.
- Maintain, organize, and adjust audio processing plugin chains.
- Take on various tests and side projects with the team to better our offerings.
- Entry-level, preferred 3+ years of experience in music mixing, audio engineering, or video game audio engineering (school, internship, studio, agency or freelance)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An eye for detail as well as great organizational skills
- Proficiency in Izotope RX
- Proficiency in a DAW of choice ex. Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Reaper, etc.
- Ability to deliver high-quality assets with little oversight required
- Proficient with both macOS & Windows 10
- Experience thriving in a startup environment
- 1+ years of VR pipeline experience
- Experience mixing workout content
- Degree in Music Production, Audio Engineering, or related field
- Experience with Sound Design
- Baseline Unity experience
- Project Management (Airtable, Jira, etc.)
This is a part time position.
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company: Supercell Shanghai
Location: Shanghai, SH, China
We’re looking for a proven leader in sound design and audio production who can bring our games to life with world-class immersive soundscapes that elevate the player experience. The Audio Lead will play an important role in our Shanghai Studio as the first hire in this discipline.
In your role, you’ll bridge collaboration between our development team, audio vendors, composers, and licensors to deliver a beautiful and unforgettable audio experience to our players. You will have significant autonomy and a high level of impact, working closely with multiple game teams in Shanghai and, when needed, supporting Helsinki game team needs – building amazing games, and creating all things audio that appears in our games.Responsibilities
- As the Audio Lead on several new games, you will establish and articulate an audio vision for those games
- Assist our game teams in creating the best sound design and music for their games, overseeing the quality of the work, and setting the bar for excellence.
- You will be responsible for the final quality of audio in our games, guiding the ideation, conception, and implementation of audio content for our games
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship with our game teams and external partners that fosters quality and a healthy work environment
- You will build and maintain dedicated audio outsourcing partners for us, leveraging the depth of talent around our region
- Identify technical audio requirements to our engineering teams and assure they're met
- You will set up and manage sound studios, audio hardware, and equipment.
- Love for games
- A positive attitude and an ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to compose in a wide variety of musical styles and moods.
- Proven ability to create fully-fledged sound design for games.
- Proven successful direction, management, supervision, and mentoring of internal or external audio staff.
- Ability to proactively assess the needs of the game teams.
- Expert knowledge of sound design and mixing methods and tools.
- Working knowledge of daws such as Cubase, Logic, Ableton, reaper, etc.
- Working knowledge of audio effects and virtual instruments.
- Working knowledge of audio editors and adding audio to video.
- Knowledge of various audio engines such as Fmod, Audio in unity, Wwise, and so on.
- Ability to direct voice sessions and write scripts.
- Ability to work within various technical constraints.
- Ability to compose quickly and ability to take feedback.
- Mandarin language capabilities is a plus
Please note: Some form of "demo reel" "credits list" is required for this application. It could be game videos that feature your music and sound design, links to audio streaming services, homepage, and so on. Please include a text explaining your contributions to the worksAbout Supercell
We are a mobile game developer based in Helsinki, Finland, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul and Shanghai. Since our launch in 2010, we've released five games globally – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale and Brawl Stars.
To make five games, we've killed dozens along the way. That's because we're obsessed with quality. Our goal is to make the best games – games that are played by millions, enjoyed for years and remembered forever. To achieve this goal, we create the best possible teams and give them the freedom and independence that are core to our success.About Shanghai studio
As Supercell’s first ever international game development studio, the Shanghai studio is one of the most exciting things happening in Supercell and a unique opportunity to join at a relatively early stage to help shape our path. Our vision is to be a world-class international studio, making new global hit games; whilst leveraging the unique advantages of the game development scene in China and broader Asia.You might love it here…
If you love to think, talk, play and make games, Supercell is the place for you. We're made up of proactive, independent teams with the freedom to do what they think is best for their players, our games and the company at large. We know that it takes more than just independence to make great games, so we also take very good care of our people – providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed. Read More
This position is in Shanghai, but you're not?
Luckily, moving to Shanghai is easier than you might think. No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end. We're here to make sure the process is as smooth as possible for you, your family and whoever and whatever you're bringing along.
Company: Epic Games
Location: Cary, NC, US
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
The audio team at Epic is tasked with creating world-class sound design that delights and compels our players. We work as part of an amazing team in a flexible and fast-paced environment to create and implement audio in an effective and efficient way to ship great games.
As a senior sound designer, you’ll apply your refined audio aesthetic and ear to creating audio for one of the most popular games in the world. We value ideas and the freedom to innovate with amazing audio content and technologies.
