We came across interesting new jobs at Mojang, Firaxis Games, Riot Games, and Wevr – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Sweden), Sound Designer (MD, US), Audio Lead (China), and Audio Designer/Implementer (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Intern at Infinity Ward (CA, US), Sound Design Intern at PlayStation (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer, Sound Designer and Undergraduate Placement Sound Designer at Sumo Sheffield (UK), Senior Composer at Riot Games (CA, US), Post-Production Audio Engineer at Fox Networks Group (CA, US), Sr. Technical Audio Artist at Bioware (AB, Canada), Audio Artist – Technical Speech Implementation (Contract) at EA (FL, US), and Director Audio at FoxNext (CA, US).
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
At Mojang, we create games, products and services to inspire creativity. We develop games with a strong community focus and put players first in everything we do. Our games are built for everyone, because we believe in demonstrating equality and not just talking about it. Minecraft is growing, through new games and old. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Sound Designer to join our Audio team!
As a Sound Designer, you will contribute to all aspects of sound design, from post-production to implementation, and be dedicated to provide innovative audio in all areas of the Minecraft franchise – games, products and marketing. At Mojang, we value unique, high quality sounds and source control, which means that most of our audio assets are recorded by conducting field and studio recordings. In other words, if we need a panda sound – we go visit the pandas! Further on, you will process created SFX for in-game use and other franchise services. As a Sound Designer here at Mojang, you will be making audio for over 100 million monthly active players, meaning you’ll have an artistic responsibility in expanding the Minecraft universe!
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience in conducting field and studio recordings, as well as post production.
- Knowledge of current pro audio tools (daws, microphones, outboard gear etc).
To succeed in this role we believe that you are collaborative and achieve your expectations through communication and teamwork, since you will be collaborating with peers and stakeholders across our Stockholm and Redmond studios, as well as with external partners. You are responsive and can understand the needs of others to ensure delivery of desired results, as well as having the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback. Further on, you are an organized problem-solver and have the capacity to embrace both creative and technical challenges of our game audio.
Studio location: Stockholm
Reports to: Audio Director
Employment type: Fulltime
Mojang is a Microsoft-owned game developer studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are best known as the creators of Minecraft, and are currently working on several new games, a movie, a board game, and lots more – all within the Minecraft franchise.
To help us create amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and inspiration required to create world-class entertainment. But of course, the people of Mojang are what makes this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us achieve it!
Mojang strives to be a diverse and inclusive studio and if you think this job sounds like your passion, you are more than welcome to apply, no matter who you are or where you are from.
Company: Firaxis Games
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Audio Designer to help take our games to the next level. As an Audio Designer you will work closely with the Project Audio Director, Art Director, Lead UI Designer, Lead Producer, and Lead Designer to create compelling and original audio experiences for our games. We’re looking for someone who is excited about contributing to our unique and popular franchises and is eager to work with our experienced and award-winning audio team and development teams. We’re open to both full-time permanent positions and temporary off-site contract opportunities.
- Mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of in-game sound effects, VO, and possibly music
- Creation of all forms of Sound Design (environmental/ambience, UI sounds, creatures, VO, animation, cinematic, etc)
- Recording VO or Scratch VO for marketing materials
- Assisting with the various out-of-house VO sessions
- 3-5 years game development experience focused on audio design
- 2 or more shipped game titles
- Significant experience with mixing, recording, editing, and implementation of sounds in a game development setting
- An understanding of the basic principles of good audio design
- A passion for audio design and making games
- Extensive knowledge of the current standards of audio design in the game industry
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, and Pro Tools or equivalent DAW
- Compositional ability is a plus
- Audio programming experience is a plus
- Ability to work off-site and provide your own gear a major plus
Company: Riot Games
Location: Hong Kong, China
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing more than 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. On top of this, we’re currently building teams for Project A, a character-based tactical shooter, and Project L, our take on the fighting game genre.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams. The Hong Kong Studio is looking for talented, passionate people across all aspects of game development to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world… and to make great games!
