We came across interesting new jobs at Team Asobi, Moonshot Games, Microsoft, and Tune.Abl – and they’re looking for a Audio Designer (Japan), Audio Designer (CA, US), Audio Designer II (WA, US), and Audio Engineer (KL, India).
We also found openings for a Senior Audio Designer at Insomniac Games (CA, US), Technical Audio Designer at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Technical Dialogue Designer at Bungie (WA, US / Remote), Sound Designer at Sumo Sheffield (England), Senior Sound Designer at CD Projekt RED (Poland), Sound Designer at Ubisoft Annecy (France), Producer at Team17 (UK / Remote), Senior Producer at Team17 (UK / Remote), Technical Producer at Kolibri Games (Germany), Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Music at Harvard University (MA, US), Senior Audio Designer at DoubleDown Interactive (WA, US), Supervising Sound Designer at PlayStation (CA, US), Senior Audio Engineer at Rolling Live Studios (CA, US), QA Engineer, Alexa Music at Amazon (WA, US), and Associate Audio Producer at Spotify (CA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Get a totally free plugin from Accentize right here!
• Go behind the sound for the 2021 Creative Arts Emmy sound category winners here.
• Succeed as a composer for theatre
• hear 15+ new independent sound effects libraries
• Demonic blends high-tech virtual reality and ancient demonic folklore – here’s how its sound was made.
Company: Team Asobi
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Team ASOBI is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Designer to join our team.
Your role will be to create the sounds and haptic feedback for various characters, environmental sounds, enemies, objects, etc. in the game.
- Design and implement high quality sound FX.
- Design and implement high quality haptic feedback.
- Determine game audio design and technical specifications with the audio team.
- Work with programmers to link game parameters to sound and create a variety of audio assets to enhance the player's experience.
- Guide Game Designers regarding gameplay possibilities linked to 3D Audio and haptic feedback.
- Collaborate with composer to implement a great musical experience.
- Audio quality check and test play.
- Over 3 years of game production experience as an audio designer.
- Experience with sound integration using SDKs and middleware for games.
- Knowledge of DAWs such as Protools.
- Passion for game audio.
- Positive attitude to feedback/rework.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive in improving your skills and speed.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Japanese language is not required though interest in learning should exist (lessons will be provided and paid for).
Company: Moonshot Games
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Moonshot is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Designer! From the expanse of ambient environmental audio to snappy conversation and soaring music, you will define the sonic voice for our first game. Your commitment to capturing the nuances of creature sound will say as much about their personalities as their posture, expressions and garb. Finally, your dedication to establishing a dynamic feel and mood will breathe life into a brand new universe!
As Moonshot’s audio designer, you will collaborate closely with other disciplines in a small team environment. Your creative voice (and ears!) will establish the audio direction for a new IP and a workflow that unlocks the creative potential for all involved. You will also be a key contributor in establishing strong and meaningful values that will lay the foundation for our studio culture in the years to come.What You Will Do
- Create, implement, direct, and manage all aspects of the soundscape of the game
- Establish the audio vibe and tone for a new universe
- Partner with designers, artists, and engineers to define and improve our audio pipelines and opportunities
- Direct, guide, and mentor internal or external partners for sound, music, and VO
- Ability to create immersive audio gaming experiences and a passion around the state-of-the-art in recent game audio development
- Experience with audio scripting, mixing, dialog editing, foley, and a solid understanding of traditional and emerging sound formats and best practices
- Experience in the evaluation of audio middleware solutions
- Comfort working independently and taking ownership of all aspects of audio to achieve great results
- Experience shipping AAA game titles as an in-game sound designer
- Experienced with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Prolific experience with audio middleware technologies such as Audiokinetic Wwise or FMOD
Please provide a resume, demo reel, and cover letter when you apply
Location: Redmond, WA, US
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for an Audio Designer II to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project.Responsibilities
- Work on the creation of audio content, audio implementation, scripts, and middleware integration towards the delivery of our products
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
- Work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors, and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning, and Computer Vision capabilities into the design of our products
- 4+ years' experience in audio design and implementation, or equivalent career
- Knowledge of node-based scripting tools and workflow (familiarity with C# a plus)
- Industry experience with the latest content creation and game engine tools
- Understanding the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation of XR & PC to understand dependencies
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person": a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Unity, Unreal, or related game engines
- Cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, both written and verbal
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Location: Kozhikode, KL, India
tune.abl, is a unique and leading audio services provider and school founded in 2019, aims at providing industry-relevant content and education for the glamorous and challenging Media and Entertainment Industry.
Renowned for quality training and contribution of outstanding students to the professional field, tune.abl has concentrated on educating students in the fundamental skills which ensure creative concept development for quality production output.
tune.abl is an exceptional destination for education and also all the audio-related services that revolve around the new age professions. It opens a different world for the students who aim to embrace unconventional careers.
We are looking for a qualified Audio Engineer to join us as an Intern at Aweno Studios, our upcoming media production hub at Calicut, Kerala by November 2021.What're we looking for (in you):
- Keen to learn knowledge and nurture talent
- Practice and learn Audio concepts such as Mixing, Mastering, Studio protocol, Cables & Connectors, Microphones & Micing Techniques, MIDI & Modular Synthesis.
- Should have prior education (beginner level) in sound.
- Should be able to take up basic responsibilities of the studio in absence of chief engineer.
- Training and practical work experience in one of the biggest Production Houses in Kerala which includes a Dolby Atmos Mix Studio, Music Production Suite, Video Production Suite, Chroma Studio Floor, an Outdoor Cine Unit, and a lot more.
- Hands-on experience on some of the best equipment's in the industry like AVID MTRX Studio and more.
- Hands-on experience on live film and audio projects from all the movie industries of South India.
- Offer letter and Internship completion certificates.
- Permanent placement and stipend for deserving candidates.
- Understanding of Digital & Analog Audio, Audio Signal Processing, and Acoustics.
- Preferably a graduate in Audio Engineering from a reputed Institute.
- In-depth knowledge of Avid Pro Tools & Logic Pro.
- In-depth knowledge about how to Mix and Master different genres using various approaches
- Good communication skills
- Additional musical skills such as knowledge about Music Production, Songwriting, Instruments preferred
Note: This is not a remote opportunity. Selected candidates will have to relocate to Kozhikode, Kerala for at least 6 months. This is an unpaid internship.