We came across interesting new jobs at Owl Labs, Heard, theSkimm, and ESPN – and they’re looking for an Audio Systems Engineer (MA, US), Voice Talent (IL, US), Associate Audio Producer (NY, US), and Part-Time Radio Production Assistant (CT, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Designer at Firaxis (MD, US), Game Audio Engineer at Amazon (WA, US), Mobile Audio Designer at Ubisoft Shanghai (China), Contract Audio Engineer at Within (CA, US), Audio Director at Wargaming – still available – (Berlin, Germany), Acoustics Research Intern at Microsoft (WA, US), and Sound Technology Specialist at Netflix (MA, India).
Company: Owl Labs
Location: Somerville, MA, US
Owl Labs is hiring an Audio Systems Engineer to grow our audio team and join our cross-functional development team. The ideal candidate has experience testing and tuning communication device audio systems and can analyze results and debug issues. You can expect the opportunity to grow to help design and improve future audio systems.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
In this role, you will impact some of the company’s most important product development goals.Skills & Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in C and C++, and ability to develop clean well-documented modular code
- 3-5 years testing and tuning communication device audio systems (e.g. cell phones, conference room phones)
- Familiarity with audio concepts surrounding acoustic systems containing microphones and speakers
- Experience with tuning and troubleshooting conferencing signal processing algorithms such as equalization, dynamic range control, echo cancellation, and noise suppression
- Experience with audio digital signal processing concepts.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of documentation, and co-work & customer empathy
- Experience with embedded systems, particularly embedded Linux
- Experience with embedded software development principles and procedures
- Experience as deep technical support for customer support for mass market products
- Experience writing Audio DSP algorithms
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Heard by Ego & Id LLC, is a product designed to help people overcome real-life challenges and develop healthier ways of being. Our programs are founded on the core principles of mindfulness and science-backed psychology research.
We’re creating an app that contains short audio clips and other features to guide people through real-life challenges. Example topics: how to cultivate healthy relationships, strengthen familial bonds, achieve personal and professional goals, regulate emotion, increase self-understanding, and more.
Interested in becoming the voice of a mindfulness-based wellness app? We are looking for male and female English-speaking voice-over talent and actors who can deliver our content in an engaging, conversational (“non-commercial” sounding), friendly, thoughtful, and relaxed style. Our preferred vocal age is in the 25-35 range, and unless you are local to Chicago, you must have the able to furnish us with a remote, professional quality recording.
If you feel like your vocal skills are a match for the above description, we would love to hear from you. Please apply directly through our site, and if you would like more creative guidance, we can provide you with materials.
We are a small, funded, nascent startup located in Chicago’s River West neighborhood. Our team has a strong background in psychotherapy, user experience, and software development. We’re passionate about combining psychological methods with modern technology into a product that helps people with specific, everyday challenges. The $4 trillion dollar wellness industry is growing, and we think we have something new and exciting to contribute.
Location: NYC, NY, US
theSkimm’s Audio Production team is a creative, collaborative group of producers from both traditional and new media backgrounds. They maintain the highest standards for journalism and integrity in storytelling, while producing distinct content for theSkimm’s unique voice and brand.
As we grow, we’re looking for a news junkie and experienced Writer and Producer to work with theSkimm’s small and mighty podcast team. Reporting to theSkimm’s Senior Audio Producer, you’ll be responsible for pitching stories, fact-checking, sourcing and cutting audio, writing concise and ready-to-read scripts for theSkimm’s daily news podcast as well as weekly audio deep dives. If you are a multi-talented self-starter with a sense of humor and lots of ideas who loves understanding the nitty-gritty of national and international news, this job is for you.WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborate with the team pitching daily news stories, researching, fact-checking, and script writing in theSkimm’s brand voice
- Work closely with the Senior Audio Producer each day to see segments through from pitch to final mix
- Pitch, research, write and edit long form deep-dive pieces
- 3+ yrs experience in audio storytelling, preferably in a news or news-adjacent setting
- Experience learning and writing in a specific brand voice
- Experience fact-checking audio scripts both before and after recordings
- Calm under pressure, able to switch gears and react to breaking news
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong journalistic and ethical judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Proficiency in cutting and mixing tape for audio publications
- Experience editing and mastering entire podcasts for distribution a plus
- Experience field recording and on-air a plus
- Collaborative and creative spirit an absolute must
- Ability to contribute innovative ideas and find unique solutions; willingness to try new things even if they don’t come to fruition
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches and monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches and a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we’ve become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We’re fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we’ve grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast “Skimm’d from The Couch” reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we’re committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we’ve since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other’s company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we’re building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.
Location: Bristol, CT, US
The Part-time Production Assistant will mainly work in screening and operating the audio board with the opportunity to assist with and support the radio production of assigned talk shows, podcasts and/or remote sports events.Responsibilities:
- Works cutting and editing actualities, play-by-play highlights and audio from ESPN shows.
- Will make decisions regarding the most appropriate audio cuts for ESPN Radio.
- Occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions.
- Assists ESPN Radio producers by generating story ideas, providing research materials for interviews, assisting with guest booking, producing show elements and operating the control board.
- Researches sports information and obtains materials necessary for aspects of productions.
- When directed, will operate the audio board
- When directed, occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions and podcasts.
- May contribute to creative concepts of radio shows and podcasts.
- May work with our Imaging team on promos and/or show production.
- Must have solid sports knowledge of NFL, NBA, CFB, MLB and other sports.
- Must be able to show good news judgement based on the top stories of the day.
- Work is subject to scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- A minimum of 1 year in commercial production and a minimum of 1 year working at a network or local radio facility.
- A minimum of 2 years working at a commercially operated, local or network radio facility
College degree or Equivalent.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.