We came across interesting new jobs at Ready at Dawn, Cloud Imperium, Certain Affinity, and Roblox – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer (UK), Senior Sound Designer (TX, US), and Audio Software Engineer (CA, US).
Still available: Openings for an Audio Designer at Rockstar North (UK), Technical Sound Designer at Ubisoft (NC, US), Lead Sound Designer at Obsidian/Xbox Game Studios (CA, US), and Audio Intern at Infinity Ward (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Phoenix Labs (BC, Canada), Firmware QA Engineer at ROLI (UK), Audio Director and Technical Sound Designer at Ready at Dawn (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), and Mixing Engineers, Recordists and Dubbing Directors at Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd (MA, India). Happy job hunting!
Company: Ready at Dawn
Location: Irvine, CA, US
We are looking for a talented Sound Designer to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces. This individual would have the opportunity to work on various internal game projects, working closely with not only members of the audio department but also narrative, design and engineering.Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of voice over recordings, editing and treatment
- Strong interest for audio in games
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Formal audio education
- Basic understanding of recording techniques (voice, foley, field)
- Experience in the area of sound design
- Interest in game technology
- Experience with audio middleware (preferably Wwise)
- Understanding of motion capture pipelines and workflows involved
- Video editing knowledge
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted
Company: Cloud Imperium
Location: Wilmslow, UK
Cloud Imperium Games are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join the audio team working in-house at our studio in Wilmslow, UK. As part of the team you will record, design and implement audio for our Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games in a cooperative cross disciplinary environment.
You will need strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware and a wealth of industry experience with at least three AAA titles under your belt. The successful applicant will be required to adapt and adjust to different development tools, as we’re constantly developing new audio tech. Our project is extremely complex in nature so you will be expected to contribute to the progress of systems and tools that allow nuanced, articulate sound to bring life to our games via efficient workflow.
As a Senior Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you’ll also have some responsibility for mentoring and training juniors, and for defining and communicating how best to do what we do in CIG Audio.
In depth experience in working on MMO, FPS and Flight/Vehicle titles will prove useful, and a love of science fiction always helps! Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
- Work individually and with the team to achieve world class sound design and implementation in all areas of the project. (In-game and promotional linear material).
- Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs.
- Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better.
- Responsive to feedback from peers on the team.
- We should be able to criticise and constructively feedback on each other’s work.
- Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge.
- Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team to make Star Citizen and
- Squadron 42 the best experience possible.
- Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to obtain the materials we need to ensure standards are met.
- Some music and dialogue implementation may be required.
- Help to outline, organise and run SFX recording sessions.
- 5+ years in the industry.
- Shipped at least 3+ AAA Titles.
- Solid experience in audio tools such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Soundforge and Izotope RX.
- Working knowledge of audio middleware and/or proprietary tech – e.g. Audiokinetic Wwise
- Working knowledge of game engines – e.g. CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unity and Unreal.
- Working knowledge general game tools – e.g. source control tools (Perforce ideally)
- Proven experience in using game engines to implement and work with audio.
- A genuine passion for games and be invested in the latest developments within game audio.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of aspects of audio and achieve great results.
- Understanding of engineering VS creative trade-offs in game audio
- Be open and responsive to creative, critical and constructive feedback from peers.
- A show-reel of relevant game-centric audio work.
- Experience with music composition, editorial and implementation.
- Experience with the likes of Max MSP/PD, Kyma, similar non-linear audio software.
- This is not a Junior position, so please only apply if you feel you meet the senior criteria.
- This is not a music composer position. Although some music composition skills can be beneficial, we outsource most of our music requirements to our long-term and dedicated music composer vendors.
- Please ensure your demo reel effectively displays your game-centric sound design as well as your linear sound design skills.
Company: Certain Affinity
Location: Austin, TX, US
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
A Senior Sound Designer is tasked with creating and integrating sound with a high complexity level and performing the duties of an “Audio Lead” on a small to mid-sized project. Self-directed quality assurance, scheduling, field recording, equipment maintenance, V.O. editing and library management are also common duties.
- This person will act as the audio lead for a game project
- Drive quality on audio features
- Interface regularly with the game team to enable quick feature iteration
- Create high-quality audio assets
- Integrate audio assets into various game engines, on multiple platforms
- Utilize multiple scripting tools to create nuanced game audio
- Edit and organize VO
- Provide recording services (field and studio)
- Create linear audio sound design (movies, scripted events, IGCs, etc.)
- Maintain studio equipment and libraries
- Can drive, design and execute audio features collaboratively across disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) focused on audio production
- At least two AAA game titles shipped as a sound designer
- Minimum of five years working professionally in a game development environment
- Solid understanding of audio signal flow and digital audio editing
- Solid understanding of the workings and practices of interactive audio
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to maintain high-quality work on a production timeline with minimum supervision
- Multiple AAA titles shipped in action or shooter genres
- Has worked with Nuendo, Reaper, or Sound Forge
- Programming or scripting background
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
WHY ROBLOX? – Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As an Audio Software Engineer,you will make the Roblox soundscape the best it can be. You will build and deliver on a plan to harness the creativity of user-generated games and apply industry-leading algorithms and methods to envelop the player in something that’s amazing, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you want to leapfrog the state of the art in game audio engines and help build and lead the team that delivers interactive audio for the next ten years, you’ll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
- Experienced in immersive interactive audio: Many years of working with interactive and physically based audio, generally in a gaming environment
- Fluent in signal processing: You understand human hearing modeling, physical modeling, and ad-hoc audio algorithms
- Good at systems level C++ programming: Pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write high-performance code, not your enemies
- Eager to learn: Able to adapt to a dynamic-everything environment where pre-computation isn’t possible
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects that keep working once they’re done
- A leader: Comfortable in defining and championing a plan to improve audio capabilities over time, and marshal others to your cause
- Engine/platform oriented: You might have helped develop a game engine from scratch, or done other similar projects
- Resource minded: You have probably worked on alternate and constrained platforms like consoles or mobile devices
- Develop engine code that generates awesome audio for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Select the right balance of human models, physical models, and ad-hoc algorithms to achieve the best outcome for each use case
- Carry the torch for the future of audio in user-generated games
- Optimize audio implementations to conserve battery on mobile phones while being amazingly realistic on high-end platforms
- Self-organize and take ownership of the project throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome audio environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community