We came across interesting new jobs at Red Storm, Swann Studio, and Spotify – and they’re looking for a Technical Sound Designer (NC, US), Freelance Audio Engineer (Denmark), and Supervising Audio Producer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer, and Audio Director at Ready at Dawn (CA, US), Senior Audio Designer and Audio Designer at Supermassive Games (UK), Senior Audio Designer at Arkane Studios (France), Junior Audio Engineer at PRG (CA, US), and Expert Audio Experience Engineer at Logitech.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Contract Technical Sound Designer at Sucker Punch (WA, US), Contract Audio Implementer at Sucker Punch (WA, US), Audio Senior Engineer at PlayStation (UK), Audio Team Lead R&D at PlayStation (UK), and Audio Content Curator at Izotope (MA, US). Happy job hunting!
Company: Red Storm
Location: Cary, NC, US
Red Storm Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time Technical Sound Designer to join our award winning sound team! At Red Storm, you will work closely with the audio team to create, implement, maintain and debug complex audio playback systems within the game. The ideal candidate is extremely experienced working with audio middleware (Wwise, etc.) as well as node based scripting tools and thrives on bridging the gap between creative and technical implementation challenges. If you are up to the challenge come join the creators of Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division as we embark on our next exciting game!Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high quality audio assets within the audio engine, game engine and pipeline
- Script complex audio playback sequences within our proprietary node-based scripting tool incorporating sound design, music and voice
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and optimizations
- Work along-side audio programmers and sound designers to develop the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and game-play needs
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems
- Collaborate with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play and fully realized
- Help define the audio vision of the game by working with your lead and sound team
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- 2 years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- One published AAA title credited
- Extensive knowledge of integrating audio into modern game engines
- Highly proficient with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Substantial knowledge of node based scripting tools and workflow (Familiarity with C#, C++, a plus)
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems for AAA titles
- Experience with audio recording, processing and mixing techniques
- Proficient with modern day audio software tools (Pro-Tools, Reaper, Plugins)
- Understanding the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation of current console platforms & PC to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.Additional Information
What a typical day as Technical Sound Designer might look like:
– Creating and implementing a new sound asset for a mission which needs to be scripted in the level to trigger at a specific moment
– Reviewing a newly added content structure in Wwise to ensure it’s utilizing the correct sound banks for loading purposes and memory constraints
– Meeting with your lead and other sound designers to discuss a potential new feature that requires technical implementation via scripting
– Playtesting the latest build and writing up notes to discuss during an audio review meeting about next steps and improvements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Company: Swann Studio
– Spanish Latin American
– Spanish Castilian
If interested contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make it clear in you email which language you are applying to, and what software you are using. We will only contact the amount of audio engineers needed for the job. However we will save all emails for future use
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
We are looking for a creative, experienced individual that is passionate about producing innovative audio content for The Parcast Network and subsequent new networks. You will help create content consumed by millions of people each day, while leading and overseeing a production team. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences podcasts.What you’ll do
- This role will report directly into the Senior Production Lead. You’ll assist our Sr. Production Lead with overseeing the production and execution of “Parcast Studios” shows.
- Work closely with Sound Designers and Engineers, providing notes and quality control of their episodes.
- The ability to manage a diverse range of teams
- Help develop the sound design for new programming
- Produce trailers and certain episodes of shows.
- You will be remixing segments into the audio format used by the streaming service and creating the cue sheet.
- Interface with producers, writers and studio managers.
- You should have the ability to identify and solve technical problems with equipment.
- You will have other duties as assigned, including vacation relief for others in your department.
- You have 10 + years of audio industry experience including directing talent.
- You are comfortable with strict deadlines and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- You can manage and grow creative people of different skill levels.
- You have good time management and organizational skills.
- You possess an outstanding attention to detail.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You are enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- You have a deep understanding and proficiency in audio editing software with expertise in at least one Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). You are also willing to learn a new DAW.
- You hold a working knowledge and understanding of relevant technology.
- You possess the ability to adapt to various styles of storytelling production.
- You can work independently and on your own initiative.
- You are an excellent team player.
- You can critique and judge your own work and achieve excellent results.
- Welcoming of creative input and constructive feedback, while advocating and promoting your own agenda and direction for audio design.
- You care about the quality of the product and your good reputation within the industry.
- You have desired experiences/accomplishments that you can tell us about.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.