Here are some interesting audio opportunities we came across from Ubisoft, Audioworks and Schell Games.
Bonus info: We’ve learned that Creative Assembly is still looking for a Experienced Sound Designer right here – and Cloud Imperium Games is still searching for a Senior Sound Designer too, right here.
Hope the info comes in handy, and best of luck!
Location: Shanghai, China
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
With its 9000 employees and 29 studios around the world, Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment. Ubisoft owns a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Conception, realization and final rendering of parts of the audio in a music game
Following and developing the intentions of the audio director
Qualification & Technical competencies
College degree in related field preferred
2 years music editing experience
Solid skills in audio processing and mixing (Cubase or Nuendo is essential to master)
Knowledgeable in entertainment industry in terms of video games, movies, TV series, music and fashion culture.
Capability of creating/editing sound track efficiently for video clips following director’s intentions.
At least basic to intermediate written and oral English communication skills
Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices
A passion for creating and playing video games
Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware application preferred
Familiarity with audio specifications of various game platforms preferred
Hobby of dancing
Optional but Advanced
Basic programming skill with C, C++
Experienced skill with scripts (Python, Lua, etc.)
Ability to implementation basic programming algorithm
Familiarity with Max/MSP (or Csound, Pd, etc.) , knowledge about audio programming and software DSP
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
Company: Schell Games
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We like creating family-friendly games that are transformational and fun. Presently, we focus on creating a wide variety of innovative gaming experiences including theme park installations, web-based MMO’s, next generation consoles, social games, and mobile platforms.
Schell Games offers paid internships and for-credit co-op positions. These positions are a great way to get real-world experience in the games industry. You will get hands-on experience working on actual projects with the members of our studio.
We are currently seeking a talented Audio Artist to join our team and help build educational game and entertainment experiences. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues during game development as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. Passion for audio design, SFX, VO recording and cleanup, and musical composition are crucial. The applicant will be working on a variety of projects, under direction of our audio designers. Previous experience with creating and placing audio hooks, mixing and leveling audio, and working with game teams is prefered.
• Portfolio/Reel of work must be available for review
• Expert knowledge Logic, Adobe Audition, or similar DAWS
• Flexibility with adoption of audio styles and range in both music and sound design is critical
• Comfortable working with and mixing from sound banks
• Background in music composition
• Sound recording / Voice recording / Foley experience
• Client relationship management experience
• Audio asset tracking / pipeline management experience
• FMOD / WWise / middleware interest or previous experience
• Previous professional experience with both franchised media and original IP
• Experience with Unity game engine
• Project management experience
• Organized spreadsheet and documentation skills
• Can use Source Control (Perforce and SVN) efficiently
• Music polishing/mixing/cleanup assistance
• Digital audio editing and mixing skills
• Voice over coaching, directing, and cleanup
• Familiarity with video capture and editing software
• Interest in researching audio optimization standards
• BA / BFA with a focus on music, sound design, or audio technologies preferred
Company: Audioworks / EA Studios
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Audioworks is looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development for our team. This individual should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills.
– Clear communication with team partners and Audioworks team members at all levels
– Audio creative design in line with the vision and goals of the title(s)
– Sound design skills
– Quality control review of project(s)
– Audio post production for in-game video content
– Collaborate with team project manager and review work of audio artists and contractors for your title(s), where applicable
– Participate in training and onboarding other team members
– Minimum of five years game audio experience
– Knowledge of audio post-production process as it pertains to film/television
– Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
– Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in Pro Tools
– Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
– Outstanding sound design and listening skills
– Strong communication and problem solving skills
– Good creative and technical thinker
– Works well as part of a team
– Strong skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
– Strong artistic and creative sensibilities