We focus on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That’s where you come in.
As an Audio Lead, you’ll drive the efforts with other creative passionate individuals, rally them around the ultimate goal to build exquisite sound assets for Legends of Runeterra. Ideating, implementing and conceiving audio content for our games, your work with various different teams, defining sound, music and other audio needs, as well as develop solutions to complex audio problems. Audio Leads are seasoned veterans in not only the craft of interactive game audio but also the ability to inspire and mentor others.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with discipline leads of the product to identify and set audio objectives and timelines for the product
- Develop audio vision and strategy, ensuring all sound design content of a project is delivered
- Establish audio goals that align with the product goals, and communicate how the audio goals support the product’s mission to leadership and team members
- Work with external partners and teams to ensure the appropriate process and pipeline is in place for effective collaboration.
- Run weekly work-in-progress reviews, audio playtests, feedback sessions, and more, to create high-quality audio experiences for players
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for features, systems, and other areas using industry-standard methods and tools.
- Build and maintain a sustainable and scalable approach for audio production for HK studio’s projects
- Accountable for execution – craft and implement action plans for the future success of the team and project, with an emphasis on tangible results
- Handle performance and elevate direct reports through mentoring & coaching
- Set up and manage sound studios, audio hardware, and equipment.
- 7+ years experience developing sound for game, or shipped multiple AAA titles
- Experience managing external partners
- Experience in setting up sound studios, audio hardware, and software setup
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.)
- Working with sound design creation tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) and techniques
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques
- Expertise in technical implementation and Wwise audio middleware.
- Interested parties are encouraged to participate in the audio test, to assess craft compatibility
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Worked with Reaktor and synthesizers
- Experience with music implementation
- Scripting or node-based implementation
- Wwise – (Wwise certification is a Plus)
- Experience in turn-based multiplayer games
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
When it comes to creating mind blowing immersive experiences Wevr, a pioneering immersive entertainment studio, knows the game! With some of the top talent in the industry, not only do we work hard to create an environment that helps us attract the best, we cultivate a culture with more opportunities for our team to continue to thrive.
Hiring a mix of the best talent, from seasoned industry veterans to talented rising stars, our goal is to incorporate diversity that garners new perspectives and experiences. We love working with brave talent who thrive in navigating the waters of the ever-evolving modern interactive entertainment world.
We have an exciting, groundbreaking, multiplayer, story driven VR project in the works and are looking for an Audio Designer / Implementer with strong UE4 experience to join our team in Venice, California. Our ideal candidate will help realize our goal of delivering the most immersive VR experiences possible.
About the Job:
As Audio Designer / Implementer you will be part of the team working on a new, unannounced project based on one of the foremost popular IPs in the world today. The right candidate will be multifaceted and self-motivated with shipped project experience under their belt and is ready to come in and make an immediate impact on our projects.
- Coordinate with the interactive and animation teams to solve problems and create amazing audio narratives and experiences.
- Work with UE4 blueprints and data assets to hook up and test audio.
- Evaluate audio mix and implementation of audio assets in-game and adjust according to needs.
- Help with linear trailer or promo video sound editing and mixing.
- Organize and manage sound libraries and created audio assets.
- Finish tasks on schedule and be able to manage and prioritize tasks within the given timelines.
- Familiarity designing, editing, mixing, compression & mastering audio using DAWs such as Reaper, Logic or similar.
- 3+ years as part of an audio team with 2+ shipped titles.
- Experience implementing content for interactive media.
- Firm grasp of audio engineering fundamentals for studio and field recording.
- Experience with UE4 audio engine features such as sound cues, sound classes, mixes, audio components strongly preferred.
- Experience with Unreal editor, including scripting, level editor, animation and level sequence editors.
- Experience with 3rd party spatialization plugins such as Steam Audio (Phonon) a plus.
- Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into a game build.
- Familiarity with audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
- Strong self-management and problem-solving skills.