We came across interesting new jobs at Probably Monsters, Microsoft, CD Projekt, and Larian Studios – and they’re looking for an Audio Director, Audio Designer, Audio QA Analyst, and Senior Sound Designer.
We also found openings for a Speech Audio Artist at EA (BC, Canada), Senior Sound Designer at Gearbox (TX, US), Audio Designer at Raven (WI, US), Audio Director at Foxnext Games (CA, US), Audio Designer III at IGT (NV, US), Mastering Engineer/Sound Designer at Adonde Media (NY, US), and an Assistive Technology Professional Internship at Disneyland (CA, US) and Disney World (FL, US).
Company: Probably Monsters
Location: Issaquah, WA, US
Our studio is looking for an Audio Director who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Audio Director is responsible for developing and communicating an inspiring soundscape, advocating for a game that sounds incredible, and helping the Game Director to achieve the creative vision.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love making video games and can empathize deeply with our players.
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in all audio disciplines. You find it deeply satisfying to exceed expectations of how great you can make a game sound.
- You have successfully led audio teams to victory and have significant experience working well with project leadership.
- Your audio direction comes across as consistent, reliable, and easy to understand.
- You are literate enough in the other development disciplines to understand how each component is affected by your team’s work.
- You are technical enough to have a deep understanding of how audio direction translates into the game medium and how recent innovations can help your team succeed.
- You know how to effectively convey gameplay information to the player through audio within the context of a consistent, immersive soundscape.
- You have shipped at least two successful AAA titles from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine and Wwise is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Reviewing the most recent audio content and writing up notes for next steps.
- Meeting with engineering leadership for your weekly sync to discuss tools and workflow.
- Working with the Game Director to collaborate on notes for a proposal for a new character.
- Implementing audio for a new feature.
- Taking a newly hired Audio Designer out to lunch to talk about games they’ve been playing & movies they’re looking forward to.
- Syncing with a contract composer for progress on a new piece of music.
PROBABLYMONSTERS was founded with the belief that small teams can build genre-defining games without sacrificing their well-being. We believe that a studio who prioritizes culture in team, quality in products, candor in communication, predictability in projects, and honest alignment in leadership is the best way to meet this goal.
Location: Vancouver, BC, US
The Audio Designer is responsible for creating original sound effects, recording and editing foley, music and dialogue as required and integrating these assets into a game engine and audio middleware.
You will have the opportunity to work on AAA console titles and influence the vision for the audio group within our studio.
- Create vivid interactive sound design assets as directed by the Lead Designer and/or Producer.
- Integrate audio assets into the sound engine using proprietary tools.
- Edit, master, and implement dynamic music.
- Engineer field recording sessions.
- Ensure audio assets are created with the prescribed style and aesthetic tone.
- Maintain a working organization of game assets and relevant audio data.
- Stay current on trends and technologies in the game and audio industries.
- A keen awareness of interactive audio and how it contributes to the user’s experience.
- A proven ability to create and design a wide array of fresh sound effects.
- Proficiency with industry standard sound creation tools, preferably ProTools.
- Enough technical savvy to participate in processes with programmers.
- A solid base of technical audio theory.
- Minimum of 3 previously shipped games.
- Proficiency in Audio Middleware such as Audiokinetic Wwise
- Expert level skills in Unreal Engine
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Company: CD Projekt
Location: Warsaw, Poland
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated person to join our QA team as Art QA Analyst working closely with the Audio department.
- Everyday testing and verifying new game features and writing reports.
- Cooperating closely with the QA team and Artists.
- Reporting and verifying various game bugs.
- Functional tests of the assets.
- Managing bug reports, checklists and all the documentation.
- At least one year of experience in testing.
- Knowledge of testing methodology.
- Ability to selectively listening to sound layers.
- An ear for errors!
- Passion for art.
- Very good English language skills.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to work within a team and under time pressure.
- Good knowledge of the gaming industry.
- …passion for games!
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Wwise software will be a plus.
- Experience in working in a gamedev studio.
- Knowledge of at least one game engine will be a plus
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk 🙂
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard-earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Quebec City, QC, Canada
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles, dialogue… and sound design. To take our upcoming games to new and greater heights, we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Sound Designer.
- Sound task management in the team (description, distribution, supervision).
- Active communication inside the team and with multiple development departments to ensure that all sound needs are covered and the end results are at a high-quality level.
- Maintain a high-level planning of the sound production.
- Evaluate, prioritize and dispatch reported issues inside the team.
- Sound design and implementation.
- Development and improvement of the company’s sound production pipeline
- Minimum one shipped AAA game as an Audio Lead / Senior Sound Designer
- Experience with and an in-depth knowledge of Wwise.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Feels equally well when learning from other team members, as well as sharing his/her knowledge with them.
- Well organized and capable of tackling sudden changes, whenever needed.
- Experienced with Nuendo/Cubase
- Work in the office of Larian Studios in Quebec City, Canada.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with P4.
- Experience with Music implementation.
- One or more shipped AAA titles.
- Passion for RPG games