We came across interesting new jobs at PikPok, Playdemic, Audible, and Team17 – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (New Zealand), Audio Engineer (England), Sound Designer (NJ, US), and Junior Audio Designer (England).
We o found openings for an Audio Designer at Team17 (England), Senior Audio Designer at Hangar 13 (England), UX Sound Designer at Amazon (WA, US), Video Storyteller at Amazon (WA, US), Director of Audio at theSkimm (NY, US), Audio Intern at VICE Media (NY, US), Video Editor/Producer at Microsoft (WA, US), and Audio Technical Designer at ARTECH (WA, US), and Senior Audio Engineer at ZeniMax Online Studios (MD, US).
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
We’re PikPok, New Zealand’s longest standing game developer, and we make great game experiences. We want to create and entertain, while being successful and enjoying what we do. Over the years, we’ve built lots of games for all sorts of platforms, including titles like Into the Dead 2, Rival Stars: Horse Racing and Agent Intercept. Our teams are small, and everyone involved can contribute to the decisions that shape the products.
We’re always working to build and maintain an inclusive, safe and fun studio culture. We have an amazing group of designers, artists, programmers and support staff and we’re looking to add to it. Audio is a massive part of our games. Our award-winning soundtracks are varied and exciting, from the trance of Shatter, to the Celtic-punk of Adventure Express, to the lyrical comedy of Dungeon Inc., we pride ourselves in producing sound that enhances every aspect of the player’s experience.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and passionate individualto enhance our audio team enabling them to deliver amazing soundscapes for globally successful games on digital platforms like mobile, PC, social or web.
• You love gamesand you love audio!!!
• You are a great communicator & team player.
• You have a fantastic ear for detail.
• You are self-motivated but canwork well under pressure and strict guidelines.
• You are as happy editing and manipulating existing soundscapes as you are at creating and implementing new audio.
• You will help deliver the audio vision for our games and be proactive in ensuring that our games meet industry best-practices in sound.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates and those with a range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences.Responsibilities●Work with the game development team and game design team to create world-class, highly entertaining audio for ourgame titles.
• Work directly with the rest of PikPok’s audio team to deliver game audioasrequired.
• Undertake audiodesign tasks as directed including, but notlimited to: sound creation, sound editing, voice editing, music mixing.
• Implement audio directly into games using industry tools, such as Unity and FMOD.
• Arrange and document meetings as required.
• Meld to the needs of the team, filling other duties as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 3+ years audio editing and creationexperience.
• Good knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations[e.g. Logic X or Pro-tools]
• Good self-managementskills.
• Great ability to work with others in a collaborative environment.
• Skilled with Unity.
• Skilled with FMOD.
• Familiarity with games, particularly mobile titles.
• Understanding of limitations for audio in mobile titles.
• Good ability to pick up new toolsand processes quickly.
• Burning desire to make fantasticsounding, highly entertaining games.
Please send your application along with a digital copy of your résumé/CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact details can be found below and by visiting us online at www.pikpok.com
Location: Manchester, UK
Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., are looking for an experienced Sound Designer to work with our talented team on the continual development of features and content on our smash hit mobile game, Golf Clash. You will be able show a strong portfolio of experience working on games, ideally in the mobile space, and have experience of working in a fast-paced dynamic team.
As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating new sound effects for features and content as well as reviewing and improving existing effects and music on the game. You will need to be able to consider technical limitations and create high quality assets with these limits in mind.
Core Skills & Experience
- HND or above in a related Audio field or relevant Game Audio experience as to meet a similar technical level.
- Professional understanding of Game Audio technology.
- Creating SFX, from library or original recordings.
- Editing music files (all aspects), to make game-ready.
- Detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins.
- The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
- Awareness of Memory/Disc/ISO management.
- Working with artists, animators and programmers in determining solutions to problems.
- Assisting in testing audio on release platforms.
- Previous games industry experience.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
At Playdemic, we know that the only way to make world-class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We have recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space, which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings.
