We came across interesting new jobs at Cryptic Studios, EA Redwood Shores, Respawn, and Ubisoft – and they’re looking for an Audio Software Engineer (CA, US), Voice Lead/Director (CA, US), Sound Designer (CA, US), and Audio Designer (Vietnam).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Game On (QC, Canada), 4 Audio Artists for SFX, Music, Speech and Implementation at EA Create Audio (BC, Canada), Audio Artist at EA Madrid (Spain), Senior Audio Engineer at ZeniMax Online Studios (MD, US) – and here’s an overview of current opportunities at Playstation (CA, US): Senior Sound Designer, Technical Sound Designer, Dialog Sound Intern, Audio Programming Intern and Sound Design Intern.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Sound Designer / Sound Mixer at Squeak E. Clean Studios (VIC, Australia). Happy job hunting!
Company: Cryptic Studios
Location: Los Gatos, CA, US
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Audio Software Engineer to create and maintain our audio pipeline and systems. You’ll work closely with Sound Designers, Leads, and other software engineers in our studio to drive a great game audio experience for our players.
- Improve the workflows for how we get voice overs and other audio into our existing games.
- Evaluate Third Party solutions for Audio for our next game, in concert with our Audio and Engine Teams.
- Improve stability of the Audio code on all of our Shipping Platforms (Windows, Xbox One, PS4).
- Add more advanced audio features to our new game.
What we need to see
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Attention to details.
- A passion for working in the Audio space, and a care for customer experience.
- Very proficient in C/C++ programming and debugging, especially in multi-threaded code.
- Proficient in source code version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience with audio middleware, like FMOD or WWise.
- Deep knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes, etc.).
- Experience with sound design, including digital signal processing (DSP) and data compression techniques.
- 4 year degree and 2 years of professional Audio or Tools Engineering experience, or the equivalent.
What we’d like to see
- Experience with music and adaptive music systems.
- Experience creating complex voice over playback systems.
Company: EA Redwood Shores
Location: Redwood City, CA, US
The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is seeking a Voice Lead/Director to contribute to our family of Sims games and the future. As the Maxis Voice Lead/Director, you will play a key role in improving the voice content for Maxis games using The Sim’s language, Simlish.
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
- Own the voice pipeline: scheduling voice sessions, prepping and directing voice sessions, editing and reviewing voice content, and ensuring quality implementation.
- Collaborate with teammates from every discipline, across all aspects of the game, to deliver a voice and audio experience that inspires our players and brings our worlds to life.
- Use creativity and emotion to push the quality of voice acting forward to maximize player stories and creativity.
- Take a leadership role in using and defining implementation strategies to maximize the production.
- Be flexible with your creativity and drive inspirational performance from those around you.
- Mentor, grow, and advocate for the people you work with and audio in general.
- A fan of Maxis game titles and what we bring to players
- 3+ years of Voice Directing for game projects.
- Voice Editing responsibilities for at least one shipped game title.
- Have worked with top professional actors and game implementation pipelines.
- Proficiency with standard audio tools (DAW, Editing, plugins, etc) and studio tools (microphone, compressors, etc).
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Proficiency with PC and Mac platforms, and comfort with custom tools. Experienced with Excel, Outlook, and Google Sheets.
- Broad experience with Game Production and Design.
- An open mind, willing to challenge conventional wisdom and find creative solutions to our unique problems.
- An eye towards innovating audio tech and tools for voice.
- Ability to shift quickly and flexibly between multiple projects and roles.
- A committed ear for the user experience of Voice Performance in detail.
- Ability to thrive and grow in a dynamic environment and bring enthusiasm to those around you.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, and WWise.
- Max/Msp skills.
- Fan of popular music and artists.
- Music performance skills, vocals in particular.
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Sound Designer for Medal of Honor™: Above and Beyond, a AAA First Person Shooter being developed exclusively for the Oculus!
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and onsite at our studio in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
- Create and edit sound assets
- Implement sound assets using our 3rd party and proprietary tools
- Contribute to defining the tone and style of our audio direction
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years game audio experience
- High degree of proficiency with any DAW (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper)
- Intermediate-Expert command of sound design & mixing skills
- Experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine 4
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of recording techniques (foley, dialogue, and field)
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Location: Da Nang, Vietnam
As an Audio Designer, you will craft high quality audio for our games. Your job is to design, create and implement audio content to mobile games. We are looking for an experienced audio wizard with at least one shipped game under their belt. As a designer, you are a fearless innovator with an experimental mindset.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing audio (gameplay sounds, ambiance, voices etc.) for a large variety of mobile games
- Defining audio pipelines and systems with other team members
- Working closely with programmers, designers, and artists to collaborate at all stages of development
- Relevant experience in game audio
- Ability to produce high-quality and innovative audio content
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Experience in integrating audio using Wwise
- Strong knowledge of audio editing tools
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on mobile App audio best practices
- Able to work with external vendor and audio database
We’ll come back to you as soon as possible with potential delays to expect due to the recent opening of the studio.Company Description
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture, and one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio will focus on developing “Instant Games”, powered by HTML 5 technology, for several social platforms. This new playstyle has boomed significantly on social media on a worldwide scale boasting today millions of daily users. The teams at Ubisoft Da Nang will alsocollaborate with other studios on the development of mobile games.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.