We came across interesting jobs at Survios, High Moon, Harmonix, and Inifinity Ward – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Audio Design Intern, Audio Programmer, and Audio Producer.
Location: Culver City, CA, USA
Survios is looking for an extremely passionate, highly skilled sound designer to help us create the most immersive VR audio experiences possible.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience in game audio sound design and implementation. They should be familiar with standard DAWs, audio plugins, recording techniques, loudness standards, and the Unreal Editor 4 game engine. VR experience is not required, but a huge plus. The candidate will work closely with other members of the audio team, producers, artists, animators, and designers to bring their creations to life, as well as collaborate with other team members to experiment, iterate, and craft unique audio experiences.
• Proven track record of work on at least 3 shipped titles with excellent audio.
• Unreal Editor 4 implementation experience, and a solid understanding of under-the-hood real-time audio mechanics.
• Ability to create a wide range of sound designs, from terrifying fantasy creatures and spells, to epic sci-fi robots and spaceships, to everyday objects.
• Foley recording and creation experience.
• Experience in commonly available DAWs such as Reaper, Nuendo, ProTools, etc.
• Mixing, loudness measuring, and final audio polish skills.
• Can work solo with minimal guidance and be a self-starter, or work well with a team.
• Comfortable recording and directing voice talent.
• VR game audio experience, including a solid understanding of HRTF.
• Experience crafting from building block DSP tools such as Reaktor, or Max / MSP.
• General understanding of music editing and mastering.
• Light programming, scripting, or UE4 Blueprint experience.
• Proficiency in Reaper.
Company: High Moon Studios
Location: Carlsbad, CA, USA
High Moon Studios is seeking an Audio Design Intern to join our award-winning video game studio.
• Edit and implement audio assets in the game’s audio tool.
• Implement ambient audio into the game world using the level editor.
• Work with QA in identifying and fixing audio related problems in ambient audio.
• Tag and organize internal audio library.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Solid interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with other departments.
• Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient with modern studio hardware, recording techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, and Soundminer.
• Proficient with field recording gear and techniques.
• Desire to develop audio production and engineering skills.
• Knowledge of audio tools/middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Unreal).
• Proficient in audio editing and manipulating techniques.
• Passion for playing video games.
World class games start with world-class talent! This is a unique time in Activision’s history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software like Call of Duty, Destiny and the Blizzard Entertainment Franchises.
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that’s developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 120+ people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award-winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard.
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
We’re seeking an audio programmer to join the team developing our in-house audio tools. If you’d held this role in the past year, you’d have helped create a dynamic realtime mashup system for DropMix, a sub-frame low-latency audio engine for Super Beat Sports, and DSP filters and modeling for audio effects in Rock Band Rivals, among other projects!
• Implement robust, user-friendly, musician-facing tools and pipelines.
• Maintain and expand our world-class suite of game audio systems, including:
• game integration: sub-frame triggering/event handling, parameter/state updates, occlusion calculation, ambient simulation, etc.
• synthesis: wavetable synthesis, sample rate conversion, pitch shifting, envelope generation, oscillators, DSP, etc.
• streaming: multi-threaded, multi-track, compressed audio pipeline
• analysis: tempo, section, and energy analysis of audio waveforms
Desired (Not Required!) Qualifications:
• A college degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
• 5 years of experience with C++
• Regularly-exercised applied math skills (e.g., discrete math, simulation, or signal processing)
• Familiarity with commodity audio systems and their integration into gameplay mechanics
• Experience working creatively and cooperatively with cross-discipline creative teams
Company: Inifinity Ward
Location: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
Infinity Ward’s Audio Department is seeking a talented Producer with post-production experience to support our sound pipeline. In this role, you’ll oversee all aspects of post-production. You’ll support the audio team across the project and act as an integral part of the production process including technical supervision, scoping, scheduling and budgeting. Reporting to the Audio Director, the Producer will work closely with the rest of the Production team and all department Leads to create and track project schedules.
• Provide accurate and timely project management information to all stakeholders.
• Drive the creation of a flexible project plan including milestone deliverables, requirements definition, team member assignment, capacity planning and release planning.
• Work with the team to ensure clear definition, prioritization and communication of goals.
• Identify and anticipate risks. Present solutions.
• Provide regular reports of key actions and risks at various levels of detail.
• Help develop and evolve new and existing production methodologies at Infinity Ward.
• Co-ordinate with partners/studios within Activision.
• At least 2 published titles as a Producer or Project Manager in Entertainment.
• Track record of project planning being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality products.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver on agreed deadlines.
• Strong ownership and responsibility for the work, an advocate for the post-production process.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to coordinate activities.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills to help facilitate and mediate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and project management software, e.g. Hansoft, Jira, Grasshopper.
• Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
• Experience working with external teams.
• Passion for games and their development.
• Positive, self-starter attitude.
• Passion for your job and for team work.
• Open-minded personality and team-player mentality.
• Knowledgeable of our games.
• Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
• Comprehension of the technical budgets of game development a plus.