We came across interesting new jobs at Playdemic, Creative Assembly, Compulsion Games, and ProbablyMonsters – and they’re looking for an Audio Engineer (England), Game Producer – Audio (England), Sound Designer (QC, Canada), and Senior Sound Designer (WA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Director at Ubisoft Leamington (England), Audio Software Engineer at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Music Curation Manager at Twitch (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Respawn (CA, US), Senior QA Analyst for Audio at Criterion (England), Music Composer at Gearbox Software (TX, US), DSP Audio Algorithm Engineer at Facebook (WA, US), and Game Audio Course Director at Full Sail University (FL, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lead Re-recording Mixer at Pip Studios (England), Technical Audio Designer at Hardsuit Labs (WA, US / Remote), Junior Sound Designer at PlayStation (England), Sound Designer at PlayStation (England), and Senior Sound Designer at PlayStation (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Hear how Mojang’s audio team took the sound of Minecraft into a new direction with Minecraft Dungeons. Get excellent bonus sounds from Sound Response with your order of $100 or more. Craig Henighan, Will Files and Mark Paterson take you behind the sound for the ‘Battle of Starcourt’ episode of Stranger Things, and Coll Anderson gives the in-depth story behind the making of his now-legendary ‘Battle Crowds’ sound effect library.
Location: Manchester, UK
Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., are looking for an experienced Sound Designer to work with our talented team on the continual development of features and content on our smash hit mobile game, Golf Clash. You will be able show a strong portfolio of experience working on games, ideally in the mobile space, and have experience of working in a fast-paced dynamic team.
As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating new sound effects for features and content as well as reviewing and improving existing effects and music on the game. You will need to be able to consider technical limitations and create high quality assets with these limits in mind.
Core Skills & Experience
- HND or above in a related Audio field or relevant Game Audio experience as to meet a similar technical level.
- Professional understanding of Game Audio technology.
- Creating SFX, from library or original recordings.
- Editing music files (all aspects), to make game-ready.
- Detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins.
- The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
- Awareness of Memory/Disc/ISO management.
- Working with artists, animators and programmers in determining solutions to problems.
- Assisting in testing audio on release platforms.
- Previous games industry experience.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
At Playdemic, we know that the only way to make world-class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We have recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space, which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings.
Here some of the amazing features we have added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces
- Height adjustable desks throughout
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
- We’ve even installed a beer tap!
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world’s largest media companies
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on products
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we are looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision-making that creates a shared culture of success.
Company: Creative Assembly
Location: Horsham, UK
Joining the award winning and quality focused Audio Department at Creative Assembly, in the role of Game Producer for Audio you will work as a key facilitator, across multiple assigned titles, enabling and helping steer our teams to meet their schedule and deliverable targets.
You will work side by side with key personnel such as other Producers and the Audio Director. The role will be suited to someone who is passionate about the audio arts and ideally has experience dealing with audio production and its multi-disciplines (sound design, dialogue, music and programming). You will be a highly organised individual, who relishes the challenge and variety in coordinating multiple project workflows, enjoys improving or learning new planning and project management methodologies, interfacing with many individuals, and is proactive in resolving project blockers and dependencies.
As a Total War Producer for Audio, adhering to the wider project schedules, your primary responsibilities are to plan, organise and deliver the weekly workload sprints across the multi-disciplined department, taking the project scopes and working collaboratively with the audio leads and Directors, ensuring that tasks are scheduled and assigned to appropriate individuals, adhering to any internal or external dependencies, and ensuring they deliver on time.
You will monitor team performance, while keeping up to date with the wider project and staff changes, adapting team workflows and plans where need be. You will produce weekly status reports for the department, keeping leads and directors always up to date with project status and propose solutions to planning and delivery issues identified.
You will communicate a lot, both with the internal audio department but also external teams and other stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are factored in to planning and delivery, and that project updates are visible and understood.
This is not a content producing role.
- Relevant experience in project management with a good understanding of planning scheduling, process, tracking and resource allocation
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary audio teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You will be aware of potential and current issues and offer practical and realistic plans to resolve them
- Able to identify and assess risks and communicate ways to mitigate them
- Always looking for ways to improve our process, team or project
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Enthusiastic, with a genuine passion for audio and games
- Knowledge of the Total War Franchise
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with Agile and other methodologies
- Previous experience working with one or more of:
- Audio post-production or game audio production (in-house)
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support with a dedicated learning and development. We offer among other activities; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite confidential wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
- Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Company: Compulsion Games
Location: Montrael, QC, Canada
Compulsion Games is a first party game studio and subsidiary of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, located in Montreal, Canada. We are a boutique team of industry veterans, who trust and respect each other and love our craft. Our games have won praise for their art, music, world building and narrative. We are now working on our next project! We like to take on troublesome themes. We try to make characters with compelling, human flaws. We mix darkness and comedy.The role
The Sound Designer will help create and implement sound elements into our game.
Follow Audio direction to concept, create and integrate interactive and linear sound design in Wwise and UE4.
Mix and master audio assets and systems.
Record, edit and catalog assets produced from field recording and studio sessions.
Managing a vast library of audio assets for our projects.
3-5 years of experience in game audio design
Shipped at least one AA or AAA game
High proficiency with Wwise
Advanced knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools and Reaper, as well as sample editors and plug-ins
Proficient with UE4
Experienced working in various surround formats.
Interactive music implementation
In depth understanding of UE4 blueprints
Solid time management and organization
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.THE ROLE
Our studio is looking for a Senior Sound Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing world-class sound effects, helping our Audio Director and Game Director achieve their creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an exceptional sound designer that has a diverse portfolio of outstanding content.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance.
- You strive to advance the art and science of game audio, taking audio experiences to the next level for gamers while finding ways to improve the workflow and pipeline for the audio team.
- You are both creative and technical, understanding that implementation and mixing play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience.
- You are a team player who can collaborate across disciplines but can also work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- Designing and implementing sounds for cinematics and/or interactive content.
- Meeting with the Audio Director and/or Game Director to review your most recent work.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and to give notes on the game as a whole.
- Working with a Gameplay Designer to make sure your sounds are supporting gameplay mechanics and feedback.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Programmer and the Audio Director to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipeline.
- Field or foley recording to augment our proprietary SFX library.
- You have a proven ability to create visceral and immersive audio experiences in games.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio implementation tools and technologies.
- You have significant field and studio recording experience.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.