We came across interesting jobs at Zynga, King, Blizzard, and Epic Games – and they’re looking for a Lead Audio Designer, Senior Sound Designers, and an Audio Programming Intern.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for an Audio Programmer at Epic Games, a Sound Designer at Sounding Sweet, and an Audio Designer, Principal Audio Designer, and Senior Audio Designer at Playground Games. Happy job hunting!
Location: Bangalore, India
Zynga is looking for a Lead Audio Designer/Composer, to join our fast growing Slots studio in Bengaluru (Bangalore), India! This is a full time, in-house position.
The Ideal Candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in professional Game Audio situations with successful shipped products. First priority is extremely strong orchestral composition and arranging. Experience with creating and managing soundtrack specifications, working with game designers and outside sound contractors, is also extremely important. Slots experience a BIG plus but not an absolute requirement. Preference would be given to a composer/sound-designer who is also an experienced performing musician, who could bring a high level of virtuosity and speed/skill to the activity of creating game audio.
• Interface with game designers to create soundtrack specifications
• Write music — the usual (in any style, by tomorrow; preference for strong Western Orchestral / “Hollywood” film-style experience)
• Create and curate sound effects
• Collaborate with game designers and other creatives to produce voiceover scripts (another plus: voice acting experience)
• Edit/sweeten voiceover and other found audio
• Interface with outside sound vendors to provide assets in pipeline for all SKUs Zynga-Bengaluru has brought / will bring online
• Interface with tech artists & programmers to see soundtracks implemented according to spec.
• Take hands-on direction from SKU Exec-Producer/Leads (plus whichever Product Managers or producers they designate).
• Be responsible for and “own” the details of delivering all sound and soundtrack work for the studio. (The Slots/Match Audio Director will continue to provide high level direction, management support & QA)
Location: London, UK
Are you a seasoned Audio Designer and on the lookout for a new challenge? We´re growing our team in London and this might be the opportunity you are looking for…
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As part of the audio team at King, you will ensure that the audio experience in our games and associated content is of the highest possible standard. In the role of a sound designer, you will work with multiple game teams performing sound design, mixing and implementation.
Skills to Create Thrills
We are looking for a great team player that both thrives under pressure and knows how to run several simultaneous projects to get the very best results. You understand the importance of collaboration and are able to communicate effectively with people from diverse professional and technical backgrounds. You bring a positive attitude and welcome feedback on your work as a way of constantly improving and growing. You are passionate about sound design, but specifically savvy about how it affects game play and the way games are played and perceived. Versatile, you have excellent skills in audio tools as well as a keen sense of quality. You are up to speed on new sound technologies.
• Highly experienced in sound design across varied areas with an amazing surreal to prove it. Please ensure the work you’ve done is clear.
• Extraordinary skills in all areas of sound design, recording, mixing, audio editing and optimisation.
• Experience with using audio software such as Cubase, Reaper or equivalent.
• Extensive audio middleware experience (Wwise and Fabric preferred)
• Extensive game engine experience
• Experience performing sound design for linear content such as cinematics, trailers and adverts.
• Experience recording and directing voice over talent.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks across different simultaneous projects
• Great communication skills and ability to swiftly integrate yourself, and collaborate closely with multiple interdisciplinary teams.
• A real passion for games across all platforms, especially mobile.
• Experience in working with Unity.
• Foley recording experience
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it’s no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Company: Blizzard Entertainment
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Blizzard Entertainment’s cinematic sound department is looking for a Senior Sound Designer with extensive mixing experience to contribute to some of the most successful franchises in gaming history.
You have substantial mixing experience as well as sound design experience with proven skill creating rich, detailed mixes. In this role, you will work with Blizzard’s Cinematic Sound Department and Video Post-Production team, collaborating with video editors, directors, producers, and sound supervisors, to deliver a variety of content for varying projects that includes promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc., and will be responsible for finalizing and delivering completed mixes.
You should be equally comfortable creating compelling sound assets as you are behind a mixing board and working with clients. You should be comfortable working under tight deadlines and easily adaptable to shifting priorities. Please include credits and/or a demo reel with your application.
• Design, edit and mix dialogue, sound effects, and music assets in both stereo and 5.1 surround
• Work collaboratively with Lead Supervising Sound Designer and Audio Producer to assess scope of projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be comfortable working under strenuous deadlines
• Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
• Comfortable taking direction and criticism
• A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a video game or post production setting
• A minimum of 6 years as a rerecording mixer on TV or feature films, or equivalent mixing game cinematics. Experience must include mixing dialog, music, and sound effects in 5.1
• 4 or more shipped AAA titles or equivalent film credits in a mixer /sound design role
• Proven skills regarding mixing dialog, music, and sound effects for a large variety of projects in both stereo and 5.1
• Proven skills regarding editing and conforming sound-to-picture
• Extremely versed in working inside of Protools (Mac)
• Experience using both Windows and Macintosh operating systems
• Familiarity with Blizzard’s titles as well as the Blizzard “brand”
• Familiarity with a large variety of audio plugins
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume along with a link with samples of your sound designs for us to listen to.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Company: Epic Games
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Fortnite’s Seattle Audio Team is looking for a smart, creative Audio Programming Intern to join them for the 2019 summer. Our Interns participate in the development and implementation of sound into our games and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic next summer, this is the opportunity for you!
Your days will include:
• Implementing new dsp effects and synthesis features
• Working on high level audio engine quality of life features
• Implementing and/or testing audio engine sample content
• Top-grades in your programming classes, especially C++
• Experience working with a team to accomplish a highly rated result
• Demonstrated understanding of audio implementation in a game engine
• Experience with digital signal processing including effects and synthesis
This is going to be Epic!