We came across interesting new jobs at Sounding Sweet, Ubisoft Red Storm, Obsidian, and Giants Software – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Designer (UK), Technical Sound Designer (NC, US), Lead Sound Designer (CA, US), and Sound Designer (Germany).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Intern at Infinity Ward (CA, US), Sound Designer at Blizzard (CA, US), Audio/Music Supervisor at Ubisoft (Sweden), Senior Sound Designer at Cloud Imperium (UK), and Audio Designer and Senior Audio Designer at Supermassive Games (UK). Happy job hunting!
Company: Sounding Sweet
Location: Coventry, UK
Sounding Sweet is an independent recording and audio production company that specialises in the production of sound for video games. Our studios are located just outside Stratford Upon Avon and we are looking for a Senior Audio Designer to join our in-house team on a contract basis.
- Excellent sound design skills!
- Expertise in tracklaying sound effects to videos, Foley recording, dialogue editing and mixing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the most common audio production software packages such as Pro Tools Ultimate, Reaper and RX Advanced.
- Location and field recording proficiency using professional equipment such as Sound Devices Recorders, DPA microphones, Ambient Timecode and Audio Ltd. wireless systems.
- Familiar with ADR and dialogue recording, using ISDN, Source Connect and Pro Tools.
- Experienced in the use of Audiokinetic Wwise, Unreal Engine and Unity.
- Surround sound mixing and mastering experience using Pro Tools HDX with MTRX, Dante and Dolby Atmos hardware desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience working in a technical audio post-production or game audio design role, having significantly contributed to delivering the audio for at least three AAA game titles or feature films.
- Excellent attention to detail!
A self-starter, proactive, strong communicator, conscientious, team player, hardworking and friendly!
Your application should include:
A cover letter explaining your interest in the role and why you would be a good fit for the team as well as link to your sound design showreel and CV.
Contract length and hours to be discussed. Please note, this is NOT a music production role.
Company: Ubisoft Red Storm
Location: Cary, NC, US
Red Storm Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time Technical Sound Designer to join our award winning sound team!
At Red Storm, you will work closely with the audio team to create, implement, maintain and debug complex audio playback systems within the game. The ideal candidate is extremely experienced working with audio middleware (Wwise, etc.) as well as node based scripting tools and thrives on bridging the gap between creative and technical implementation challenges.
If you are up to the challenge come join the creators of Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division as we embark on our next exciting game!Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high quality audio assets within the audio engine, game engine and pipeline
- Script complex audio playback sequences within our proprietary node-based scripting tool incorporating sound design, music and voice
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and optimizations
- Work along-side audio programmers and sound designers to develop the framework of audio playback systems based on creative vision and game-play needs
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems
- Collaborate with various disciplines (art, design, and engineering) to ensure audio systems are incorporated into all aspects of game-play and fully realized
- Help define the audio vision of the game by working with your lead and sound team
- Troubleshoot and debug audio tools, systems and functionality
- 2 years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- One published AAA title credited
- Extensive knowledge of integrating audio into modern game engines
- Highly proficient with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Substantial knowledge of node based scripting tools and workflow (Familiarity with C#, C++, a plus)
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems for AAA titles
- Experience with audio recording, processing and mixing techniques
- Proficient with modern day audio software tools (Pro-Tools, Reaper, Plugins)
- Understanding the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation of current console platforms & PC to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
Please include a portfolio with your application that showcases in-game examples of your sound design and implementation.Additional Information
What a typical day as Technical Sound Designer might look like:
– Creating and implementing a new sound asset for a mission which needs to be scripted in the level to trigger at a specific moment
– Reviewing a newly added content structure in Wwise to ensure it’s utilizing the correct sound banks for loading purposes and memory constraints
– Meeting with your lead and other sound designers to discuss a potential new feature that requires technical implementation via scripting
– Playtesting the latest build and writing up notes to discuss during an audio review meeting about next steps and improvements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Obsidian is looking for a creative and technical Lead Sound Designer with the capability to design and implement assets, lead the audio efforts for a new project, and specialize in key audio systems.
Our titles require a unique audio landscape and that’s where you come in. The Lead Sound Designer will directly manage a team of Sound Designers to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration.Responsibilities
- Design immersive and rich sound effects to engage players, drive the narrative, and deliver compelling audio experiences
- Encourage a culture of respect, support, collaboration, comradery, and creativity throughout the audio team and beyond
- Manage a team of sound designers, providing them with guidance and feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation
- Collaborate with Audio Director, Game Director, and other key stake holders to define game audio quality bar and vision
- Work with game team leads and production to ensure audio staff is represented in all strike teams throughout development, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked
- Ensure the game is optimized and working within platform limitations
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members
- At least 6+ years of experience in game audio, including the full development cycles multiple shipped AAA titles
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production
- Expert understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, scripting voice over, and localization techniques and best practices
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines
- Experience using Wwise across multiple full development cycles
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.
Company: Giants Software
Location: Erlangen, Germany
We are looking for a motivated Senior Sound Engineer to support our team in Erlangen, Germany.What qualification and skills do we expect from you?
- You have a degree in audio engineering or equivalent
- You have gained at least 5-7 years experience in audio engineering
- You are experienced in creatively producing sound effects for video games
- You are experienced in working with professional audio editing tools
- You are experienced in field recording and field recording techniques
- You know the latest audio equipment, field recording and SFX libraries
- You possess good discipline in following a predefined process
- You have good communication skills in English and German (spoken & written)
- You have no problem to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high quality output
- You enjoy working in a team as well as independent
- You have a strong passion for video games
- You already have gained experience in the gaming industry
- You already have gained experience in vehicle audio recording
- You have a farming or technical background
At GIANTS, you will be working in an exciting and fast-moving environment within the gaming industry. We offer flexible working hours and an attractive compensation, plus multiple perspectives for evolution in our young, successful and growing company. We care about the wellbeing of our employees by providing free drinks, fruits, snacks, coffee, gym membership as well as organizing regular team building events and entertainment activities.
Any questions? email@example.com