We came across new job openings at Pixar, Build a Rocket Boy Games, Cold Iron Studios, and Audio Eyes – and they’re looking for an Assistant Music and Sound Editor, Lead Audio Designer, Senior Audio Designer, and Audio Engineer.
We also have found openings for a Lead Audio Programmer at Build a Rocket Boy Games, Musician Intern at Rare, Audio Administrator at Creative Assembly, Sound Technician/Designer at Oklahoma City University, Sound Designer and Mixer at IdeaMachine Studio, and Full-time Faculty – Audio at Dream Center Education Holdings. Happy job hunting – and happy holidays from us at Soundlister!
Location: Emeryville, CA, USA
The Assistant Music and Sound Editor provides technical and creative support to the music and sound editorial department. Please note that this is an entry-level position.
Music Editing Support
• Under the direction of the Senior Music Editors and Music & Sound Editor, Ancillary, help find and place specific music cues in sequences
• Maintain Filemaker Music Library: Catalog and digitize music cues
• Help maintain Avid Mx Repository
• Help conform and share stems/sessions between Avid and ProTools
• Research emerging film scores and composers
Sound Effects Editing Support
• Process sound effects into Netmix and other sound databases and help maintain and upgrade software
• Prep and/or edit sound effects
• Conform sound cuts to picture changes
• Light ProTools troubleshooting and maintenance
• Prepare and execute audio file transfers and conversion (e.g., FTP & sdII–>aiff)
• Layback audio to video: check sync, multi-track collapses, etc.
• Ensure quality control with critical monitoring
• Assist in the development of sound studio standards & practices
• Media management: video, audio
• Maintain department back ups
• Minimum 3 years experience with ProTools
• Minimum 3 years experience with Macintosh OS (mid-high level user)
• Minimum 1 year track laying experience (e.g., Avid, Final Cut Pro, sync, surround)
• Responsible, excellent attention to detail. Self-starting, team player
• Ability to multi-task and remain steady under pressure
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Inquisitive and creative problem solver
• Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
• Recording engineer experience is a plus
• Basic music theory and/or music training experience is a plus
• Experience with database programs like Filemaker and Soundminer is a plus
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION
Company: Build a Rocket Boy Games
Location: Edinburgh, UK
As Lead Audio Designer, you will create and implement audio, drive a team of audio designers, working in an open world games environment with endless soundscape possibilities. You will have strong decision-making abilities both technically and creatively. You will be able to work with the audio coders to design audio systems such as dialogue, collision, ambience, cinematics and score.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. All applicants should submit links to a current show-reel of their work outlining their input.
• Design and implement immersive audio, of an exceptional standard, for an open world game.
• Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Programmer following their direction.
• Take ownership of the day-to-day audio tasks such as design, admin duties, scheduling, communicating with the script, animation, art, cinematic, dialogue and music departments.
• Manage offsite vendor relationships. Supervise and attend foley or dialogue recording sessions.
• 3 – 5 years industry experience in a Lead or Senior role having shipped at least 2 AAA titles.
• Experience in all aspects of audio process – recording, SFX design, dialogue, ambience, procedural audio and physics.
• Expert knowledge of – Wwise, surround sound, VR audio, Ambisonics, middleware, audio channel counts, memory budgets, submission builds, Perforce, Multi-player audio, console compression, channel counts and audio banks.
• Highly organised technical and creative problem solver with a positive attitude is a must.
• Ability to deal with challenging audio related tasks.
• Strong communication and leadership skills to work across multiple teams.
• Extensive technical knowledge of open world audio.
• Be up-to-date with the current gen audio techniques, software and available tech.
• Have meticulous attention to detail and a passion for game audio.
• Strong English skills, both written and verbal are essential.
Company: Cold Iron Studios
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Designer to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you passionate about using audio to help make players immersed in the world you’re helping to create? Do you have an appreciation for the Aliens movies and want to contribute to the expansion of the world?
Here’s the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where you’ll help own the audio design for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
• Working with the project leads to set the standard and deliver a AAA audio experience by utilizing expertise in gameplay audio, dialog processing, integration and final mixing.
• Design immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the narrative.
• Working with the project leads to set the standard for music in the game. Oversee and manage external resources to build the soundtrack for the game.
• Working closely and effectively with others in cross-discipline teams during implementation and iteration.
• Troubleshoot audio issues, optimizing to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
• Collaborate with engineers to build and refine audio tools.
• Self-manage audio quality and efficiency standards to meet milestone deliverables.
• Owning the final mix for the SFX, voice over and music in the game.
Your Career Progression:
Do the best work of your career! No, really, that’s what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
• 5+ years’ experience in video game development with multiple titles shipped.
• Experience shipping at least one title using Wwise.
• Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
• Enjoys playing and creating games.
• Self-driven with strong communication skills.
• Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership.
• Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player.
Would Love to See:
• Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Experience with music and dialog systems in Unreal.
• 4-year Bachelor’s degree.
• Or equivalent industry experience.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness:
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Business Travel Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Referral Program
• Education Reimbursement
• Fitness Club Discounts
• Training and Development
• Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
• Merchandise Discounts
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.
About our Location:
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
Company: Audio Eyes
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Record voice over; edit VO tracks; mix VO with program audio; conform audio to picture; conform Pro Tools sessions to client specs; transfer media to/from FTP secure servers; adhere to strict media security protocols; apply localization standards
Thorough understanding of Pro Tools 12; experience editing voice tracks to broadcast standards; experience recording voice over; experience mixing voice/dialogue tracks; experience using FTP software; able and willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Experience supervising scripts during shoot/recording; experience directing talent; experience handling ADR; experience working in high security environment; excellent Pro Tools trouble shooting; experience managing media production work flow and digital audio archives/storage
About Audio Eyes:
Audio post, localization, audio description specialists serving broadcast/cable networks, independent media producers/distributors, Universities, Government agencies, etc. to make media accessible, increase audience, and meet state/federal regulations. Offering select services and full service audio description (and other localization services) Services include: AD scripts, QC, VO casting, VO creation, audio editing/mixing.