We came across interesting new jobs at Audio UX (NYC, US), ZeniMax (Japan), Nintendo (WA, US), and Frostkeep (CA, US) – and they’re looking for a UX Sound Designer, Sound Designers, and Audio Engineer.
We also found openings for an Audio Software Engineer at Turtle Beach (CA, US), Senior Audio Software Engineer at Magic Leap (CA, US), Sound Designer at Interactive (Malta), Audio Editor/Mixer at Pixelogic (CA, US), Sound Designer at Phoenix International Publications (IL, US), and Frankenstein Sound Designer at A Noise Within (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Music Analyst at Ubisoft (MH, India),
Senior Dialogue Designer at EA/Respawn (LA, CA, US), Sound Designer at Amazon Game Studios (Irvine, CA, US), Sound Designer at Psyonix (San Diego, CA, US), QA Engineer Intern at Krotos Audio (Edinburgh, Scotland). Happy job hunting!
Company: Audio UX
Location: New York, NY, US
Audio UX is a next-generation audio branding agency committed to user-first audio design in a wide variety of brand and product experiences. We make deeply-considered sounds for real-live human beings.
We are seeking a contract UX Sound Designer to support our creative team during branded sound design initiatives with potential cross-over into music composition and strategy work. The UX Sound Designer will work closely with AUX creatives and team leads to develop high-level audio design for a variety of product experiences. Ideal candidates are based in NYC and are extremely organized and self-motivated, possessing a fiercely creative spirit, acute attention to detail and a desire to do things differently. Looking for creatives who have the ability to work remotely but who are open to working within our Manhattan studios.
- Create elevated UX sound design and audio experiences for brands and products including, but not limited to, apps, Bluetooth speakers, autonomous vehicles, voice skills, etc.
- Revise and iterate on creative assets based on Audio UX feedback
- Translate brand attributes/positioning into scalable audio assets, sometimes with written justification
- Deliver leveled audio at the correct file specifications and volume. Potential to assist Project Manager with preparation and finalization of client deliverables
- Learn and adhere to file naming conventions
- Continuous study of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies
- Participate in brand research when necessary
- Possess a deep desire to change the way the world sounds and improve human experience through audio
- Proven experience as a sound designer for products, brands, podcasts or video games (music composition and production a plus)
- Technical expertise and proficiency with Ableton Live and popular 3rd party virtual instruments and plugins
- Experience meeting demanding deadlines in a fast-paced design environment
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and Video Chat
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Gmail
- Team player with more heart than ego
This is a freelance assignment. While we are currently seeking part-time contractor applicants, we are open to a full-time opportunity for exceptional candidates. This position requires agility, flexibility and discipline to work within creative constraints, often against tight deadlines.
Full Time Opportunity
Location: Tokyo, Japan
One of the best game players in the game industry, Zenimax Media, which sells game titles such as Sky Rim, Psycho Break and Fallout under the Bethesda brand. Among them, Tango Game Works, a Tokyo-based affiliation studio, is a development studio with a focus on creating games from the creators’ point of view.
• You will be responsible for in-game voice production and sound design.
• Sound effect production
• Voice editing, asset management
• Collaboration with director, scenario writer, localization team (domestic / overseas)
• Since the work of Tango Gameworks is basically released worldwide, the number of assets becomes large depending on the language that supports localization, and the quality management becomes a very important job.
• Sound design work experience (industry regardless)
• Six weeks of voice production experience (business industry no questions)
• Foreign language localization production work experience (industry regardless)
• Production work experience using DAW
• Flexible communication skills
• Japanese ability
• Professional knowledge about recording, editing and processing
• Practical production experience with audio middleware
• Recording engineer experience
• Review and adjustment experience of current translation contents
• English ability
Human resources to seek
• Those who are passionate about audio production of high-end games such as PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC
• People who have flexible ideas for game audio
• If you want to challenge to make things worldwide
• Confident in managing large amounts of audio assets and scripts
• Confident in flexible and appropriate communication with related parties
Rewarding / interesting
• In recent games, voice (voice) is an important element in conveying the story. The “charm” and “depth” of each character changes greatly depending on the quality of the sound.
• Sound production in games is a more interactive field that expresses changes in response to the player’s situation. The sound is not visible, but sometimes it affects the player’s immersiveness, shakes the emotions, and even speaks eloquently to the story. The work of the sound designer is not limited to just producing sound effects, but it is also possible to design the quality of the play experience itself.
• New attempts may involve technical issues that need to be solved, but by solving and realizing them with ideas and creativity, the fun and possibilities are more than just producing sound effects. .
• CV / resume of work
• Works that can appeal to their own skills such as works that have been involved so far, or planning documents, etc. (type, number, content, etc. are not relevant)
• Work description (specification software and production period, in the case of group production, specify the responsible department)
Company: Nintendo of America Inc.
Location: Redmond, WA, US
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Collaborate with clients, director/producer to get proper sound
• Evaluate projects for specific sound requirements
• Record, edit, mix various sound sources
• Responsible for final mix of broadcast and web-based videos
• Sweeten or add effects to audio in post-production
• Operate various types of video and still cameras
• Create and maintain sound libraries
• Resolve technical issues related to sound, when they arise
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
• 5 to 7 years working in video production emphasis on audio recording and mixing
• Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques
• Expert knowledge of sound acquisition and recording equipment
• Expert knowledge of various types of audio software including Pro Tools and Audition
• Working knowledge of Adobe CC (Premiere, After Effects)
• Must be well-versed in broadcast audio standards
• Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds
• Ability to effectively move about an office campus
• Undergraduate degree, degree in audio/sound engineering
Company: Frostkeep Studios
Location: Irvine, CA, US
At Frostkeep Studios, we are always looking for talented, smart and creative people who share our vision of making the best products we possibly can. As a small company, we consider ourselves a family and we’re hoping to find more team players with a multitude of skills who want to grow with us. We have big plans for our studio and are looking for a Sound Designer to assist us in these efforts.
The Sound Designer will be instrumental in establishing and driving all aspects of audio production including the audio vision and goals for the studio’s new projects and initiatives. Ideal candidates will be proactive, flexible, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, highly collaborative start-up-like environment.
- Create sound design, voice-over processing, and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the studio and its products.
- Source appropriate sounds and have working knowledge of industry standard sound libraries and programs.
- Develop and execute the strategy for all audio elements of the studio’s games.
- Work closely with design team to push sound-based gameplay and act as the feature owner for these aspects.
- Collaborate with design team to establish objectives and goals for all aspects of audio production including specific sounds, voice-overs, and music.
- Playtest and explore all aspects of the studio’s games to identify places and options for sound additions and creations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates.
- Working knowledge in technical design and implementation of all audio systems in Unreal Engine.
- Experience with sound design of characters, ambiance, spells, UI, notifications, and other audio features.
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills for game audio systems.
- Ability to self-direct and work against a schedule.
- Strong collaborative spirit.
- Experience with post-production work for marketing materials.
- Working knowledge of Creature Sounds.
- Experience composing and/or music authoring.
- Experience in Unreal Engine.
- Experience recording, editing and designing sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools.
Frostkeep Studios is located in sunny Southern California in the city of Irvine, just a block from the Irvine Transit Station allowing for easy travel to the studio. Frostkeep Studios offers great benefits, including several work-from-home opportunities, new hardware, unlimited PTO, and more!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at jobs (at) frostkeep (dot) com and include your LinkedIn profile URL with your application. An in-person interview will be required. (Candidates only, no recruiters please!)