We came across interesting new jobs at Microsoft, Supermassive, PopCap, and DR Studios – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Audio Production Manager, Technical Sound Designer and Audio Designer.
We also found openings for a Junior Sound Designer at Slightly Mad Studios (UK), Voice Actors at Six to Start (UK), VR Sound Designer/Composer at BDS (OR, US), and additional temporary contact Sound Designer and Technical Sound Designer opportunities at 343 Industries (WA,US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Director at Gasket Games (BC, Canada), Open Call for Freelancers at Netflix (still available – location unspecified), Sound Designer at WB Technology (MA, US), Audio Designer and Audio Coder at Ubisoft Blue Byte (Germany), Audio Designer at Climax Studios (UK) and Trailer/Re-recording Mixer at Empty Sea Audio (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Location: Redmond, WA, US
We are seeking talented and experienced Sound Designers for a contract position at Microsoft in Redmond WA to work on the next highly anticipated installment in the Halo franchise. Candidates will be designing original content along with implementing them into the game.
The Sound Designer will be working closely with the creative audio team leads to plan, design and integrate high quality assets for Halo Infinite. You will be working closely with a team that has decades of experience and will collaborate with key stakeholders from other disciplines.
- Be able to conceptualize, design, implement, and mix high quality content for a variety of systems inside of Wwise.
- Variety of systems include, ambiences, Front end and in game UI, Dialogue processing, character design, narrative driven moments, and special abilities.
- Working closely with your peers and audio leads to meet deadlines
- Assist with editing and recording of source material and dialogue
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years of game audio experience
- Needs to have shipped one title as a sound designer
- Ability to take direction and follow specifications
- Ability to create appropriate, and satisfying content that covers both realism and science fiction
- Well-rounded set of sound design skills
- Proficient in using Pro Tools
- Firm understanding of Wwise
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn
- Experience using world editors
- Familiar with Maya and frame event animation
Location: Guildford, UK
We’re looking for an Audio Production Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team.You will be responsible for managing the internal Audio Team and working with external partners to deliver the audio for each game in the anthology.
We would expect you to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in production or management roles within film, TV or games, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more. You should also have experience managing relationships with and delivery by external partners.
You should also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the process and requirements of audio design and production.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Audio Production Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team of Audio Designers, internally and externally, to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Series Producer, and is responsible for the Audio Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Audio Director, Game Director and Series Directors. The Audio Team provide SFX, Foley, ambiences, voice and music editing, and work closely with the Production and Presentation Teams to deliver high-quality audio for the games.
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Advising on the ‘make or buy’ production decisions for Audio
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Managing relationships with external development partners to produce work to the highest standard expected by Supermassive Games
- Liaise with partners to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels and external partner capacity to meet the forecast production needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Audio Team including the Lead Audio Designers and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of the 10 or more staff members within that team
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Audio Production
- Supporting the Game Teams, Production Integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Good knowledge of or experience in audio design or production
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
EA-PopCap is looking for an experienced and versatile technical sound designer to help create the sound of PopCap. The person in this role will work directly with the Audio Director as well as other disciplines key to making a great mobile game audio experience. The position will be very hands-on technically and creatively, designing and integrating audio systems in Wwise, as well as sound design. Experience with the Wwise audio integration tool and Unity a must. Please include a link to your reel when applying.
- Integration of game audio assets
- Sound design of character, VFX and UI assets
- Wwise audio system design
- Wwise project and Perforce stream management
- Soundbank and memory management
- Mixing and tuning of game audio assets
- Debugging and performance optimization
- Communication with engineering and design teams to build out Wwise systems
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
- 3+ years of industry experience, with at least 2-3 shipped titles
- Experience working in Wwise and Unity
- Experience working with Protools and other professional audio tools
- Strong Sound Design skills
- Scripting ability in Python, C#, etc. a plus
- A motivated self-starter with highly developed organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with game audio systems and tools
- Strong creative and aesthetic design sensibilities with regards to sound
- The ability to apply creative solutions to the production process, improving efficiency
- Proven ability to work with multiple disciplines, with strong communication skills
- Asset management and database experience, including Perforce
- Passionate about games, and game audio, particularly as it pertains to the emerging mobile space
Company: DR Studios
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
We’re looking for a seasoned Sound Designer to work with us on an exciting
new project to help drive the audio development process, from sound effect
creation and technical implementation to overseeing voice over sessions and
- Design and implement the sound effects for the game.
- Produce consistent, quality audio for all areas of the title including SFX, VO and Music.
- Working closely with the game design team to deliver the high quality audio deliverables on time.
- Define the audio production pipeline for the project.
- Promoting the importance of audio as a key gameplay pillar.
- 2+ years of experience creating audio for games, with a minimum of 1 console title shipped.
- Able to manage own time and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback.
- A keen ear for audio production detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of sound design for first/third person titles.
- Knowledge of UE4, ideally having shipped titles using it.
- Experience working with VO including editing, planning and processing.
- Location and studio based recording experience.
- A detailed knowledge of common middleware plugins.
- Experience collaborating with multiple remote teams.