We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft, Hangar 13, Rebellion Oxford, and TaleWorlds – and they’re looking for an Audio Director (Romania), Audio Designer (Dialogue) (CA, US), Audio Designer (England), and Sound Designer (Turkey).
We also found openings for a Podcast Producer at iHeartMEDIA (GA, US), Audio Designer at Sounding Sweet (England), Senior Audio Engineer at Unity (Remote (US)), Audio Artist – SFX at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Sound Programmer and Audio Designer at Avalanche Studios (Sweden), Audio Programmer at Avalanche Studios (England), Sound Designer at NetherRealm (IL, US), Specialist, Sound Technology at Netflix (Netherlands), Sound Mixer at BuzzFeed (CA, US), Music Intern at Sonic Symphony (CA, US), Sound Designer at 8Bit (Remote (Europe)), Technical Sound Deisgner at Wonderstorm (CA, US), and Open Recruitment – Composers/Sound Designers/Mix Engineers at miuG (Japan). Happy job hunting!
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Define and lead the audio strategy for a project, with ultimate responsibility and accountability for all audio aspects of the project. Champion audio within the project and the studios.Responsibilities
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Create and establish the audio vision, both artistic and technical, based on the creative direction of the project;
- Determine initial requirements of the project and establish a technical budget with the Producer and Director, incorporating necessary metrics for Audio Design to meet audio vision;
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Promote best work practices within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Produce and Execute Audio Direction, maintaining throughout project through reviews, feedback and modification/course correction as needed;
- Work with all other Directors to ensure audio direction is both synergised with and able to enhance, all other game elements;
- Design and implement complex audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with Programmers and Technical Directors to ensure proper integration;
- Ensure that the production processes are followed within the project’s general production pipeline;
- Proactively promote project audio throughout project development and prototyping, encouraging focus on sound during playtests and review sessions;
- Ensure Audio Team focus is spread evenly across project with support for elements including UI, menus, signs and feedback or gameplay;
- Attend all relevant meetings and accurately report back and action the content and findings where necessary;
- Engage in travel when requested by Lead Studio, Producers or Studio Management in order to maintain relationships and strengthen the knowledge and workings of the whole project;
- Represent the studio at group level for Audio, maintain awareness of audio challenges and innovations both within Ubisoft and outside to ensure studio is prepared;
- Work with Audio Lead to define and prepare for the future of the Audio Team including, training, a dedicated audio space, relevant software/hardware, and potential project opportunities.
- Mastery of DAW systems (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sound forge, Reaper);
- In -depth knowledge of the audio engines currently on the market (e.g. Wwise, FMOD);
- Good understanding about technical budgeting of audio for games (CPU, RAM, disk I/O, etc), and best optimization practices;
- Previous experience in leading or directing the audio of one or more projects (e.g. game, television, film);
- Great communication skills and a team-focused mindset;
- An aptitude for keeping up to date on current market trends and emerging audio design advances;
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production : creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT : delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control : guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world. We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ubisoftro/ Company Description
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games