We came across interesting new jobs at Microsoft, Star Stable, Sucker Punch, and TechNET – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer, and Audio Programmer.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Designer at Amazon Games, Senior Audio Programmer at Santa Monica Studio, Lecturer at Republic Polytechnic, and Professor of Audio Design at Konrad Wolf Film University. Happy job hunting!
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
In Cognition, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for a Senior Sound Engineer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project
• You will work on the creation of audio effects, sound effects for delivery of our products
• You will partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
• You will work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors and software
• You will incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products
• At least 5 years of experience working on AAA games, including development on current-gen consoles.
• Expert working knowledge of Game engines (I.E Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.)
• An incredibly keen ear for game audio production detail.
• A proven track record of world class technical audio design skills.
• Strong location and studio based SFX recording experience.
• Avid follower of cutting-edge game audio techniques and new technologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
• Augmented or Virtual Reality
• Unity, Unreal or related game engines
• Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Company: Star Stable
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are currently on the hunt for a star Sound Designer to join our team! In this role, you’ll be designing sound on request and play a big role in game development process. In short, you will always find the best way to enhance the game experience from an audio perspective and help bring Star Stable to life for our countless players around the globe!
As a Sound Designer at Star Stable, you will be:
- Designing sound in DAW (Logic) and Fmod construction of sound events
- Enhancing sound and optimisation of existing audio in DAW and Fmod
- Working on music/audio data optimization for mobile release
- Designing and mixing of marketing content such as trailers, commercials etc
- Recording of voice overs for in-game material and marketing
- Experience in sound and music production and an ability to consistently deliver quality audio assets
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other disciplines
- Ability to communicate and convey a storyline via the medium of sound
*This role is a parental leave cover position and will have a fixed term contract for 6 months.
About Star Stable:
Star Stable Entertainment AB offers an international and fun workplace driven by passion and innovation. Our game Star Stable Online (SSO) is a vast online multiplayer adventure game designed to encourage girls to work together to solve problems and complete challenges as well as explore a large scale, complex magical world from horseback. With more than 10 million registered users, Star Stable Online is one of the most popular MMO’s in the world, and one of the few online games targeted specifically towards girls.
Company: Sucker Punch
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Are you a technical sound designer with a love of integration? Do you dream in Wwise? Does your passion for scripting languages confuse your significant other? Are you a stickler for file naming conventions? Do you sleep with a katana under your pillow? Are you a quick learning, self-starter looking for a fun challenge and a great team to collaborate with? Did the preposition ending that last question upset you?
Sucker Punch is searching for a Technical Sound Designer with outstanding Wwise integration and scripting skills and (ideally) some sound design know-how for a temporary contract. If you have the qualifications and the drive, please send us a note including a little about yourself, a current resume, and a description of your favorite sound you’ve ever heard and why it resonates with you.
- Implement sound effects from external partners into Wwise and our proprietary engine
- Creation and integration of assets from recording sessions
- Integration of game content using internal scripting language and tools
- Interface with teams cross-studio to ensure features and content are addressed
- Wwise proficiency
- Minimum 2+ years experience in video game sound design
- Professional understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods
- Understanding of basic scripting/programming terminology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Adult responsibility skills
- Proficiency in a scripting language
- Passable sense of humor
- ProTools or Reaper experience
This is a contract position located onsite in Bellevue, WA.
Company: TechNET Digital
Location: Guildford, UK
We are working in partnership with a Powerhouse AAA gaming studio, who are known for their world class photo realistic cinematic and VR titles. They have customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now they need your help to take this to the next level. They are now looking for a Audio Programmer, to based in Guildford
They are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying a deep understanding of Wwise audio API and tools to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
- Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
- Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels from production use to player-facing code
- Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability and maintainability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Expert in C++ – you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Focussed on Audio Quality – you are able to work closely with audio designers to implement and actively develop an efficient workflow that is capable of creating top quality game audio.
- Technology Leadership – Able to propose and develop a clear audio technical strategy and code architecture for the project that works in the shared codebase.
- Great Communicator – you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical – sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games – you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED BY:
- Audio Middleware. In-depth knowledge of at least one audio middleware, such as Wwise or Fmod.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
If you would be interested to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Ashton Addington on either 01908 929051 or aaddington (at) technet-it (dot) co (dot) uk