We came across 4 interesting jobs at Raven, Melodrive, Sony PlayStation, and Ubisoft Shanghai – and they’re looking for Audio Designers, a Sound Design Intern, and a Short-Term Senior Sound Designer. Bonus: We also found an additional opening at Raven for a Senior Audio Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: Raven Software
Location: Madison, WI, USA
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Modern Warfare Remaster, Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Online, Ghosts, Modern Warfare] is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Designer to join our world-class Audio team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry.
This is an Mid level position for a sound design generalist who is comfortable shifting gears to whatever task needs immediate attention. The perfect candidate will have a strong sense of design aesthetic and understanding of how implementation compliments design and be able to apply that successfully in service to gameplay. Candidates must also possess enthusiasm for learning with strong self-management skills. Successful interaction with disciplines outside of audio (animators, designers, programmers) is also a key component to any applicant’s success.
• Collaborates with audio and other teams to create and implement sound assets that match aesthetic and technical specifications
• Integrate sounds with level editor, animation editor and scripting
• Interactive and linear sound effects design, music editing, dialogue editing and processing, mixing
• Troubleshoots audio issues, optimizes to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms
• Collaborates with audio programmers to improve existing tech and develop new features
• Collaborates with relevant parties to design and build dynamic playback systems that link to existing in-game systems
• Contributes to audio technology documentation/wiki
• Works with Audio Director and teammates to manage the final mix of the game
• Portfolio demonstrating strong sound design for realistic settings (see below)
• Excellent understanding of implementation techniques, proven through work on previous titles with proprietary tools or middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Unreal)
• Ability to edit music, voice and sounds for integration into dynamic playback systems
• Experienced with a level creation/editing tool (Hammer, Radiant, UnrealEd)
• Comfortable scripting in a C-like programming language
• Mastery of chosen audio tools (Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, etc)
• Minimum two shipped titles and 4 years minimum in a game audio role
• Passionate about the FPS genre
• Exceptional organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• C/C++ programming experience
• Multiplayer FPS experience
• Passion for FPS gaming
• Field Recording
What We Want to See in Your Reel:
• 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked
• A cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage
• A diverse selection of footage including various types of work
• No music, this is not a music role
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Melodrive is a Berlin based music tech startup. We’re developing a music engine that
uses Artificial Intelligence to create adaptive music in realtime. Our AI system
empowers people – no matter their musical knowledge – to create immersive
soundtrack simply and quickly.
This technology has applications across all of digital media, with a specific focus on
interactive experiences like video games, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality.
We’re a team of experts in Music & AI–with two PhDs and one Master’s degree
between the 3 co-founders. Our collective experience in music informatics, AI and
composition is over 3 decades, and our work has won awards in both academia and
• Design soft-synth and sample-based instruments, effects and mastering chains for
a range of musical styles (e.g., EDM, jazz and orchestral)
• Liaise with audio programmers in the audio team to help build audio engine and
• Liaise with the music team to help define instruments and models
• Create tutorials and training materials
• Produce musical samples using Melodrive
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experience creating instruments (soft-synth and sample-based), effects, and
• Experience with VSTs, samplers, and DAWs
• Basic grasp of music theory and music composition
• Good writing skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming
• Working knowledge of Pure Data and/or JUCE audio engine
• Able to create and edit video
• Previous experience in a startup
• Love to learn and experiment with new (music) tech
• Resilient and adaptive to change
• Team player
• Excellent communicator
Please contact Valerio Velardo at valerio (at) melodrive (dot) com, if interested.
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: Playa Vista, CA, USA
• Duties will include Pro Tools editorial work, WWISE integration and authoring, field recording, and potential work as production assistant.
• The candidate will be assisting in VOADRHMC sessions as well as directly contributing to content creation and integration for both God Of War and Spiderman.
The candidate must have an understanding and hands on experience in the field of interactive audio including but not limited to tools such as WWISE, FMOD, SCREAM, etc… In addition, the candidate must have solid mastery of Pro Tools. Field recording experience a plus.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Company: Ubisoft Shanghai
Location: Shanghai, China
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
• Conception, realization and final rendering the audio in game.
• Working with the team to secure the high quality audio deliverables on time.
• Following and developing the intentions from Audio Director/Producer.
• Report to Audio director/Producer.
Qualification & Technical Competencies:
• College degree in related field preferred
• At least 8 years sound design experience with credits of successful project(s)
• Can full-timely onsite work in Shanghai studio for at least 5 months
• Solid skills in audio recording, processing and mixing (Pro Tools is essential to master)
• Capability of creating/editing sound track efficiently for video clips following director’s intentions
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
• A passion for creating and playing video games
• Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware application
• Familiarity with audio specifications of vary game platforms
• Dialogue & Field Recording experience
• Musical proficiency
• Knowledgeable in entertainment industry in terms of video games, movies, TV series, music
Optional but Advanced:
• Basic programming skill with C, C++
• Experienced skill with scripts (Python, Lua, etc.)
• Ability to implementation basic programming algorithm
• Familiarity with Max/MSP (or Csound, Pd, etc.) , knowledge about audio programming and software DSP
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling. By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment. Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!