In this role, you will
- Engage with a world-class team to create amazing audio and gaming experiences.
- Help to raise the quality level of audio in Epic game titles and technologies.
- Push the development of audio features and for future Unreal audio engine development.
- Expert knowledge of sound design and mixing methods and tools.
- Extensive audio engineering and DAW skills and knowledge.
- Strong self-management and organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors.
- Experience with audio toolsets/middleware and implementation of audio assets into game builds.
- Mixing and mastering multitrack audio for use in linear or interactive contexts.
- Able to collaborate with diverse teams and disciplines to create amazing audio.
- Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
- Troubleshooting audio issues and ability to optimize assets to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
- Must have shipped at least two AAA titles and have 3 years as part of an audio team.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
- Must have experience with field recording.
- Must have experience creating audio for linear media.
- Must be a game player- should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Musical composition or production experience.
- Programming or scripting (Python, Lua) experience.
- VO recording and mastering skills.
Please note: A demo reel is required for this application. It should be a 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked. This should include a diverse selection of footage including various types of work. Please include a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge – and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical – we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Company: WildBrain Spark
Location: London, UK
WildBrain Spark is a digital media leader that creates, manages and distributes kids’ entertainment content on platforms such as YouTube, Amazon Video Direct and ROKU. WildBrain Spark’s branded YouTube network is one of the largest of its kind, featuring over 500 brands and 300K videos across 800 kids’ channels.
Our team also produces original content at our studio including animation, stop motion and live-action, both for our channels and those of popular kids’ content and toy brands. If you have an idea, WildBrain Spark will help you develop and grow it into a reality! Our content reaches 1 in 3 kids globally with over 4 billion monthly views, engaging families everywhere! This huge reach could not happen without our legendary team – and we are looking to add to it!
To work at WildBrain Spark means you get to help create and share stories that let imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story!The Role
Wildbrain Spark is looking for a Sound Designer to join our team! You will join an amazing team of editors and sound designers, passionate about what they do and enthusiastic about new ideas and contents. You will be responsible for the sound design and audio mix over a variety of projects ranging from 2D Animation, Stop Motion Animation and Live Action content. Acting as a lead for sound-based enquiries within the Editing Team (Original Content), the job will also entail liaising with production, giving references to sound and musical styles, overseeing the stylistic direction of programs and, where required, conducting training, and upskilling for members of the team in audio related areas.
What You Will Do:
- Design and create unique soundscapes for our animation and live-action productions.
- Perform audio track lay of dialogue, SFX and music to the producer's brief.
- Create Pre-Mix and Final Mix exports for producer review.
- Planning, organising and creating our sound FX and musical libraries.
- Record foley sessions and expand our SFX libraries.
- Advise on audio hardware and asset purchase, including software and audio packs.
- Proficiency in Avid ProTools, Logic, Adobe CC Suite and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of audio plug-ins, delivery requirements and ability to comply with briefs and specifications for different platforms.
- A team player with excellent communication skills to keep the team informed and focused on creating amazing content.
- Interest in new audio technologies to help the team performing at the top level.
Working at WildBrain Spark is more than a job — it is the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people! We will recognize your talents, encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment, that promotes creativity and individuality. Some of the perks we have are private insurance, income protection, gym subsidies, bonus time off, employee share programs and flexible working and great social events!!
WildBrain Spark is committed to providing a supportive work environment and corporate culture free from barriers to promote inclusion, equity and diversity. WildBrain Spark accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.COVID-19 Update:
The interview process will take place via Microsoft Teams virtually due to COVID-19. The role will temporarily be working from home; however, we do aim to reopen the office when restrictions are lifted.
About WildBrain – a parent company of WildBrain Spark:
At WildBrain we make great content for kids and families. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library – one of the world’s most extensive – we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. Our shows are seen in more than 150 countries on over 500 telecasters and streaming platforms. WildBrain’s portfolio spans all areas of the entertainment industry: WildBrain Studios, where we develop and produce hit animated and live actions series; WildBrain Television, which is composed of prominent kids’ television channels in Canada (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and Télémagino); home to Peanuts Worldwide; brand management to some of the world’s most-loved kids brands; celebrated global licensing and distribution teams with WildBrain CPLG, and a leading children’s YouTube network in WildBrain Spark, one of the largest networks of kids’ channels on YouTube, with over 168 million subscribers.
WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Visit wildbrain.com to learn more!