We came across interesting new jobs at Visual Concepts, Obsidian, Wildlife Studios, and Respawn – and they’re looking for a Audio Software Engineer (CA, US), Audio Design – Summer Intern (CA, US), Audio Director (CA, US), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Voice Designer at Ubisoft Montreal (QC, Canada), Senior Sound Designer at Respawn (CA, US), Sound Designer at PUBG (Netherlands), Associate Audio Programmer at Blackbird Interactive (BC, Canada), Sound Manager at Harvard University (MA, US), and Composer/Sound Designer at Aries Technology (NV, US).
Company: Visual Concepts
Location: Agoura Hills, CA, US
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
We are seeking Audio Software Engineers to join our growing Agoura Hills studio to work on WWE.
- 2+ years of experience in console game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Familiarity with wWise
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Able to learn and master complicated code systems
- Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
- Passion for gaming and audio
- Good team player
- Willingness to do light travel within California for development team & production meetings+
- Experience with WWE 2K games and all game modes
- Expert knowledge of WWE and the recent history of WWE
- Experience and skill using software such as P4, Test Track Pro, Confluence, Jira, Shotgun
- Highly Experienced in wWise
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Do you love role playing games? Are you looking to kick-start your career in the gaming industry? Come work side by side with our world-class developers, learn what it takes to create fantastic worlds and contribute to the next great Obsidian Entertainment title.
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a summer intern to participate in the Obsidian University Internship Program. Come join our Audio team and work on the exciting future of game audio! You’ll spend the summer assisting with a wide variety of tasks including sound and voice over editing, Foley recording, sound design, and implementation.Responsibilities
- Design sounds to be put into games
- Implement sounds into the games using industry tools
- Work with the team to record foley
- Coursework in recording arts, audio post-production, game audio, or other sound related trades
- Introductory knowledge of audio editing, audio theory, and audio signal processing
- Love of video games and game audio
- Eagerness, openness, and commitment to learn and grow
- Clear communication skills
- A finished or prospective degree in a sound related field
- An online sound portfolio
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.
Company: Wildlife Studios
Location: Irvine, CA, US
The Audio Team at Wildlife is growing. With an audience that numbers in the millions, our games have the power to impact countless lives. Our games connect people with interesting characters, vibrant worlds, and unforgettable experiences.
That’s no small task, but we have a powerful secret weapon: our people. The Wildlife team is a collection of world-class talent, a team focused on synergy, collaboration, and growing strong together.About the Role
The Audio Director is both a creative and technical leader at Wildlife Studios. This role is crucial to help build, mentor and guide a team of Sound Designers to create high quality sound assets into a wide range of top tier mobile titles.Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, manager or audio director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Inspirational: You have demonstrated ability to inspire creative teams that has led to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies.
- Organization: You have experience helping create and manage department schedules that ensures proper workflow throughout the audio department.
- Adaptability: You have demonstrated an ability to manage a group of audio professionals in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Tonal Range: You have demonstrated an ability to work within a wide range of audio styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
- Pipeline: Solid understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, and localization techniques.
- Software Expertise: Experience using middleware solutions such as FMOD and WWise across multiple game titles.
- Audio Constraints: You will work closely with the engineering team to carry the audio integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Management: You will help handle a wide range of personnel items including career development, performance reviews and coaching.
- Solutions Oriented: You will demonstrate your ability to proactively problem solve and explore various options to accomplish product goals.
- Communication : You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Planner: You will help create and implement action plans for the department’s future success, emphasizing training and development.
- Team Building: You will work with Recruiting and Outsourcing teams to build staffing plans that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team.
- Collaboration: You will work with Product Managers and the Creative Leadership team to work on resource planning to help ensure we are able to deliver great game experiences to our players.
- Experience working as a leader and manager of creative teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.About Wildlife
Wildlife Studios is an independent mobile game studio started in 2011 and headquartered in São Paulo, Brazil. The company is growing, and we’re on a mission to build our creative capability.
At Wildlife we’re committed to being a company where the best talent can do their best work. Our goal is to create great games, worlds players escape to, and characters they can’t live without. This is our aspiration, and we know it’s no small task. Our secret weapon is our people, and the company is built to support them. We’re looking for world class talent inspired to be a part of this journey.
We believe video games will be the source of the world’s most beloved entertainment franchises. We hope to accelerate this transition by making iconic games that will be remembered and shared for generations.
We are looking for talented and passionate people to join us on this mission at several locations around the world such as São Paulo (Brazil), Irvine (United States), and San Francisco (United States).
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Respawn Entertainment is looking for a highly skilled Sound Designer who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about the Star Wars™ Universe, with an appreciation for audience immersion and a knack for making worlds come alive. If this sounds like you, please send us your resume along with a link to your sound design reel!What you’ll do…
- Design unique and compelling sound assets for the game (including effects, ambience, foley, creatures, etc.)
- Implement audio assets directly into game engine (Unreal), crafting an interactive top-notch audio experience for the player.
- Plan field recording trips and foley sessions. Look for opportunities to record unique sounds.
- Help manage outsourcing, giving feedback and communicating any necessary information to partners.
- Design cinematics in 7.1, either from scratch or working alongside external contractors.
- Adhere to audio schedule and deliver assets on time. Follow existing audio naming conventions and workflow standards as well as define new ones.
- Work with audio director and audio lead to help define vision for audio as well as final mix.
- Give useful, actionable feedback on audio assets. Share expertise with the rest of the team.
- Help manage Wwise project, optimizing memory and cpu usage.
- Work with departments outside of audio to ensure that audio matches vision and overall design of the game.
- Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs. Help QA with best practices for testing audio. Test game on various platforms.
- This person will not be responsible for composing music for the game. Music editing and implementation may be required from time to time as part of the role.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Sound Designer role for video games.
- Shipped at least one AAA title, working as part of an in-house audio team from start to finish.
- Strong, demonstrable sound design and editing skills. Experience with field recording, foley, as well as dialogue recording, processing and editing.
- Experience implementing game audio using Wwise (required). Knowledge of Unreal and audio implementation using blueprints.
- Mastery of audio software e.g. Reaper or Nuendo, Soundminer, iZotope RX, etc.
- Strong technical expertise. Programming or scripting proficiency is a plus.
- Previous mentorship/leadership experience within an audio team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Passion for audio.
- Passion for games.