We came across interesting new jobs at The Coalition, EA Guildford, Ubisoft Düsseldorf, and SEGA Europe (New IP) – and they’re looking for an Audio Software Engineer (BC, Canada), Paid Intern Audio Designer (England), Audio C# Programmer (Germany), and Sound Designer (England).
We also found openings for a Temp Sound Designer at EA (Medal of Honor) (CA, US), Sound Designer at Sony CSG (England), Speech and Dialogue Research Intern at Microsoft (WA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Insomniac (CA, US), Sound Designer at The Museum of Fright (NY, US), and Assistant Sound Designer at Williamstown Theatre Festival (MA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Software Engineer at Tesla (CA, US), PhD Candidate for Hearables at University of Surrey (England), and Audio DSP Engineers at Goertek Europe ApS (Denmark). Happy job hunting!
Company: The Coalition
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Coalition is a team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of audio enthusiasts striving for immersive, award winning audio in our titles. We would like someone with a great ear who can communicate sound ideas and translate them to audio systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.Responsibilities
- Works to empower the audio team with tools and pipelines to materialize their creative vision
- Works with various teams to gather requirements and develop audio features
- Works closely with core engine team to ensure runtime audio is performant
- Bsc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ in game or audio software
- 3+ years of experience with C# and/or scripting languages
- Strong math foundation with working knowledge of vector algebra
- Working knowledge of data structures, design patterns and algorithm complexity
- Ability to develop pipelines, tools and custom plugins as required
- Strong understanding of software and hardware concurrency
- Experience with CPU and memory profiling tools
- Experience with version control systems
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with engineers and artists
- Ability to problem solve independently in new and existing systems or technologies
- Keen interest in Audio strongly desired
Company: EA Guildford
Location: Guildford, England
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24th January 2020
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2020
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Criterion and what interests you in this specific placement.
You must provide a portfolio/showreel to be considered for this position. Be sure to highlight the specific work you were responsible for if your showreel includes group projects.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s UK game studio Criterion is opening up several yearlong internships, spanning all game development crafts. We are growing our team with talented people who will help us take a huge leap forwards, and you, the next generation of game makers, are central to this ambition. As we explore new possibilities within gaming, challenge our own beliefs and step outside of our comfort zone, we need fresh perspective that challenges convention and inspires us to grow.
To that end, we’re looking for a talented and motivated Intern Audio Designer who will help us on this journey, while learning about the field of games art hands-on.
What an Audio Intern does:
Criterion considers audio to be essential for an exciting and immersive gaming experience. The audio team brings our games to life by crafting soundscapes including emotive character interactions, rich environmental ambience, visceral physical impacts, and tightly designed vehicles. Collaborating closely with the Audio & Narrative Director and wider development team, an Audio Intern will assist with audio design, implementation, recording, and organisation whilst working hands-on to create our next incredible project.
What an Audio Intern needs:
- Experience with applied audio studies as part of the degree
- Working knowledge of an industry-standard DAW
- Samples(s) of previous audio work
- A genuine interest in sound design
- Familiarity with games of any kind
Please note: While music is important to us, you will not do any composition work.
We appreciate the work our Interns provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite cafe
- Games Area
More importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
- We are based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
- Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Company: Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “James Cameron’s Avatar”, “Beyond Good and Evil 2”, “Far Cry”, “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.Job Description
The employee will design and implement audio features for one or more projects, together with the Audio Designer and / or Audio Lead and under the supervision of the Audio Director. Furthermore, the employee will develop audio tools while working with our proprietary engines as well as the audio middleware Wwise.Qualifications
- Develop systemic and specific features for several projects
- Develop audio tools in collaboration with Audio Designers and Programmers
- Improve and expand upon existing technology
- Develop future technology beyond state of the art
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing audio systems and audio tools
- Work in C# on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Work in Unity3D
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects
- Collaborate with Audio Designers, Voice Designers and the localization team to develop systems for audio implementation
- Share knowledge and expertise among the audio team, supporting Audio Designers in finding technical solutions
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions
- Contribute to maintenance of systems and pipelines
- Support multiple teams within Ubisoft with knowledge and practical help
- Write clear and concise documentation on audio systems and tools developed
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to rent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Company: SEGA Europe (New IP)
Location: Horsham, England
We are looking for a talented sound designer to join the CA console team on our exciting and brand-new FPS IP. To become part of our award-winning audio department, the ideal candidate will be passionate about game audio, self-driven and capable of creating exceptional content for a wide range of features and systems.
As a sound designer you will work collaboratively across the team, in cross-discipline feature groups, to deliver world-class audio for a brand-new AAA FPS. You will design high quality sounds for a broad range of features and take part in field and studio recording sessions; contributing quality source material to our core library.
A solid technical foundation is required as you will be helping to design and implement audio systems, and work within Wwise and other tools. With ownership of key parts of the audio experience, you will have a deep understanding of the game vision and pillars and take initiative to enhance the game through the audio experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A degree in audio technology, sound design or related qualification
- Experience working on games in audio
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Wwise expert
- Highly skilled at
- Field and studio recording
- Sound design
- Linear tracklay and mix
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working on AAA FPS titles
- Expert using visual scripting environments
Applications without a showreel won’t be considered, so please include some examples of your best work. We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality. We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.