We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Toronto, EA Madrid, 343 Industries, and Game Insights – and they’re looking for an Audio Director, Assistant Audio Artist, Audio Implementer, and Sound Designer.
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at High Moon Studios, Sound Designer at IO Interactive (position still available), Audio Artists at EA Vancouver and EA Montreal, Senior Sound Designer at Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sound Designer at KT Did, and Part Time Sound Designer at the College of Southern Nevada.
Company: Ubisoft Toronto
Location: Toronto, Canada
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a diverse and vibrant team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. In 2018, the studio shipped Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal, and its first new IP created from the ground-up in Toronto, Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Ubisoft Toronto shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013 and has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
In 2018, Ubisoft Toronto was named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the fourth consecutive year, one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
As the Audio Director you will ensure the quality of the audio content and its integration as a gameplay element. You will supervise audio production and make certain that it is in keeping with the game vision.
The main and routine tasks of the Audio Director are to:
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, design documents);
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Help select the project engine to ensure that audio needs are considered by assessing existing engines, contributing to the design of the new engine (if applicable) and testing the final engine choice;
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the technical architect and Dare team (technology group);
- Set out the musical direction and the process to select composers, in collaboration with the creative director and sound studio;
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers and technical directors to ensure proper integration;
- Determine project resource needs and set out the budget for the audio group with the producer/associate producer and follow up on the reassignments with the reassignment team, ensuring that employees are integrated with the project HR;
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Supervise the work of the audio team from the artistic and technical perspectives by providing individual feedback and/or organizing group audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standard and remains in line with the audio vision;
- Coach team members to foster their artistic and technical development so that they progress in their careers;
- Communicate and share knowledge and experiences with other directors (audio, sound studio, Dare team – technology group) to ensure the effectiveness of the audio community and its evolution within the group, in collaboration with the audio trade director;
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs, in collaboration with the sound studio;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio;
- Computer science training an asset.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in audio production for video games;
- Delivery of over 1-3 AAA games as part of a production team;
- Film or TV postproduction experience an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Sound forge, MIDI);
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset.
- Ability to communicate a vision;
- Good communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Ability to influence others;
- Excellent sense of esthetics;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software;
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Company: EA Madrid
Location: Madrid, Spain
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Yup – it’s the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
The Localization Audio Artist and team are accountable for Manage audio and video assets in different languages, from recording to bug fixing delivering the highest quality assets into the game and meeting development projects deadlines. You will be co-working with different territories around Europe, development studios around the world as well as being part of a complete project design-technical-audio team in Madrid.
What a Loc. Audio Artist does at EA:
As a Localization Audio Artist, your primary focus will be to manage recording assets and, if required, assist external recording studios when needed in order to guarantee EA’s quality standards. Also, you will analyze, schedule and follow up the project plan while tracking project’s schedules and predict issues and risks.
You will be focused on supporting the lead/s of the project in any particular actions required. Bug fixing of audio, being responsible of the final audio quality of all integrated languages in a Title and the integration of the localized audio in the game with EA internal tools or third-party ones as well as being responsible of an audio project oriented to banks, contexts, events, parameters. You will use your skills to map samples to banks and assign design information to them.
You will also spend time checking localized audio files in depth and master them as close as the English audio using batch processes, massive renaming, sometimes up to 15 languages and thousands of files.
Handle the audio integration, checking and adjusting levels in different languages and having legacy behaviors.
The next great EA Loc. Audio Artist also needs:
- University Degree and/or Audio Degree (+2 year) or equivalent experience.
- Audio tools knowledge:
- MAC environment experience.
- PC audio applications fluency (ProTools, Reaper, Wavelab…), audio plug-ins management proven experience.
- Experience in studio recordings (dubbing at least).
- 3 years’ experience in audio tools management.
- Good knowledge of interactive multimedia or games.
- Up to 1 year experience in localization recordings and voice treatment.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office.
- Minimum programming knowledge (Access databases, Excel and Scripting programming and SQL desired).
- Experience in working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Company: 343 Industries
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
343 Industries is looking for an experienced Audio Implementer to help drive and implement our audio systems. Responsibilities will cover all audio systems across the game, including sound effects, voice over, and music implementation as well. This person will work directly with members of our entire audio team to deliver on the vision of our Audio Director; as well as collaborate with members of other disciplines in the studio, including design, art, and engineering.
- Design and implement the systems that control our in-game sounds
- Work directly with Audio Director to deliver a best-in-class audio experience, delivering on the vision of the Audio Director.
- Work with and support the rest of the audio team, delivering systems and solutions that support the needs of the audio team.
- Work with other teams to implement sounds and develop audio systems that support all aspects of gameplay
- Foster communication between members of the audio team, as well as other teams within the studio
- 3 to 5 years professional experience implementing audio in video games or other similar software
- At least one game title shipped
- Experience with Wwise audio middleware
- Proficient in editing audio in Pro Tools
- Self-motivated, self-starter, proactive, independent problem solver, values contributing to the success of others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience working on audio for AAA game titles
- Experience working on audio for first person shooter game titles
- Experience designing, tuning, and shipping audio systems for video games
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA, XML, or visual scripting tools
- Audio-related degree or comparable professional experience
- Understanding of, or familiarity with the Halo universe and legacy
Company: Game Insights
Location: Moscow, Russia
What you will do:
- Create the overall soundscape for Guns of Boom
- Fine-tune sounds
- Find technical means to implement new ideas
- Develop the sound design toolkit
- Work closely with the devs
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of sound design
- Proficiency with Unity
- Experience doing VO for games
- Awesome office next to Gorky Park
- Comfortable working hours
- Coffee house in the office with free coffee and fresh juice in the mornings, fresh fruit every day
- Books and conferences at our expense
- GI educations: meet-ups, courses, workshops