Here some of the amazing features we have added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces
- Height adjustable desks throughout
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
- We’ve even installed a beer tap!
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world’s largest media companies
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on products
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we are looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision-making that creates a shared culture of success.
Location: Newark, NJ, US
The candidate must have a solid background in the technical aspects of manipulating digital audio as well as a complete understanding of hard disk recording and non-linear editing; all skills which are required to perform the various intricacies of long form and short form digital spoken word editing, QA, mastering, mixing, scoring, and sound design.
It is also imperative that the sound designer have a strong command of the English language and its grammatical construct beyond that of common usage. This combination of skills is most often found in those who have had experience in communications, have a theater background, studied literature or read it often.
· Working with in-house/out-of-house team members/stakeholders to fulfill production needs and goals;
· Editorial support/guidance on all Post aspects of a production, such as sound design, scoring, and creation of impactful storytelling through an audio-only format;
· Manage production processes as designated point person;
· Technical/Non-technical duties related to production of all content;
· Editing audio, punch- or straight-record, into a top-notch retail-ready production;
· Mastering/Mixing/Scoring/Sound Designing audio and creating industry standard, retail-ready final products with good levels and clean sound.
· QA (Quality Assurance) checking of fully-produced content;
· The ability to engineer and direct productions at Audible Studios;
· Assisting and communicating with narrators, producers, and other 3rd party clients;
· Exercise independent judgment with assorted clerical and organizational duties;
· Maintenance of production spreadsheets and maintaining production records in our online database;
· 7+ years’ experience working in audio production (engineering/directing), editing, mixing, sound design, scoring, and mastering. Podcast and documentary experience is strongly preferred;
· Meticulous attention to detail, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a very short timeframe;
· Knowledge of audio editing and hard-disk recording software, including Pro-Tools, Reaper, & Sound Forge;
· Ability to edit audio “punch-record” or “straight-record” into a professional production rapidly, without sacrificing quality;
· Familiarity with Izotope RX for Audio Repair and Restoration
· Commercial-level experience with and an understanding of the audio drama culture and its requirements (sense of pacing, storytelling, rhythm, personal interactions with artists, etc.);
· Creative, solution-oriented team player who takes direction well, and can easily adapt to new, changing workflows;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
· A self-motivated, proactive performer;
· Excited to work in a very fast-paced creative environment;
· Bachelor of Arts, Science or related degree. Theater, English, and Audio Engineering majors encouraged to apply;
· An avid listener with a passion and love of spoken word.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Wakefield, UK
Team 17 is one of the industry’s leading games studios, with a multitude of diverse IP’s across all platforms. Our award-winning business is now looking to expand…
We are currently looking to add a rising star to our audio team. The role we are wanting to fill is for a Junior Audio Designer. This role is heavily reliant on music composition, so the potential candidate must be comfortable with composing both linear and interactive musical content.
Please provide a showreel along with your application that demonstrates both sound design and music composition examples.
- Help deliver high quality audio on multiple projects (this includes both music & sound design)
- Understand & maintain the audio vision set out by the audio lead
- Help Implement audio using a variety of middleware and game engines (Fmod/Wwise/Unity/Unreal)
- Test all aspects of created audio in-game to ensure playback is as intended and fit for release
- Regularly review your work with senior team members to ensure a strong and consistent audio style is maintained
- Assist in both linear & interactive music composition
- Learn to build good communication/coordination between audio & dev team disciplines
- Work with senior team members to troubleshoot and seek solutions to any audio related problems
- Proficient in at least one DAW (Reaper is a plus)
- Evident music composition & sound design skillset – Proven in demo reel
- Ability to create original music & sound for a range of styles/content
- Understand relevant audio software (DAWS/Synthesis/Restoration tools, etc.)
- Energetic and flexible approach with the ability to accept critical feedback in a professional manner
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Aim to be pro-active & organised to help maintain high standards whilst adhering to project deadlines
- A passion for sound/music in games & other forms of audio-visual media
- An understanding of surround, interactive & linear mixing