We came across interesting new jobs at Reflector (QC, Canada), Khora VR (Denmark), Nexon OC (CA, US), and Imperial College London (UK) – and they’re looking for an Audio Director, VR Audio Developer, Sound Designer, and Research Associate in VR and Auralisation.
We also found openings for a Sound Designer/Editor at Bavaria Film (Germany), Sound Designer at Spokko (Poland), Sound Designer at Appsoleut Coders LLP (HA, India), and Audio Artist at EA (BC, Canada).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Designer at Hangar 13 (UK) – and Dialogue Supervisor, Lead Audio Designer and Senior Audio Designer positions are still open at Playground Games (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: Reflector Entertainment
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Reflector Entertainment is a totally new breed of studio committed to creating next-generation content for audiences around the globe. Reflector’s mission is to create Storyworlds: transmedia universes built from the ground up, releasing new and exciting narratives along a consistent schedule and across a wide variety of platforms. The platforms vary per Storyworld and can be PC/consoles/mobile video games, live immersive experiences, comic books, novels, television series, films, podcasts, etc. Our team is quickly growing, and we are currently looking for AAA talent that will drive our ambitious, large scale projects. As the Audio Director, you’ll work in collaboration with the creative team to define the artistic vision and technical roadmap of the game’s soundscape, voiceover, and music to support and expand the ambitious gameplay and narrative goals of the project.
- Collaborating with the creative team and IP partners to establish the audio vision and technical goals
- Directing the audio team to create and implement all of the project’s audio assets
- Communicating the audio vision and department needs to the entire team
- Collaborating with tech directors to design and implement audio tools and processes
- Establishing the technical and production needs for voice recording sessions
- Constantly pushing the quality of the game’s audio assets and systems to the highest possible level.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in audio for video games
- Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
- Excellent knowledge of industry-standard audio tools
- World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
- Good team player
- Ability to adapt to change
- Multiple shipped titles as a game audio director is a bonus
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
- Experience with Wwise 2019
- Experience with Unreal Engine is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English.
Company: Khora VR
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Your responsibility will include implementing a solution for real-time audio manipulation in Unity, so knowledge of either DSP (Digital Signal Processing) programming in Unity or C++ with managed plug-ins is required.
– Passion for Virtual Reality
– Expert in Soft. Development (C# / C++) (Unity is a plus)
– Knowledge in working with DSP audio programming &audio in general
– Experience with Scrum
– (plus:) Past experience working with PureData and/or Max/MSP
– (plus:) Past experience with VR
– (plus:) Experience with managed plug-ins in Unity
Khora is the leading VR & AR content production studio in Scandinavia. In 3 years, we have produced over +150 VR & AR solutions for B2B andB2C segments. We collaborate with a wide range of industries such as Healthcare, Education, Marketing, Art and more
Company: Nexon OC
Location: Irvine, CA, US
In this role you’ll be responsible for helping a small team experiment with how best to use audio in a multiplayer game to create a tense and dynamic audio experience, where player abilities, creatures, and levels all exude a distinct personality. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on titles in Unreal 4. This is a contract role, but there is a possibility of transitioning to full-time.
- Create a variety of audio tests to help establish a soundscape that matches character and level concepts in progress.
- Work with the game design team to help them understand how to balance ambient audio, dynamic music, creature, and combat sounds.
- Work with the art and design teams to develop a list of standards and best practices when creating UE4 sound cues, sound classes, and how to store, organize, access, and replicate sounds for a multiplayer game.
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
- A working knowledge of common audio middleware and/or proprietary tech
- Some experience using game engines to implement and work with sound
- Experience creating sound assets for games
- Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
- 3+ years of experience making sound for games
- Portfolio showing off your work including representative examples of sound design experience
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Experience in any other game role
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market with a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has a worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and a diverse global portfolio. If you want to help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
Company: Imperial College London – Dyson School of Design Engineering
Location: London, UK
Applications are invited for a Research Assistant position on Virtual Reality and Auralisation, to work on the project Speech Perception and Listening Effort in Simulated Realistic Audio-visual Environments.
The goal of the project is to develop a simulated audio-visual environment that facilitates assessment of speech perception and listening effort in realistic conditions for hearing-impaired listeners, and to use it for exploring important issues concerning the relationships between different measures of listening effort and traditional speech perception tests.
The successful candidate will lead the design and development of the VR-based audio-visual environments and application. This is going to be based on a head-mounted display system (e.g. Samsung GearVR, HTC Vive, etc.), and is going to include advanced 3D audio features, and an infra-red eye tracking system.
Candidates must have knowledge of programming for Virtual Reality, ideally in Unity, but other similar development platforms might also be considered. Experience with integrating hardware and software components and interfaces (e.g. eye tracker, game controllers, tracking systems) is also essential. A PhD in areas related with computing, hearing sciences, digital signal processing, music technology and/or acoustics is preferable.
*Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £34,397- £37,486 per annum.
About Imperial College London:
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
£37,486to £40,858per annum*
Fixed-Term 18 months
29th May 2019
26th June 2019