We came across interesting new jobs at V1 Interactive, Larian Studios, Reflector Entertainment, and Blizzard (WoW) – and they’re looking for a Contract Sound Designer/VO Editor (WA, US), Voice Producer/Director (Ireland), Audio Designer (QC, Canada), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a VFX/Sound Producer at Larian Studios (Belgium), Technical Sound Designer at Magic Leap (FL, US), Audio Designer at Hardsuit Labs (WA, US), and Audio Director at Reflector Entertainment (QC, Canada).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Director at Splash Damage (UK), Senior Audio Designer at Hangar 13 (UK), Audio Engineer at Wild Vision Media (Serbia), Sound Designer at Deck13 Interactive (Germany), and Audio Lead / Senior Sound Designer (Baldur’s Gate 3) at Larian Studios (Belgium). Happy job hunting!
Company: V1 Interactive
Location: Redmond, WA, US
This is a CONTRACT position directed at candidates available to work on-site, here at our little studio. We’re interested in someone with solid experience in designing and implementing a wide array of audio assets. The tenure of this position will likely last for an initial three (3) months with potential for extension. Experience in audio asset creation is a must. References would be nice. Hours and rates are up for discussion.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Work within the constraints of our current project to create the highest quality audio assets (as needed).
- VO editing, processing, and implementation.
- Design and implementation of your own assets, as well as others.
- Work with the team to maintain the pillars of the audio aspects of the current project.
- Debug and resolve sound related issues.
- Asset creation across a variety of software.
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines.
- Organization is something you take pride in.
- You’re a true communicator, with an knack for electronic and face-to-face correspondence.
- You have an appropriate sense of humor under a lot of pressure.
- Background in sound design with strong yet flexible style.
- You’ve worked on and shipped at least one AAA title.
- You’re passionate and enthusiastic about video games.
- An appropriate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with the following software;
- Provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cover letter should include why you want to join us at V1 in a CONTRACT role, what your strengths as an artist are, and games you’re currently playing or that inspire you.
- Provide a link to your website and/or links to examples of your highest quality work.
Company: Larian Studios
Location: Dublin, Ireland
VOICE PRODUCER / DIRECTOR
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We are looking for a Voice Producer/Director to join us in our Dublin office in a full-time or freelance capacity.
Serve as the primary point of contact between Larian and external voice recording studio
Maintain granular overview of the production cycle and existing game content and liaise with third parties
Schedule and troubleshoot the flow of assets between studios
Plan and maintain deadlines for voice recording and implementation
Assist voice directors in visualizing scenes and capturing intent of text
Be intimately familiar with the game’s dialogs and situations so as to provide external directors and actors with the exact voice direction they need.
3+ years experience in audio, voice recording, and production
Excellent organization and communication skills
Working knowledge of Google Sheets/ Excel
Comfort in an agile environment with evolving needs
Experience in casting and/or directing actors, particularly voice actors
NICE TO HAVES
Experience in audio tech
Experience in data management or computer science
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Company: Reflector Entertainment
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Reflector is a new breed of studio dedicated to creating content for today’s audience. We create rich Storyworlds and then populate these universes with various media (podcasts, comic books, AAA video games, mobile games, television shows, movies, etc.). We have an in-house team that produces interactive media (games, ARG etc.) as well as a new media team that works on live experiences (in AR, VR, etc).
Our team is growing fast and we are currently looking for AAA talents to join our team.Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Audio Director, Engineering and Design teams to help define the project’s audio needs and signature;
- Create sound effects;
- Design and iterate interactive audio within Wwise and Unreal;
- Own the audio you create and insure its coherence, relevance and function in the project;
- Create strategies and relationships to manage multiple inter discipline dependencies;
- Respect the delivery deadlines of the project;
- Communicate progress updates to the Audio Director and other departments.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in game development or equivalent;
- Experience with Unreal, Wwise and Reaper;
- Experience of working on a published AAA game from conception to release a strong asset;
- Positive team building skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills adapted to rapid iteration development environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (both oral and written).
Company: Blizzard (WoW)
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a fulltime Sound Designer to join the World of Warcraft audio team. The ideal candidate must have a strong creative vision and an internal desire to learn and grow in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio team and help us to create the future sound of the World of Warcraft franchise.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in sound design and environmental audio for games. As a member of the WoW sound team, you will work directly the Sound Supervisor, Audio Producer, and other members of the dev team to align creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various game artists, designers, and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer also contributes to a game’s user interface in order to give players feedback on their gaming experience. Additionally, the sound designer engages with our music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. A successful sound designer collaborates with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with gameplay. Our ideal candidate must show that they can both create exemplary original content and integrate it into the final product. You will be part of a collaborative team of artists, designers, producers, and programmers that all work in conjunction in order to turn concepts into memorable experiences in the final finished product.
- Game audio production credits on multiple major shipped titles in a Sound Design role.
- Experience specifically creating outstanding sound effects, backgrounds, and foley for games.
- Experience designing sounds for fantasy games, specifically creature and spell work.
- Demonstrable proficiency working in DAW workstations, including Nuendo or Pro Tools.
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production.
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
- Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
- Experience playing World of Warcraft (A Very Big Plus).
- Development experience with MMOs.
- Experience directing live actors
- Scripting and/or light programming knowledge.
- Experience developing games that utilize FMod.
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.